PDA

View Full Version : JoeDios Recall

troopsofdoom
03-20-2020, 01:52 PM
The lack of activity on JoeDios is disappointing. I admit I’ve been a slacker the last couple years. Even though I wasn’t active, I’d visit the site almost daily to see everyone’s photos. GI Joe and JoeDios brings a little joy into my life, I’d hate to see it die.

I’d like to encourage everyone to get back into posting on JoeDios. If you’re in contact with other members, invite them back.

I know a lot of you are using Instagram, or whatever, but you can post your pics on JoeDios as well. Got old photos you haven’t posted here? Post those too.

All it takes to bring JoeDios back to it’s former glory, is for us to post.

gijoeiwasthere
03-20-2020, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=troopsofdoom]The lack of activity on JoeDios is disappointing. I admit I’ve been a slacker the last couple years. Even though I wasn’t active, I’d visit the site almost daily to see everyone’s photos. GI Joe and JoeDios brings a little joy into my life, I’d hate to see it die.

I’d like to encourage everyone to get back into posting on JoeDios. If you’re in contact with other members, invite them back.

I know a lot of you are using Instagram, or whatever, but you can post your pics on JoeDios as well. Got old photos you haven’t posted here? Post those too.

All it takes to bring JoeDios back to it’s former glory, is for us to post.[/QUOTE]

Selvaland and I have been trying for years! Bring it on Peeps....Post! Comment!

GoCards
03-20-2020, 05:10 PM
I comment on pictures from time to time. As for posting, I've really got to upgrade my technology. Old camera and computer.

Lava Boss
03-21-2020, 07:07 PM
My camera isn't great, but to be honest I just don't have that much interest in GI JOE. I think about taking photos sometimes but cannot think of anything to do with GI JOE.

troopsofdoom
03-22-2020, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=gijoeiwasthere]Selvaland and I have been trying for years! Bring it on Peeps....Post! Comment![/QUOTE]I’d like to volunteer for the mission, sir.

[QUOTE=GoCards]I comment on pictures from time to time. As for posting, I've really got to upgrade my technology. Old camera and computer.[/QUOTE]Yeah, my camera is about fifteen years old. The auto focus doesn’t work very well.

[QUOTE=Lava Boss]My camera isn't great, but to be honest I just don't have that much interest in GI JOE. I think about taking photos sometimes but cannot think of anything to do with GI JOE.[/QUOTE]Still, it’s okay to look. ;)

ThinkTank
03-23-2020, 02:40 AM
Wifey and I just moved into a larger place with my own room for toys and crafting. I really plan on getting back into the swing of things. I have been building models and customizing lots of various items. I cant wait to show them off.

troopsofdoom
03-23-2020, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=ThinkTank]Wifey and I just moved into a larger place with my own room for toys and crafting. I really plan on getting back into the swing of things. I have been building models and customizing lots of various items. I cant wait to show them off.[/QUOTE]
Looking forward to it. I went through your archives a few days ago, so many great custom setups.

neapolitan joe
03-24-2020, 03:09 AM
I'm here. It's a war.

troopsofdoom
03-24-2020, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]I'm here. It's a war.[/QUOTE]
JoeDios' most prolific commentator keeping up the good fight.

scruffyronin
03-26-2020, 01:07 AM
Love posting here. Was inactive since 2013 but I personally like the gallery here and the like-minded people. I get that with Facebook as well but you get so many pics at once. It kinda desensitize you. I don't do Instagram because I have no celphone and Flickr, just don't feel like joining.

troopsofdoom
03-26-2020, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=scruffyronin]Love posting here. Was inactive since 2013 but I personally like the gallery here and the like-minded people. I get that with Facebook as well but you get so many pics at once. It kinda desensitize you. I don't do Instagram because I have no celphone and Flickr, just don't feel like joining.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the members here have been a lot of fun to share the hobby with. Only wish we could get more of them to return.

JoeDios is the best option for me. Facebook shrinks and compresses your photos. I have no interest at looking at badly cropped photos on tiny little screens, with Instagram. I used to like Flickr but they locked me out of my account, I assume because of inactivity.

scruffyronin
03-26-2020, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=troopsofdoom]

JoeDios is the best option for me. Facebook shrinks and compresses your photos. I have no interest at looking at badly cropped photos on tiny little screens...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do. Sucks bigtime.

Lava Boss
03-27-2020, 11:59 AM
I fear Flickr is on its way to becoming a pay site since Smugmug took over.

Instagram always lowers the quality of my photos for some reason,maybe it's their size or that I'm using a PC not a moble device. It's frustrating.

ThinkTank
03-27-2020, 12:10 PM
I haven't been on Facebook since 2017. I recommend disconnecting from it as soon as you can. I haven't been on Flickr for a while. I like that a lot of people were there posting, but it can be overwhelming with all the groups and galleries and various themes that compete for my time. It also seems that Flickr is where a lot of JD people went after the dust-up a few years ago, but they don't seem to be active anymore. Now would be a good time to get back into it, especially if you are sequestered at home, like me.

RTG- if you are out there, come back.

troopsofdoom
03-27-2020, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]Instagram always lowers the quality of my photos for some reason,maybe it's their size or that I'm using a PC not a moble device. It's frustrating.[/QUOTE]Social media expects people to be viewing everything on their little phone screens, plus shrinking and compressing photos saves bandwidth for them. They don’t care about quality.

[QUOTE=ThinkTank]It also seems that Flickr is where a lot of JD people went[/QUOTE]I’m locked out of my account, but if anyone else is using Flickr, post a photo there and add a link to JoeDios, invite everyone to return.

gijoeiwasthere
03-28-2020, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE=troopsofdoom]Social media expects people to be viewing everything on their little phone screens, plus shrinking and compressing photos saves bandwidth for them. They don’t care about quality.

I’m locked out of my account, but if anyone else is using Flickr, post a photo there and add a link to JoeDios, invite everyone to return.[/QUOTE]

took a look at the Haters Group...dead since 2017

troopsofdoom
03-28-2020, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE=gijoeiwasthere]took a look at the Haters Group...dead since 2017[/QUOTE]
The Outrider group is still going and lots of others.

gijoeiwasthere
03-28-2020, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=troopsofdoom]The Outrider group is still going and lots of others.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know

ThinkTank
03-28-2020, 08:15 PM
i actually logged into Flickr today and requested to get in the Outrider group. I have a handful of O-rings and lots of vehicles.

troopsofdoom
03-31-2020, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=ThinkTank]i actually logged into Flickr today and requested to get in the Outrider group. I have a handful of O-rings and lots of vehicles.[/QUOTE]
A lot of great old JoeDios members in that group.

Crimson Pilot
04-01-2020, 11:01 AM
I am planning on binging the show for inspiration. I stopped for a while. I had started to print a bunch of stuff that was going to be with zombie lab and cobra figures. Then the printer broke down. I just need to fix the printer then back in business on that dio.

troopsofdoom
04-02-2020, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Crimson Pilot]I am planning on binging the show for inspiration.[/QUOTE]
Now I want to watch Resolute.

HK-47
04-04-2020, 12:00 PM
Hello All,
Hope everybody is safe at home with your families and taking all necessary precautions.

I am going to try and post more pictures of my collections, but I only have my phone camera for that. I and also have to finish overdue work from the office; thankfully I can do that from home.

Best regards.

Yo Joe!

troopsofdoom
04-06-2020, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=HK-47]I and also have to finish overdue work from the office; thankfully I can do that from home.[/QUOTE]
Work is interfering with my Joe time too. I had a shot done a couple days ago but haven't had the time to add the special effects.

yorktownjoe
04-06-2020, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=troopsofdoom]Now I want to watch Resolute.[/QUOTE]

Recently watched Pyramid of Darkness and also Resolute.

Michael Mercy has a YouTube video from February where he and 3 or 4 other guys watch Resolute and comment to each other as it goes. Occasionally they put up a new still frame to make sure you are close to where they are.

So I had Resolute going with the sound down, and then listened to them on YouTube.

Not the same as watching with a friend, but close enough during our current times.

Link to Michael Mercy Cartoon Commentary, GIJOE Resolute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz2nAR-zeRo)

troopsofdoom
04-08-2020, 06:00 PM
[QUOTE=yorktownjoe]Recently watched Pyramid of Darkness and also Resolute.

Michael Mercy has a YouTube video from February where he and 3 or 4 other guys watch Resolute and comment to each other as it goes. Occasionally they put up a new still frame to make sure you are close to where they are.

So I had Resolute going with the sound down, and then listened to them on YouTube.

Not the same as watching with a friend, but close enough during our current times.

Link to Michael Mercy Cartoon Commentary, GIJOE Resolute (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz2nAR-zeRo)[/QUOTE]
Might give it a try some time, but talking during the movie could drive me crazy.

I loved Resolute, best movie/TV version of GI Joe. I didn't get some of the mythos changes, but the animation and character designs made up for it.

selvaland
04-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Hi everybody! Glad to read all the posts!
Very happy there's some activity back here!
Have always loved to post and comment here, joedios just have his place in my life!

Dirtbag
11-12-2021, 02:55 AM
Hello everyone.

It has been a while since last time I posted. Hope everyone is safe and well. Slowly but surely getting back into Joe.

Glad I was able to log in to my old account.

ThinkTank
11-22-2021, 05:45 PM
I’ve been active on Instagram and Twitter. I’m cross posting some here, but not much go joe. You can always view Instagram on your desktop monitor, the pictures are the same as far as I can tell. My website is being updated and changed to reflect the world building I’m working on.

Lightning LA
08-10-2023, 05:53 PM
It's good to see some familiar names from the glory days, in the past week I've got my Joes out of storage. And I have that spark to get my Joe Room finally setup, and start taking pictures again. It's definitely sad to see the lack of posts on here, but every new post helps. I know this was the spot from 2005 to around 2012, and the Guy who 1st introduced & got me interested into taking pictures with my Joes was a member here. I consider him one of if not the best to ever take pictures with Joes, and he was only O-Ring, just like me. He went by Outrider, but those who were lucky enough to have him as a Friend knew him as Craig. So if any of you newer members want to see some really amazing pics look him up on here, and check out his threads. He was a master at weathering Vehicles and he made a thread on that. Well I hope to see more of you Guys. Yo Joe!