PDA

View Full Version : The JoeDios Photo Contest

gijoeiwasthere
11-22-2014, 09:13 AM
Greetings JoeDios Members and Guests!

A Simple little contest to Drum Up some Activity and Fun!

So Simple that all one must do is Post your shots (as per the norm) in the Appropriate Category to be Entered to Win!

G.I. Joe community Mainstay and JoeDios Favorite, Neapolitan Joe is Kind Enough to Accept the Ultimate Responsibility of Judging for Nov/Dec (so be nice to him)!

On or Near Jan 1st (whenever he can get to it) NJ Will Choose the Winning Shot!
At That Time, the Taker of Said Shot, Will Be the Proud Owner of A Spanky New
G.I. Joe Retaliation Ghost Hawk II (as pictured below)

And Please.... Don't be Afraid of Hitting that Donate Button as JoeDios is
a big part of the Joe Community and is COMMERCIAL FREE)

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy201/gijoeiwasthere/contest1words_zps40af0d0d.jpg (http://s792.photobucket.com/user/gijoeiwasthere/media/contest1words_zps40af0d0d.jpg.html)

disclaimer:
-International shipping only in accordance with said country's laws
-My, Nj's and any and all JoeDios Staff are all welcome to submit photos
-If it all falls apart for whatever reason.....Oh Well....but it won't

neapolitan joe
11-22-2014, 12:30 PM
A great honor, I'm ready!

:)

Vulcan
11-22-2014, 07:08 PM
Just any pictures in the right category? That's a pretty wide spread, are there any specifications or themes to narrow the focus? Or is it fully "anything goes?"

Nekoman
11-22-2014, 10:21 PM
This is a nice way to bring some good spirit to a website that's been kinda dead IMO. Great idea and count me in!

gijoeiwasthere
11-23-2014, 02:40 AM
[QUOTE=Vulcan]Just any pictures in the right category? That's a pretty wide spread, are there any specifications or themes to narrow the focus? Or is it fully "anything goes?"[/QUOTE]
I figured an all inclusive, broad stroke Contest would be a good way to start.
And we have the perfect Judge for that!

selvaland
11-27-2014, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=Nekoman]This is a nice way to bring some good spirit to a website that's been kinda dead IMO. Great idea and count me in![/QUOTE]

Is it me, or is there few comments and few posts these days? :( I mean less than there use to be (is it an english sentence, guys? :D )

Just let me know your feelings about that.

gijoeiwasthere
11-27-2014, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=selvaland]Is it me, or is there few comments and few posts these days? :( I mean less than there use to be (is it an english sentence, guys? :D )

Just let me know your feelings about that.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's the Holidays here in the U.S.......
I'm gonna go do some shots right now!
Everyone should!...who doesn't want a Ret. Ghost Hawk II (well me I guess, but I've way to many already)
....you're sentence structure is great! but, the phrase is used to be. Hell, close enough for the JoeDios forum!

selvaland
11-28-2014, 06:22 AM
[QUOTE=gijoeiwasthere]Maybe it's the Holidays here in the U.S.......
I'm gonna go do some shots right now!
Everyone should!...who doesn't want a Ret. Ghost Hawk II (well me I guess, but I've way to many already)
....you're sentence structure is great! but, the phrase is used to be. Hell, close enough for the JoeDios forum![/QUOTE]

I asked myself : is it use or used? Now I have the answer! :)

There's another question about this site being dead or so called dead.
Do you guys post on other sites? And which ones?
I post on a french website called cobraisland.
There's one more question : what about non GI JOES figures posts? I do a lot myself, and I am glad we can post all kinf figs brands here, but may be some guys think it's a little bit too much...

Wow my brain is burning, too much thinking and questions :D :D :D

gijoeiwasthere
11-28-2014, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=selvaland]I asked myself : is it use or used? Now I have the answer! :)

There's one more question : what about non GI JOES figures posts? I do a lot myself, and I am glad we can post all kinf figs brands here, but may be some guys think it's a little bit too much...

Wow my brain is burning, too much thinking and questions :D :D :D[/QUOTE]

I'm only on YoeJoe and Lurk on Joe Customs, HISS Tank Etc....
If anyone wants to start a thread or Link to the JoeDios Photo Contest on other Sites
Please Do! As I feel bad about signing up for other Sites to Promote this one.....

Post Away! is how I feel!

TwoOneEight
12-03-2014, 02:24 AM

I also post on DioWarriors (http://www.diowarriors.com/landingPage.aspx) . And also OG13 (https://www.og13.com/lounge/) But most of the guys have moved over to the various groups on FB. And there's a LOT of them. I just keep it simple, I am interested in mostly Photography so I take a careful look at the groups I get invited into. There's a lot of B/S/T groups there (buy/sell/trade) and they are the groups with the most drama. I was given the understanding that this site was Joes only so I post the rest of my stuff at DioWarriors.

Nekoman
12-03-2014, 09:44 PM

The only other site I post pics on is Flickr.

As for the site being dead, I think GI Joe's lack of presence plays a big part in it. Though, it's worth mentioning pretty much all of this site's older members have left it for one reason or another. I might start posting some again.

snipesfg17
12-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Great contest idea. Thanks for setting it up.

elmobfaelnar15
12-16-2014, 03:26 PM
cool idea. ill be posting. quick question (since it was already asked but no answer)...can we submit non joe figs?i usually submit at hisstank and flicker but lately im a bit busy finishing up (and practicing) custom figures, ill try to post more outdoor dio shots this month

gijoeiwasthere
12-16-2014, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=elmobfaelnar15]cool idea. ill be posting. quick question (since it was already asked but no answer)...can we submit non joe figs?i usually submit at hisstank and flicker but lately im a bit busy finishing up (and practicing) custom figures, ill try to post more outdoor dio shots this month[/QUOTE]

Anything Posted on JoeDois is Entered! Please Post Your Pics! We'd all love to see them and Good Luck!
I'm Sorry for any Confusion....Post your Pics! Neapolitan Joe is Gratefully the Judge!
It's Open to Any Shots! I Hope to Make It A Monthly (Or Better) Contest!
and Hopefully a Fundraiser for JoeDios!

neapolitan joe
12-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Let partecipate, Bros.!

gijoeiwasthere
12-28-2014, 06:51 AM
Hey All!
We're Comin' In On It
Post 'Em If You Got 'Em!

gijoeiwasthere
01-01-2015, 08:32 AM
And the Winner Is......