PDA

View Full Version : 25th and beyond...Joint Stiffness

gijoeiwasthere
01-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Anyone Else Noticing Ankles and Arm Joints Getting so Stiff that they Feel Like They May Break? My Cobra Air Troopers ankles were Awful this Weekend...As Well as my HOH Vipers Elbows were so stiff the Arms Popped outta' the Fore Arm when trying to use Elbow Articulation....
Hope this is not the trend Goin' Forward.....

TwoOneEight
01-03-2015, 01:18 AM
Use a hair dryer, lo-heat for a few seconds to loosen them up. Lately a LOT of the figures I have bought have stiff joints and I've put the hair dryer to them.

Lava Boss
01-03-2015, 05:48 PM
I don't have that many, but it's the hips seem to get loose on some figures, because there's no o-ring tension to counter that.

Hit&Run
01-03-2015, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=gijoeiwasthere]Anyone Else Noticing Ankles and Arm Joints Getting so Stiff that they Feel Like They May Break? My Cobra Air Troopers ankles were Awful this Weekend...As Well as my HOH Vipers Elbows were so stiff the Arms Popped outta' the Fore Arm when trying to use Elbow Articulation....
Hope this is not the trend Goin' Forward.....[/QUOTE]

I have been noticing just the opposite, the ones I have on display are all doing the "lean" one way or the other. Weapons are starting to slip...I am not and will never be a fan of all this articulation!

gijoeiwasthere
01-04-2015, 07:06 AM
I believe ToyBiz Is to Blame!
It looks like Hasbro borrowed a lot from the Super Hero Showdown Line.

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy201/gijoeiwasthere/tbpunisher_zps9bb34c1f.jpg (http://s792.photobucket.com/user/gijoeiwasthere/media/tbpunisher_zps9bb34c1f.jpg.html)

gijoeiwasthere
01-05-2015, 05:24 AM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight]Use a hair dryer, lo-heat for a few seconds to loosen them up. Lately a LOT of the figures I have bought have stiff joints and I've put the hair dryer to them.[/QUOTE]

We don't have a hair dryer (damn hippies) so I tried running them under Hot Water....It Worked, as they say, like a charm. Thanks for the tip!

TwoOneEight
01-09-2015, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=gijoeiwasthere]We don't have a hair dryer (damn hippies) so I tried running them under Hot Water....It Worked, as they say, like a charm. Thanks for the tip![/QUOTE]

No problem, homely! Glad to help. :D