PDA

View Full Version : The Coil in my Joeverse.

neapolitan joe
05-13-2012, 03:38 AM
Recently, while reading:

1) the I.D.W. comics story arc "G.I.JOE: COBRA";
2) the first Marvel Comics "Cobra Civil war";
3) the Image/D.D.P. "Cobra Civil war II" (the Serpentor's reborn run),

I had an Idea!
I finally consider the Coil (in my Joeverse) as a second terroristic organization created after Cobra, but more lethal of the classic Cobra.
The fanatism inside the Coil is total, because the Coil is (in my Joeverse) a mystic and secret religion based on the cult of the snakes as seen in "G.I.JOE: COBRA".
So I made a mix of the 3 comics' stories (with "Reptilians" themes too), so now I have:

1) Golobulus (Coil's living God and ruler of Cobra-la, an holy and legendary hidden land, my Hasbro Indiana Jones Akator temple);
2) Serpentor (a divine and demigod Emperor);
3) Nemesis Enforcer (the Emperor's private guard);
4) Doctor Mindbender (scientist, creator of Serpentor and his personal doctor);
5) Crystal Ball (counselor of occult mistic arts, as seen in "Infestation II" too);
6) Overlord (Serpentor's best General);
7) Venomous Maximus (Serpentor's second General)
8) Firefly (acolyte and link with deviated Arashikage former members and the Red ninja clan);
9) Zandar (acolyte, right hand of the Emperor and link with Dreadnoks);
10) Hannibal (acolyte and clone of Serpentor. De facto brother of the Emperor);
11) Overkill (acolyte, leader of B.A.T.s legions);
12) Raptor (acolyte, wizard, assistant of Crystal Ball);
13) Tomax & Xamot (acolytes, businessmen and fficial link with Cobra);
14) Scrap Iron (acolyte and link with Destro and M.A.R.S.).

That's all, folks.

lehsreh
05-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Interesting. You used some of the same characters I did. You used some different ones too, but the different ones you used were some of my favorites.

neapolitan joe
05-13-2012, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=lehsreh]Interesting. You used some of the same characters I did. You used some different ones too, but the different ones you used were some of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

Lehsreh, can You advice me on the Coil with the characters You used?
Thank You very much.

GoCards
05-13-2012, 10:07 AM
I don't know anything about the comics, but I like the idea of Cobra's followers having a religious fanaticism about their cause.

lehsreh
05-13-2012, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]Lehsreh, can You advice me on the Coil with the characters You used?
Thank You very much.[/QUOTE]

Mine is really no different then yours. The only difference is that I don't use all the characters that you do. for example I don't use Zandar and firefly. But like you I use Hannible, and like you Venomous Maximus is the general of Serpentors army. I also use Nemesis and Golobus the same way you do.

Sorry for the misspelled words. The tips of my fingers are sore and I don't want to go back and correct myself lol.

neapolitan joe
05-13-2012, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=lehsreh]Mine is really no different then yours. The only difference is that I don't use all the characters that you do. for example I don't use Zandar and firefly. But like you I use Hannible, and like you Venomous Maximus is the general of Serpentors army. I also use Nemesis and Golobus the same way you do.

Sorry for the misspelled words. The tips of my fingers are sore and I don't want to go back and correct myself lol.[/QUOTE]

Thank You.