PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Add camera settings fields to Photos section posts

lardman
08-12-2014, 02:34 AM
Just a random thought while browsing the photos section - I often wonder what type of camera has been used to take a photo and more importantly what shutter speed and aperture were used.

This is something I've seen on other photography sites while browsing, so I can't claim credit for the brainwave ;).

Would this be of interest to people? I guess it might well be as I assume everyone wants to learn and improve their photos.

All of this data could be extracted from the photo EXIF data automatically (for those who leave the data intact - it looks like some people strip the data out, or perhaps their image manipulation programs do) and presented without any extra effort from the uploader.

Might also be worth adding a field for "image manipulation" to mention what sort of photoshopping has been performed, etc.

Any thoughts?

TwoOneEight
08-25-2014, 01:13 AM
[QUOTE=lardman]Just a random thought while browsing the photos section - I often wonder what type of camera has been used to take a photo and more importantly what shutter speed and aperture were used.

This is something I've seen on other photography sites while browsing, so I can't claim credit for the brainwave ;).

Would this be of interest to people? I guess it might well be as I assume everyone wants to learn and improve their photos.

All of this data could be extracted from the photo EXIF data automatically (for those who leave the data intact - it looks like some people strip the data out, or perhaps their image manipulation programs do) and presented without any extra effort from the uploader.

Might also be worth adding a field for "image manipulation" to mention what sort of photoshopping has been performed, etc.

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Sounds good!