PDA

View Full Version : 3 pic rule

snakeling
07-31-2017, 11:11 AM
Is there a 3 pics per day rule in effect here??? I see it broken regularly. I guess this question is aimed at Neapolitan Joe, since he is now running the show. I'm not trying to ''start stuff", I just want to know what is going on lately.

Dr. Phibes
07-31-2017, 12:37 PM
The 3 pic rule was not per day. It was more to post 3 pics, let someone else or a few other people post pics, and then you can post 3 again. If it changed, then someone made that the rule.

I asked the same question but for the FILES section which tends to be really slow.

There was a time when 1 person would post 20 pics of the same pic but with different angles. And it happened over and over. That was why the rule was made. Basically, just spread the pics out.

I'll let NJ explain it again here since he just pm'd his answer.

TwoOneEight
07-31-2017, 02:23 PM
[SIZE=2]Good question.

I figured it's there so everyone's pictures can be seen on the homepage since each category only shows the 3 most recent pictures posted.

I stagger my posts. My personal rule is 3 pics per day. But that's just me. But if it looks like person A posts 3 pics, then person 2 posts, then person C posts, then after 5 or 6 hours, person A posts 3 more pics, it's not a big deal. Not to me, anyway.

But if it is 3 pics per 24 hrs, what if I post 3 pics at 11:45 pm on a Monday evening, then I post 3 pics at 12:01 am Tuesday morning, is THAT a violation?

Points to ponder...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Also, what if you post 3 pics today, Monday. Then no one else posts in that category for 24 hours, then you post 3 more pics on Tuesday. But when you click on the category, it looks like you posted 6 pictures in a row? [/SIZE]

neapolitan joe
07-31-2017, 02:25 PM
I think that the 3 pictures rule is not per day.
I think that a Joedios' user'd post 3 pictures in a section and only after another user's pictures, he'd post again: better if not the same object, custom, action figure, character, vehicle, diorama, playset, etc., etc.
However I look for Yours and Hammerfel's opinion on the matter.

snakeling
07-31-2017, 02:41 PM
I guess its up to Hammerfell. My opinion really doesn't matter around here.

neapolitan joe
07-31-2017, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=snakeling]I guess its up to Hammerfell. My opinion really doesn't matter around here.[/QUOTE]

No, my friend.
Your opinion matters like the others.
What Do You think about the rule: do You prefer it "per day" or "for sequence of photos"?

snakeling
07-31-2017, 02:57 PM
I'll make this simple boss, go to the photos section. There are 4 pics of Gung Ho, whichever way the rule works it seems this guy is breaking the 3 pic rule. I have been following a ''3 pic per day" rule for many years here. I'm not here to rock the boat. In fact lately I only post one pic and not everyday. You've been given command, its really your decision and I will abide by what you say.

Slipstream80
07-31-2017, 03:14 PM
I always thought it was 3 pics per day. That's how I've been doing it.

snakeling
07-31-2017, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=Slipstream80]I always thought it was 3 pics per day. That's how I've been doing it.[/QUOTE]

Me too, there is a lack of clarity here on Joe Dios. The mod doesn't seem to want to make a decision because....it might look like he is taking sides???? I'm not sure. He is the last guy I would expect to abuse his mod powers. I don't want to name names, I think we all can see for ourselves who is doing this.

neapolitan joe
07-31-2017, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=snakeling]I'll make this simple boss, go to the photos section. There are 4 pics of Gung Ho, whichever way the rule works it seems this guy is breaking the 3 pic rule. I have been following a ''3 pic per day" rule for many years here. I'm not here to rock the boat. In fact lately I only post one pic and not everyday. You've been given command, its really your decision and I will abide by what you say.[/QUOTE]

I wrote under a pic of Red Cross and Slipstream80 about the rule, then I'll PM them or any other user.
I think my idea about the 3 pics rule is clear, but I wait for inputs from other users or Hammerfel, the real boss.
The real problem is the "Files" section where posts only a few guys of us.

neapolitan joe
07-31-2017, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=snakeling]Me too, there is a lack of clarity here on Joe Dios. The mod doesn't seem to want to make a decision because....it might look like he is taking sides???? I'm not sure. He is the last guy I would expect to abuse his mod powers. I don't want to name names, I think we all can see for ourselves who is doing this.[/QUOTE]

1) There is not a lack of clarity;
2) I made a decision, but I'm waiting for possible opinions of other friends here;
3) What sides!? - Abuse of mods powers!? :confused:
Relax my friend.

snakeling
07-31-2017, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]1) There is not a lack of clarity;
2) I made a decision, but I'm waiting for possible opinions of other friends here;
3) What sides!? - Abuse of mods powers!? :confused:
Relax my friend.[/QUOTE]

I'm not upset. I think you are nervous about making a decision because other people will say you are ''taking Snakeling's side" then drama starts. While you may value my opinion or not, I do know that others here want me gone, and the sooner the better as we say here in the USA. I also said you (Neapolitan Joe) would be the last person to abuse power, that is not an insult to you, that means you would not get ''heavy handed" in your approach. Perhaps I've been impatient, sorry.

When you tell me to relax, I know you are angry with me. I'm sorry I don't speak Italian, perhaps that would clear this up. I hope the above paragraph explains this to you more clearly.

gijoeiwasthere
07-31-2017, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]I think that the 3 pictures rule is not per day.
I think that a Joedios' user'd post 3 pictures in a section and only after another user's pictures, he'd post again: better if not the same object, custom, action figure, character, vehicle, diorama, playset, etc., etc.
However I look for Yours and Hammerfel's opinion on the matter.[/QUOTE]

You Are Right in all ways...JD's clock is always suspect...very innacurate! People can stretch the rule, but not take advantage....and No One Questions NJ's Mod Status without My Interference.....just how I feel....

neapolitan joe
07-31-2017, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=snakeling]I'm not upset. I think you are nervous about making a decision because other people will say you are ''taking Snakeling's side" then drama starts. While you may value my opinion or not, I do know that others here want me gone, and the sooner the better as we say here in the USA. I also said you (Neapolitan Joe) would be the last person to abuse power, that is not an insult to you, that means you would not get ''heavy handed" in your approach. Perhaps I've been impatient, sorry.

When you tell me to relax, I know you are angry with me. I'm sorry I don't speak Italian, perhaps that would clear this up. I hope the above paragraph explains this to you more clearly.[/QUOTE]

I am not nervous, I am happy.
Nobody told me nothing how I'd decide about this "3 pics rule" or about You or You to go away, absolutely.
I'd like this rule means NOT "3 pics per day", but only for "for sequence of photos".
But I repeat the problems are in the sections where someone rarely post pictures (dioramas, collections, files).
On the contrary, in the sections where it is often posted, people should not be disincentive to do so (A.R.A.H, photos, reviews). This is the (little) problem.

snakeling
07-31-2017, 03:52 PM
Ok, this matter is settled. I'm sorry I interfered. I'm sorry Neapolitan Joe and gijoeiwasthere. I will never ever question anything at JD ever again. Its not my place. I was wrong. I admit that. I'm sorry.

neapolitan joe
07-31-2017, 03:58 PM
it is a toy forum after all.
Make a smile and post Your pictures!
C'mon!

snakeling
07-31-2017, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=gijoeiwasthere]You Are Right in all ways...JD's clock is always suspect...very innacurate! People can stretch the rule, but not take advantage....and No One Questions NJ's Mod Status without My Interference.....just how I feel....[/QUOTE]

Please do quote the part where I ''questioned NJ's Mod Status" because I didn't question his status. I have the utmost respect for NJ. "JD's clock is always suspect...very innacurate!" I don't know what that means at all, the clock is suspect...?

gijoeiwasthere
07-31-2017, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=snakeling]Ok, this matter is settled. I'm sorry I interfered. I'm sorry Neapolitan Joe and gijoeiwasthere. I will never ever question anything at JD ever again. Its not my place. I was wrong. I admit that. I'm sorry.[/QUOTE]

Oh Man...not a shut down Bro, just a difference of observation and NJ got the job, and I got his back....so he didn't mention to a guy who double posted by accident, and went for 3 but posted 4...There hasn't been any over 3s since NJ has been elected...and if there was....meh....

neapolitan joe
07-31-2017, 04:38 PM
Go on Friends, let's enjoy the site and the forum.
I'm thinking about a corrective for the "ghost" section (dioramas, collections, files) like 3 pictures within 12 hours...
:eek:

gijoeiwasthere
07-31-2017, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]Go on Friends, let's enjoy the site and the forum.
I'm thinking about a corrective for the "ghost" section (dioramas, collections, files) like 3 pictures within 12 hours...
:eek:[/QUOTE]

I like it!

Dr. Phibes
07-31-2017, 05:41 PM
It may have been 3 a day at its very earliest inception 10 yrs ago but that was because a few ppl were flooding the photos. Not just 4 or 5, we're seriously talking 20+ photos.

As NJ said, if you are dying to post more than 3, please wait till other ppl post so it gets spread out. It can be hard when it's slow too. Back when, it could take days for a new photo to show up.

SIC DETH
07-31-2017, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. Phibes]It may have been 3 a day at its very earliest inception 10 yrs ago but that was because a few ppl were flooding the photos. Not just 4 or 5, we're seriously talking 20+ photos.

As NJ said, if you are dying to post more than 3, please wait till other ppl post so it gets spread out. It can be hard when it's slow too. Back when, it could take days for a new photo to show up.[/QUOTE]

I recall it being three pics a day and the reason was to keep guys from hogging up shine time.

Slipstream80
07-31-2017, 06:01 PM
Sounds good! :)

TwoOneEight
07-31-2017, 06:07 PM

[SIZE=2]Sounds good to me, NJ. I'm just grateful that people are posting again and having fun. It's so much nicer in here now. And I will be mindful about not flooding and hogging the page/site. Thank you, dude!
[/SIZE]

Dr. Phibes
07-31-2017, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=SIC DETH]I recall it being three pics a day and the reason was to keep guys from hogging up shine time.[/QUOTE]

There was a time when 10 ppl would post and it wouldn't be a problem. The only issue some ppl had was how fast their stuff could get buried (which is common on Facebook). And sure, you can set photos to like 90 images, but the jd settings tend to forget.

vespapilot79
07-31-2017, 08:26 PM
It was no more than 3 photos in a row so others can have a ashot of being on the front page.If someone else posted a few photos it was open for the posting again. This is why we need more than one mod..NJ cannot do this on his own,although capable, he is in Italy.It takes too long for responses sometimes. I dont know why it was made a big production..It looked accidental in the first place.There are bigger things to worry about and stress over. Lets focus on taking some great pics and helping each other out!!

Goldbug
07-31-2017, 09:03 PM
All over what looks like an unintentional double post? :confused:

TwoOneEight
07-31-2017, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=vespapilot79] we need more than one mod..NJ cannot do this on his own,although capable, he is in Italy.It takes too long for responses sometimes. I dont know why it was made a big production..It looked accidental in the first place.There are bigger things to worry about and stress over. Lets focus on taking some great pics and helping each other out!![/QUOTE]

[SIZE=2]vespapilot has my vote for Mod 2.[/SIZE]

Otto the Otter
07-31-2017, 10:12 PM
I could get behind a Vespa pilot as moderator. I agree with him, although Neapolitan Joe is doing a fine and fair job, it shouldn't all fall to his shoulders.
One is in Italy, the other rides Italian scooters, they're the perfect pair.

Dr. Phibes
07-31-2017, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=Goldbug]All over what looks like an unintentional double post? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Accidents happen. Sometimes, you can't tell if something uploaded or not. Hell, I did it in the dioramas section, got called on it and I deleted the post.

A 2nd mod would be good. Vespa pilot would be a good option.

neapolitan joe
08-01-2017, 08:26 AM
No problem for me!
Good news!

gijoeiwasthere
08-01-2017, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=snakeling]Please do quote the part where I ''questioned NJ's Mod Status" because I didn't question his status. I have the utmost respect for NJ. "JD's clock is always suspect...very innacurate!" I don't know what that means at all, the clock is suspect...?[/QUOTE]

"The mod doesn't seem to want to make a decision because....it might look like he is taking sides???? I'm not sure. He is the last guy I would expect to abuse his mod powers. I don't want to name names, I think we all can see for ourselves who is doing this."

the joedios clock is inaccurate internationally and sometimes domestically when showing dates and times on shots

TwoOneEight
08-01-2017, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=gijoeiwasthere]"The mod doesn't seem to want to make a decision because....it might look like he is taking sides???? I'm not sure. He is the last guy I would expect to abuse his mod powers. I don't want to name names, I think we all can see for ourselves who is doing this."

the joedios clock is inaccurate internationally and sometimes domestically when showing dates and times on shots[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=2]It works well with me. I'm in the same time zone. But I'd still give it a little leeway when someone posts 3 pics on a Monday, then after no one else posts any pics in that category, the same person posts his next 3 pics the ff Tuesday. If after 24hrs, no one else posts, on the surface it looks like the user posted 6 in a row. The bottom categories, hardly anyone posts, should the user wait until someone else posts after his initial 3 pics? How long must he wait? What if after 3 days no one else has posted? Should he wait 3 more days?

Also, that was clearly an accidental double-post. [/SIZE]

gijoeiwasthere
08-01-2017, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight][SIZE=2]It works well with me. I'm in the same time zone. But I'd still give it a little leeway when someone posts 3 pics on a Monday, then after no one else posts any pics in that category, the same person posts his next 3 pics the ff Tuesday. If after 24hrs, no one else posts, on the surface it looks like the user posted 6 in a row. The bottom categories, hardly anyone posts, should the user wait until someone else posts after his initial 3 pics? How long must he wait? What if after 3 days no one else has posted? Should he wait 3 more days?

Also, that was clearly an accidental double-post. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

yup...nothin' to question NJ in any way....

vespapilot79
08-01-2017, 01:22 PM
I agree it was blown way out of hand. I think it could have been handled a lot better if he had simply posted are you aware of the three pic rule? Instead of jumping to conclusions without asking questions first. That could have resolved the problem pretty quickly. I do like the idea if you post 3 photos wait for someone else to post a few more photos or a couple people post photos and if you want to post another couple no more than 4 I think that should be okay. If you log on often you won't have to worry about searching through a bunch of buried photos. It will also keep the site active, cuz now I have seen a lot more people posting and I think that's really awesome.

TwoOneEight
08-01-2017, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=vespapilot79]I agree it was blown way out of hand. I think it could have been handled a lot better if he had simply posted are you aware of the three pic rule? Instead of jumping to conclusions without asking questions first. That could have resolved the problem pretty quickly. I do like the idea if you post 3 photos wait for someone else to post a few more photos or a couple people post photos and if you want to post another couple no more than 4 I think that should be okay. If you log on often you won't have to worry about searching through a bunch of buried photos. It will also keep the site active, cuz now I have seen a lot more people posting and I think that's really awesome.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Olive][SIZE=2]
True, true. At this point no one is actively looking to bury other people's pics intentionally. I usually post one pic at a time, so my pics get buried all the time. But just like NJ said, "per sequence of photos".

I'm just glad a lot more people are posting again. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

gijoeiwasthere
08-01-2017, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight][COLOR=Olive][SIZE=2]
True, true. At this point no one is actively looking to bury other people's pics intentionally. I usually post one pic at a time, so my pics get buried all the time. But just like NJ said, "per sequence of photos".

I'm just glad a lot more people are posting again. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=5]
MJDGA![/SIZE]

TwoOneEight
08-01-2017, 02:36 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4296/36184620821_1faaf9aae0_q.jpg

neapolitan joe
08-01-2017, 02:57 PM
We talked about it, now post pictures!
Vespapilot79, ask to Hammerfel if You are the second moderator.
With Snakeling We all made it clear in private, no problems, no sides, etc.

vespapilot79
08-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Ill let you know what Hammerfel says.Grazie NJ.

selvaland
08-04-2017, 07:43 AM
3 pics a day is a good rule. 2? Not enough. 4? Too much, anyone could start an invasion, and we want to see different pics from different
Don't remember if I posted 3 pics per day during several days without other guys pics between. Sorry if I did, it's not a good idea.

TwoOneEight
08-04-2017, 07:49 AM
[QUOTE=selvaland]3 pics a day is a good rule. 2? Not enough. 4? Too much, anyone could start an invasion, and we want to see different pics from different
Don't remember if I posted 3 pics per day during several days without other guys pics between. Sorry if I did, it's not a good idea.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=2]I like your pictures, bro. And besides, they're well-spaced apart. Just like mine. But what if no one posts anything for a very long time? I just exercise common sense and courtesy. I checked mine. The first one was Aug 2. Then two on Aug 3, and one today. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

selvaland
08-04-2017, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=2]I like your pictures, bro. And besides, they're well-spaced apart. Just like mine. But what if no one posts anything for a very long time? I just exercise common sense and courtesy. I checked mine. The first one was Aug 2. Then two on Aug 3, and one today. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Thanks Arnold! I like your pictures too : always telling a story and showing great props!
Yes a problem can come when no one posts anything, but I guess it won't happen again :D
Common sense and courtesy, as you say, are good rules too!

Hammerfel
08-04-2017, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]I think that the 3 pictures rule is not per day.
I think that a Joedios' user'd post 3 pictures in a section and only after another user's pictures, he'd post again: better if not the same object, custom, action figure, character, vehicle, diorama, playset, etc., etc. [/QUOTE]

This is correct. It is 3 pictures in a row. If no one posts for the rest of the day, I think it's fine for you to post 3 more the next day, though I doubt this will happen often for the Dios, Photos and ARAH sections.

In Reviews, Collections and Files it's fine to post more than 3 at once, just please don't abuse. The Collection section used to get 20+ shots of a Snake Eyes figure from every angle. :)

Dr. Phibes
08-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Sveland, the main reason for 3 was... uh... well, under the main menu (depending on how you have this place bookmarked, each section showcases the latest 3 images). So when you opened up Photos, you'd get just the 3 from the same person. Cuz in the past, we ran into problems with people posting 20+ photos (and usually it was the same shot, just different angles). But 3 seems to be a really nice number.

I like the term "abused". It really did feel like some people did abuse it. Sure, I understand so-and-so did a photoshoot and have like 50 'awesome' pics and are way excited to post them to show the world, but man, it's ok to post just a few to tease so people want more. lol

Thank you Nate for piping in. I already bugged NeoJoe about the FILES section cuz I didn't want to post a bunch and step on toes. Unfortunately, looks like it's just me in there these days.

gijoeiwasthere
08-05-2017, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=Dr. Phibes]Sveland, the main reason for 3 was... uh... well, under the main menu (depending on how you have this place bookmarked, each section showcases the latest 3 images). So when you opened up Photos, you'd get just the 3 from the same person. Cuz in the past, we ran into problems with people posting 20+ photos (and usually it was the same shot, just different angles). But 3 seems to be a really nice number.

I like the term "abused". It really did feel like some people did abuse it. Sure, I understand so-and-so did a photoshoot and have like 50 'awesome' pics and are way excited to post them to show the world, but man, it's ok to post just a few to tease so people want more. lol

Thank you Nate for piping in. I already bugged NeoJoe about the FILES section cuz I didn't want to post a bunch and step on toes. Unfortunately, looks like it's just me in there these days.[/QUOTE]

Firm believer in off site hosting for pics in a series...Love Stacking 'em that way and hosted pics are bigger and bolder than the JD originally posted pic. Like to do the build up "tease" series too

Dr. Phibes
08-05-2017, 02:12 PM
As you have seen, some people work their pics over. Others upload directly from their camera. And at times, when people have done this, you get doubles and triples of their shots. Lol. At least they meant well.

gijoeiwasthere
08-05-2017, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. Phibes]As you have seen, some people work their pics over. Others upload directly from their camera. And at times, when people have done this, you get doubles and triples of their shots. Lol. At least they meant well.[/QUOTE]

nothing to disparage, as you know I have vehemently pointed out.....
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." .Captain Woodrow Call