PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Retaliation in 2013!

M1General
05-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Paramount has pushed back GI Joe Retaliation for March 2013 release. :mad:
Keep those toys around, if you have them already.

/edit - pinned to the News section for the front page. - Hammerfel

neapolitan joe
05-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Can You explain me, I did not understand...

Renegade
05-23-2012, 03:02 PM
this is stupid. on paramount's part it's lame, and for hasbro it is not good. I will block out this movie until it's time to come back to the theatre, but my disgust is now the situation figure wise with hasbro and what will happen.

are we just going to be getting movie figures for a year before the movie? so what are you going to sell during the movie? we missed out on more POC for this? and finally, does this mean that we will get nothing, or at least hastily put together figures from hasbro that will be kit bashed in replacement? I come back to collecting and it looks like the higher ups don't have their game together, what a waste

Renegade
05-23-2012, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]Can You explain me, I did not understand...[/QUOTE]

Paramount, who made the GI Joe movie, has just said (one month before the movie is supposed to come out) that it will instead be out NEXT YEAR, complete with "3-D" fx for everyone. it's ridiculous on many levels

why didn't they just film it in 3D in the first place if it's such a big deal? are they worried that because Battleship tanked, GI Joe will fail too? Avengers have them scared? Is the movie just really bad? All together this is not good

neapolitan joe
05-23-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm disgusted.
Highly disgusted!
Fuck Paramount.

tycondrius23
05-23-2012, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=Renegade]Paramount, who made the GI Joe movie, has just said (one month before the movie is supposed to come out) that it will instead be out NEXT YEAR, complete with "3-D" fx for everyone. it's ridiculous on many levels

why didn't they just film it in 3D in the first place if it's such a big deal? are they worried that because Battleship tanked, GI Joe will fail too? Avengers have them scared? Is the movie just really bad? All together this is not good[/QUOTE]

actually from the info on the tank Cho said he would direct it in 3d but parablo said they didn't have the budget !! so this all smells like a big old pile of BS to me

neapolitan joe
05-23-2012, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=tycondrius23]actually from the info on the tank Cho said he would direct it in 3d but parablo said they didn't have the budget !! so this all smells like a big old pile of BS to me[/QUOTE]

A joke!? Maybe?

Rick
05-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh man, you poor JOE fans. It's all about the Hype and maybe just maybe a couple more cool figs get added to the line.

Renegade
05-23-2012, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=tycondrius23]actually from the info on the tank Cho said he would direct it in 3d but parablo said they didn't have the budget !! so this all smells like a big old pile of BS to me[/QUOTE]

just

horrible

Renegade
05-23-2012, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE=Rick]Oh man, you poor JOE fans. It's all about the Hype and maybe just maybe a couple more cool figs get added to the line.[/QUOTE]

Joe fans get no respect, I tells ya!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/RodneyDangerfield1978.jpg/220px-RodneyDangerfield1978.jpg

M1General
05-23-2012, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]A joke!? Maybe?[/QUOTE]
I think Renegade's right, since Battleshit...I mean Battleship was beat by the Avengers, Paramount got scared. Maybe Hasbro (lawyers) can do something about it.

neapolitan joe
05-23-2012, 09:44 PM
We are not puppets.

neapolitan joe
05-23-2012, 10:07 PM
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-paramount-from-delaying-and-converting-g-i-joe-re.html

TwoOneEight
05-24-2012, 02:36 AM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-paramount-from-delaying-and-converting-g-i-joe-re.html[/QUOTE]

Also please click the link to this page and click LIKE. Let's raise awareness and tell everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/MessageToHasbroStopTheMadnessWithGiJoe

Black Knight
05-24-2012, 08:34 AM
This is seriously a load of crap. Its almost like Hasbro is TRYING to kill the GI Joe franchise... first crappy movie toys with reduced articulation and now this. If this is the case and the movie is truly delayed, then you can bet your buck I will not pay to see it in 3D. In fact, I might just give up on GI Joe all together.

troopsofdoom
05-24-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm going to watch another episode of Strike Back now.

Renegade
05-24-2012, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-paramount-from-delaying-and-converting-g-i-joe-re.html[/QUOTE]

I signed it, I'm number 100.

I read on the hisstank board someone make a good point, that hasbro is making more money LICENSING their brands to other companies, from movies, shows, videos games, dvds, cartoons, etc than just toys. and if this is what makes paramount happy, then I don't think hasbro is worried about hurting their own toy money the most. it could be ... no respect, I tells ya

roguetiger
05-24-2012, 12:43 PM
It was mentioned that they will also shoot some more scenes that look a LOT better with the 3-D.. Also mentioned was that they want to shoot a few more scenes with Tatum so he does not appear to be dead........who knows if this means in a hospital in a coma or what though.......
Also the Rock is behind this so if he's behind it, it can't be all that bad...

Night Fox
05-24-2012, 04:47 PM
I cannot trust anything the staff from the film say now. All that promotion and enthusiasm for nothing, or maybe for a movie that may actually sucks. I'll have to see FIRST to believe in ANYTHING at this point. 9 + months of distrust for me...

Lava Boss
05-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Really gotta wonder what's gonna happen with the movie toys. Seems like there's be too much in the pipeline to send back. If that's even feasible. So what's it gonna be? The stuff sits in the back rooms of retailers waiting for a new street date in 2013? I doubt they go for that. The stuff mostly hangs around for months and hits clearance? The toys become scalper bait because Hasbro may not ship anymore than what the stores have already gotten?

snipesfg17
05-24-2012, 07:33 PM
I am super disappointed. This will likely not mean anything good for the models line. Why does Hasbro insist on releasing the best figs in the last waves? I bet we never see the new CG or Night Viper.

Tracker
05-24-2012, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=snipesfg17]I bet we never see the new CG or Night Viper.[/QUOTE]

i bet there'll show up in the DG Joes

M1General
05-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Hasbro’s Official Statement on Gi:Joe Retaliation Product

As anyone with an internet connection knows by now, earlier this week Paramount made the decision to push the new “GI Joe: Retaliation” movie originally scheduled to be released at the end of June, out 9 months to March 2013. The reason given was that they wanted to take the time and do a 3-D conversion to the film.

We knew that 11th hour decision was going to have a impact on Hasbro and their GI Joe movie product that had just started hitting stores the previous week. We reached out to Hasbro for a statement on how they were going to handle having to slip a years worth of product in light of the first wave already making it’s way through the retail system. This morning we received their official response:

“G.I. Joe is an ongoing consumer franchise and therefore there is merchandise available to consumers. There is a limited amount of G.I. Joe Retaliation product at retail now, but in light of the movie moving out to March 29, 2013, the majority of the movie line will be made available early next year in time for the film’s release.” :confused: From Action Figure Insider.

neapolitan joe
05-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Vaffanculo Hasbro and Paramount.

Reverend Blood
05-25-2012, 01:07 PM
TEH DETH OF TEH LIENZ!!!1!!!111

sorry, it slipped, i swear.

neapolitan joe
05-25-2012, 03:26 PM
G.I.JOEs never give up.

Renegade
05-25-2012, 04:16 PM
we're always there!

neapolitan joe
05-25-2012, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=Renegade]we're always there![/QUOTE]

;)

Renegade
05-25-2012, 04:49 PM
:cool:

so official word from hasbro is more or less "we know we have some of the movie figures already out, but the rest will wait for a release until next year."

so, who knows? maybe we haven't heard from hasbro on what their fall back plan will be because they don't know their damn selves

Marty
05-25-2012, 05:28 PM

Signed. I don't think it will make a difference, but we have to try.

ThinkTank
05-25-2012, 05:43 PM
The movie figures I saw today at TRU were total pieces of crap. The vehicles were crap. The vehicle drivers were especially crappy, like star wars figures from 1979 articulation wise. I DID like the night ops Roadblock, but he was in a 3 pack with two turds. If the rest of the movie line is not any better, they can keep them. I hate to be negative about my favorite toys, but they had ZERO appeal to me. I wanted to spend about $50, and ended up looking at LEGOS instead. I walked out of the store without buying anything. I went to Wal Mart and Target, which both had nothing out. I hit 2 Dollar General stores and found nothing. I guess I should be glad I already have hundreds of figures so that I have something to play with until the next good figures come out.

Lava Boss
05-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Variety magazine is reporting that Hasbro wants retailers to not put out the toys and even send them back!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054684

Black Knight
05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
I talked to a Hasbro Rep here in Knoxville, and she said they received a "memo" from higher up the chain to pull all the GI Joe toys and send them back.

Is it me or is that completely opposite of what Hasbro said in the press release?

Either way, I got a Roadblock and Storm Shadow... As soon as I find a CC I'll be done with the movie line.

neapolitan joe
06-01-2012, 06:53 AM
Magic Mike by Steven Soderbergh: june 29 2012.

zedhatch
06-01-2012, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=Black Knight]I talked to a Hasbro Rep here in Knoxville, and she said they received a "memo" from higher up the chain to pull all the GI Joe toys and send them back.

Is it me or is that completely opposite of what Hasbro said in the press release?

Either way, I got a Roadblock and Storm Shadow... As soon as I find a CC I'll be done with the movie line.[/QUOTE]

Opposite of what my buddy who is a manager at a WM told me as well, he never saw any type of memo or heard anything about a recall. Then again SUPPOSIDLY reps aren't even sure about anything (at least that is what the appologists say when they confirm something they don't want to hear) so who knows.

elmobfaelnar15
06-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Dammit!!!!
BBTS already moved my wave 2 and 3 pre-order from june to march 2013.guess i have to bite the bullet and buy the wave 1 case (9 figs) eventhoug i just want the troopers, ninja and zartan.
Dammit :mad:

hey guys...do you know any stores here in melbourne that sells joes?im currently buying via BBTS.i already scouted target, kmart and TRU and i cant find any joes here.

Night Fox
06-03-2012, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=elmobfaelnar15]Dammit!!!!
BBTS already moved my wave 2 and 3 pre-order from june to march 2013.guess i have to bite the bullet and buy the wave 1 case (9 figs) eventhoug i just want the troopers, ninja and zartan.
Dammit :mad:

hey guys...do you know any stores here in melbourne that sells joes?im currently buying via BBTS.i already scouted target, kmart and TRU and i cant find any joes here.[/QUOTE]

I had the same "problem" with BBTS and they are my main source too. :mad: Well, I'm not going to pay that price for a case with so much figures I have zero interest in. I've ordered just one joe trooper from eBay and will wait for the preorders untill 2013...Unfortunately those items will not show up at stores here in Brazil before the movie date, which now I have no idea when will be... :(

elmobfaelnar15
06-04-2012, 03:36 AM
[QUOTE=Night Fox]I had the same "problem" with BBTS and they are my main source too. :mad: Well, I'm not going to pay that price for a case with so much figures I have zero interest in. I've ordered just one joe trooper from eBay and will wait for the preorders untill 2013...Unfortunately those items will not show up at stores here in Brazil before the movie date, which now I have no idea when will be... :([/QUOTE]

you're probably right since i already have the 3 pack retaliation set.i dont want to stock-up on another duke, snake-eyes and storm shadow and i specially hate that "chocolate bar" roadblock :mad: (such a waste of potential) . i might go to ebay for the joe trooper / red ninja. where did you buy yours? viperskingdom? do you have any recommendation?

Night Fox
06-04-2012, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=elmobfaelnar15]you're probably right since i already have the 3 pack retaliation set.i dont want to stock-up on another duke, snake-eyes and storm shadow and i specially hate that "chocolate bar" roadblock :mad: (such a waste of potential) . i might go to ebay for the joe trooper / red ninja. where did you buy yours? viperskingdom? do you have any recommendation?[/QUOTE]

Got my trooper from commander nate, he's a nice seller and I have negotiated with him before. He had two of the troopers last thursday(05/31 - when I ordered my figure). Already shipped. Don't know if the other one is still in stock, but I've seen plenty of them from other sellers. Mine will be the tan cloak variation. The price is steep, not less than 25.00 per figure, that's why I ordered just one, only to satisfy my desire for this figure and not having to wait till 2013.
I got one of the 3 packs too(that with Beachhead) from BBTS and it's on the way. I don't care much about the ninja one, which I'll wait for 2013 to get with all that postponed preorders.

elmobfaelnar15
06-04-2012, 09:24 PM
[QUOTE=Night Fox]Got my trooper from commander nate, he's a nice seller and I have negotiated with him before. He had two of the troopers last thursday(05/31 - when I ordered my figure). Already shipped. Don't know if the other one is still in stock, but I've seen plenty of them from other sellers. Mine will be the tan cloak variation. The price is steep, not less than 25.00 per figure, that's why I ordered just one, only to satisfy my desire for this figure and not having to wait till 2013.
I got one of the 3 packs too(that with Beachhead) from BBTS and it's on the way. I don't care much about the ninja one, which I'll wait for 2013 to get with all that postponed preorders.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.I'll look him up on ebay

Django
06-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Ran all around looking for a zartan today,strange..

elmobfaelnar15
06-11-2012, 05:52 AM
[QUOTE=Night Fox]Got my trooper from commander nate, he's a nice seller and I have negotiated with him before. He had two of the troopers last thursday(05/31 - when I ordered my figure). Already shipped. Don't know if the other one is still in stock, but I've seen plenty of them from other sellers. Mine will be the tan cloak variation. The price is steep, not less than 25.00 per figure, that's why I ordered just one, only to satisfy my desire for this figure and not having to wait till 2013.
I got one of the 3 packs too(that with Beachhead) from BBTS and it's on the way. I don't care much about the ninja one, which I'll wait for 2013 to get with all that postponed preorders.[/QUOTE]
just got my joe trooper and red ninja (along with iron spider man and ww hulk) from smalljoes and they just shipped it :) happy days are here again :)

Night Fox
06-11-2012, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=elmobfaelnar15]just got my joe trooper and red ninja (along with iron spider man and ww hulk) from smalljoes and they just shipped it :) happy days are here again :)[/QUOTE]

Very nice! The price on this is much better than eBay ones! Too bad the trooper was not in stock when I looked for him at Smalljoes.

Renegade
06-11-2012, 05:11 PM
So a funny thing happened to Paramount's other film, World War Z - a delay, throw in a few reshoots, and some script rewrites. Yup, very smart. Shouldn't these things be handled, I don't know - BEFORE the shooting is done?

One thing I can say, is that at least the reshoots mean that Paramount is going to spend more on the movie, (meaning they believe it will make them some serious money) and are not abandoning it altogether for an auspicious DVD-direct release. Maybe it will be good. I saw the trailer again the other day, and it looked awesome. The story, maybe not great, but the action and characters are translating much better than the last movie. I hope the changes do not make the movie worse!

elmobfaelnar15
06-11-2012, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=Night Fox]Very nice! The price on this is much better than eBay ones! Too bad the trooper was not in stock when I looked for him at Smalljoes.[/QUOTE]
you may want to check it out again since they're still available at $14.99 (although you're limited to just one per customer). im trying to use my friend as a "decoy" so i could score another figure :)

elmobfaelnar15
06-11-2012, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=Renegade]So a funny thing happened to Paramount's other film, World War Z - a delay, throw in a few reshoots, and some script rewrites. Yup, very smart. Shouldn't these things be handled, I don't know - BEFORE the shooting is done?

One thing I can say, is that at least the reshoots mean that Paramount is going to spend more on the movie, (meaning they believe it will make them some serious money) and are not abandoning it altogether for an auspicious DVD-direct release. Maybe it will be good. I saw the trailer again the other day, and it looked awesome. The story, maybe not great, but the action and characters are translating much better than the last movie. I hope the changes do not make the movie worse![/QUOTE]
atleast they're abandoning the sfx way (im looking at you michael bay transformers) and focusing now on the story (yay avengers). by the way, world war z is a comic book adaptation right?i forgot who was the original writer / artist of the series. hope the changes they are doing (including gijoe) will enhance the story and not just add another climactic action scene that does nothing to the story

pbarny1701
06-13-2012, 06:55 AM
[QUOTE=Renegade]So a funny thing happened to Paramount's other film, World War Z - a delay, throw in a few reshoots, and some script rewrites. Yup, very smart. Shouldn't these things be handled, I don't know - BEFORE the shooting is done? [/QUOTE]

Not really, because in editing, you can take all of that and change order, context, etc. Go test the edit (what we really see), and if that works, release.

M1General
02-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Well what do you know, 1 month to go. :p

Renegade
02-01-2013, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=pbarny1701]Not really, because in editing, you can take all of that and change order, context, etc. Go test the edit (what we really see), and if that works, release.[/QUOTE]

Good point, I suppose that scheduling the appropriate shoots as well as FX budgets before filming and editing is done would have been a better route. Setting a release date after everything is ready would have been a better way to handle things.

Cobra rules
02-03-2013, 01:30 PM
found new SS, SE, Flint, Firefly another trooper and a POC blowtorch at walgreens about thirty minutes ago.

M1General
02-03-2013, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=Cobra rules]found new SS, SE, Flint, Firefly another trooper and a POC blowtorch at walgreens about thirty minutes ago.[/QUOTE]
Nice!

M1General
02-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Check out Cobraspecialforces.com and enjoy.

The BATman
02-07-2013, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=M1General]Check out Cobraspecialforces.com and enjoy.[/QUOTE]
You know, just the fact that this movie has bad guys carrying the classic Cobra logo, already makes it so much better than the previous one.

M1General
02-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Hasbro GI Joe Retaliation wave 2 on sale at Target

Cobra rules
02-09-2013, 05:06 AM
picked up the three packs at target in Tennessee yesterday

M1General
03-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Wow 3 more days! :D