PDA

View Full Version : Most Expensive Joe Purchase

Slipstream80
07-21-2017, 06:33 PM
So, I just purchased a complete Terror Drome today for a whole lot of money. It was the single most expensive Joe item I have ever purchased. It got me wondering what everyone's most expensive Joe purchase was.

Dr. Phibes
07-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Probably a club figure for around $80 on bbts or something. Now my Kamen rider figures, uh... I usually tried to keep a maximum. $125?

Now, the amount I felt I wasted on crappy figures and vehicles is another matter. Lol

Crimson Pilot
07-22-2017, 08:18 AM
Probably 80 for a near mint Night Raven. I am pretty frugal for the most part. I am also very select in what I collect too though. Since I collect HACKS and 1/18 WW2, the budget gets pretty thin quick.

neapolitan joe
07-22-2017, 09:18 AM
The Flagg from the U.S.A., I do not want to remember how much I paid for the shipping cost...

gijoeiwasthere
07-22-2017, 03:03 PM
$50 for a Rolling Thunder...Then $50 for a sealed R.O.C.C....and the big one....$100 for the sdcc Transformer rattler and dtc. HISS set.....

gijoeiwasthere
07-22-2017, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Slipstream80]So, I just purchased a complete Terror Drome today for a whole lot of money. It was the single most expensive Joe item I have ever purchased. It got me wondering what everyone's most expensive Joe purchase was.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! You Must Be Thrilled!

Slipstream80
07-22-2017, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=gijoeiwasthere]Congratulations! You Must Be Thrilled![/QUOTE]
I really am. I got a couple Tele-Vipers and Flak Vipers too. I am eager for it to arrive so I can start getting some photos. :)

tycondrius23
07-23-2017, 10:23 AM
most expensive single figure was prob $150 for one of the cancelled prototype figures like the Alpine that was meant to be a mech driver. ,I resold most but have a few left .vehicle wise defo the Tdrome.

Dr. Phibes
07-23-2017, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=gijoeiwasthere]Then $50 for a sealed R.O.C.C....[/QUOTE]

I don't remember how much the ROCC was MSRP. I think it was offered at different price points cuz it was released a few times? $50 is pretty good for it.

So check this out. The trailer is supposed to be a command center with airplane vertical launch pad thingy, right? If you look closely, when you open up the center, there are wheel tracks on the back of the trailer. You can actually dislodge the airplane launcher (which I think you're supposed to do, but Hasbro never revealed that lil tidbit) to be away from the command center. (cuz in theory, the blast from the plane would fry everyone in the command center, right?) Thing is, the launcher section doesn't stand on it's own very well. I think if you do it on a hard flat surface (like a desk or table), it might stand on it's own if you arrange the doors right.

vespapilot79
07-23-2017, 09:28 PM
I think my Oktober Guard set was my pricest..I think i paid close to 400 for it after shipping.

gijoeiwasthere
07-24-2017, 03:45 AM
[QUOTE=Dr. Phibes]I don't remember how much the ROCC was MSRP. I think it was offered at different price points cuz it was released a few times? $50 is pretty good for it.

So check this out. The trailer is supposed to be a command center with airplane vertical launch pad thingy, right? If you look closely, when you open up the center, there are wheel tracks on the back of the trailer. You can actually dislodge the airplane launcher (which I think you're supposed to do, but Hasbro never revealed that lil tidbit) to be away from the command center. (cuz in theory, the blast from the plane would fry everyone in the command center, right?) Thing is, the launcher section doesn't stand on it's own very well. I think if you do it on a hard flat surface (like a desk or table), it might stand on it's own if you arrange the doors right.[/QUOTE]

Cool! I'll check that out! YoJoe's bst has been good to me....

silentdusty
07-25-2017, 07:00 AM
Mine was $75 for the FSS Bombstrike

RavensReturn
07-25-2017, 08:51 AM
SDCC Sgt SLaughter that Kevin got for me years ago...FSS Cesspool was luckily rather cheaper as someone didn't know what they had on eBay and listed him far under market value