PDA

View Full Version : Awards?

ender098
01-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I was looking at JoeCustoms the other day and I noticed they had yearly awards. Who thinks it would be a good idea here? The more I thought about it, the more I realized it would be a ROYAL Pain in the Ass to set up and work through, but what do you think?

We could have Catagories like :

Funniest Picture
Best outdoor shot
best homemade set shot
best night shot
best "Show of Force" shot
Most disturbing shot
Most Controversial shot
Best underwater shot (or Desert, Winter, Jungle, Swamp,etc)
Best Target Range shot

best Overall Dio
Best short Dio (8 Pages or less)
Best Dio (Chapters)
best Sigma Six dio

Best review
Best How to

It would be hard firguring out how to deterimine catagories and what fits in what. And how would we vote? (you don't want a bunch of lurker/trolls coming in and hating on voting day!!) How could you be nominated, etc! And maybe have a "hall of fame" page here wih the winners!

It would take a lot of work, but who thinks it's a good idea?

Outrider
01-25-2007, 11:37 AM
It could be a heap of fun, but you're right on one point Frank; it would be a pain to organise. Perhaps people could nominate/vote by p.m. to the collator. At least that way there would be no multiple voting or hate campaign.

LordRaven
01-25-2007, 11:59 AM
I agree, I love this idea, but it'd be an organizational nightmare.

Ranger_22
01-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Yeah thats cool!

ender098
01-25-2007, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]It could be a heap of fun, but you're right on one point Frank; it would be a pain to organise. Perhaps people could nominate/vote by p.m. to the collator. At least that way there would be no multiple voting or hate campaign.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Make a "sticky" thread that has the catagories. Make it so it takes 3 nominations from different members to qualify. Once the pic is "qualified" it's link gets posted under that catagory. At the end of the year, we email out the poll and members vote.

I think there should be no restrictions on member ship as far as pictures are concerned. Anyone's pic can be nominated, no matter how long a member. But I think that in order to vote, we need some criteria (ie: member 3 months minimum, post at least 8 pics, something....This may need discussion) we want it to be fair, but I don't wanna see someone post their pic a month before the awards, then 100 of their friends join THAT DAY and nominate and vote them the winner, not to be heard from again until 1 month before the next years awards!

And ideas on voter Criteria?

ie:
have to me a member at least ____ long.
Have to have at least ______pics/dios/reviews/how-to's posted.
Must have at least _____posts.

Any ideas?