PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get any of the SDCC exclusives?

Reverend Blood
07-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Just wondering. All I was able to get was the super helicarrier, and it's also the only thing still available on HTS

Renegade
07-18-2012, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=Reverend Blood]Just wondering. All I was able to get was the super helicarrier, and it's also the only thing still available on HTS[/QUOTE]

No, and like a fool I'd been stalking since Monday the HTS site every hour from 8 am until night - just waiting for anything. So the figs were online at 12:08, and it shortly disappears. What a waste. This hobby shouldn't be so much hassle. Hasbro is making it really easy to dislike their practices. From poor Dollar Store distribution, to rare, overpriced figures, and pushed back lines with no alternatives in sight. Just terribly run.

Reverend Blood
07-18-2012, 01:36 PM
This is a direct quote from a guy over on hisstank, but it seriously sums up this entire year in collecting. I know it's not entirely Hasbro's fault the movie was pushed back, but that doesn't make the statement any less true.

In this past year Hasbro has made 30 plus exclusive figures and less than 20 figures for the general public. I am not sure I want to be paying 20-40-75 a figure for 30 figures a year. I did it last year but I am not so sure I care in 2012 for a $40 plus figure and shame on the world making the line so impossible to collect.

Nekoman
07-18-2012, 01:52 PM
I've been watching since Monday as well and got screwed here too. I was on when they came up, but I couldn't get the site to load to order them. :( I think they were available for five minutes at most.

The only thing I really wanted was a white Jinx, truth be told I think the red one looks like crap. But this was ridiculous. I thought the red Jinx didn't even sell out at the con, how could she go THAT quick?

This crap isn't worth so much trouble.

sithviper
07-18-2012, 02:21 PM
I missed out too my, fraking internet connection fraked me over again :mad:
Oh well :rolleyes:

Lava Boss
07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Like everything, they are gonna push everyone but the diehards out. This all started with Crimson Strike Force back in 2002 and has gotten worse.

I'm glad I don't collect modern. I only ever wanted to collect toys, not collectibles of artificially induced rarity.

Scarrviper
07-18-2012, 02:37 PM
I managed to get a Derpy. She was only up for about 10 minutes. I feel bad for those that missed the jinxes, they do look nice, but I don't collect modern style and I'm glad I don't considering how much of a fiasco it has become.

Renegade
07-18-2012, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Scarrviper]I managed to get a Derpy. She was only up for about 10 minutes. I feel bad for those that missed the jinxes, they do look nice, but I don't collect modern style and I'm glad I don't considering how much of a fiasco it has become.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Well the best consolation in this case with the Jinx figures is that next year they will be out with better gear. The End. I'd rather brush up on my paint skills than pay double-triple the price of a regular figure.

Reverend Blood
07-18-2012, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=Renegade]LOL. Well the best consolation in this case with the Jinx figures is that next year they will be out with better gear. The End. I'd rather brush up on my paint skills than pay double-triple the price of a regular figure.[/QUOTE]

What's sad is I was thinking the same thing. I really only wanted the head from the variant. But I was trying for both because I like Jinx. Oh well, a red paint pen over the yellow spots on the retaliation version will make a nice jinx

Renegade
07-18-2012, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=Reverend Blood]What's sad is I was thinking the same thing. I really only wanted the head from the variant. But I was trying for both because I like Jinx. Oh well, a red paint pen over the yellow spots on the retaliation version will make a nice jinx[/QUOTE]

I hear you, I wanted the variant head too. The upcoming movie Lady Jaye fig might prove to be a replacement head if you wanted it. They actually both have their hair parted the same and could double for another with the right paint. It was my back up plan since I don't see the Lady Jaye in the movie (however pretty she is) as Lady Jaye. She isn't very asian looking however, so I don't know, maybe still worth a shot.

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attach/4/2/0/1/1/GI-Joe-Retaliation-Lady-Jaye_1328999717.jpg

figureware
07-18-2012, 07:42 PM
All I wanted was White Jinx...I may get her from my brother. if not either 60 dollar action figure or I buy a casted head! thats it! I have not really been too impressed with the exclusives. I liked the dreadnoks Loved Zarana thought the Oktober Guard looked like crap and Im going to do customs of them! ah well another Con...another con!

troopsofdoom
07-19-2012, 09:36 AM
In this past year Hasbro has made 30 plus exclusive figures and less than 20 figures for the general public. I am not sure I want to be paying 20-40-75 a figure for 30 figures a year. I did it last year but I am not so sure I care in 2012 for a $40 plus figure and shame on the world making the line so impossible to collect.
That's crazy. With all the exclusives and boxsets it's getting to the point where you have to be rich to collect GI Joe.

Reverend Blood
07-19-2012, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=troopsofdoom]That's crazy. With all the exclusives and boxsets it's getting to the point where you have to be rich to collect GI Joe.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that, brother... And rich I'm not. I lucked out and searched ebay every day for 3 months until I found a Zarana that I only got for the price I got it for because the girl on ebay was breaking up with her boyfriend (I'm not proud of it, but I got Zarana.). I only have Darklon because Werecat over on joesightings had one and offered it to me for a fraction of the ebay cost. And I saved for a couple of months to set aside for SDCC exclusives on HTS, and when the Jinx and HISS were magically "sold out" out of my cart on the last page of the checkout, I used what I had set aside to get the helicarrier. And the only reason I was able to set aside the money I did is because Hasbro hasn't released anything other than retaliation wave 1 this year. ugh. /endrant

turner
07-19-2012, 06:46 PM
I was off work so I was pretty much watching out for the stuff on hts. I think I was in the shower for the 2 and a half minutes they were available on Wednesday. And then missed the 10 minutes or so they were available on Thursday. Crazy. But some people took off work Monday and Tuesday in hopes of getting them. I still want a white jinx.

Reverend Blood
07-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Well, I've been trying to post this in the collections section from my PC, my phone, and my wife's iPad, and keep getting an internal server error... So I'm just going to assume that uploads are messed up and post this here.
The super helicarrier arrived yesterday!
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr251/preacher1311/IMAG1175.jpg