PDA

View Full Version : Long Time, No See...

DaveCW2
03-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Hey all,

I haven't been on in, well, quite some time, and thought I'd let you know what I've been up to.

I sold nearly everything. The only G.I. Joe figure I have left is Flint (and maybe a lowly Night Creeper). I did this because I have a graphic design company that takes up a lot of my time and it needed some help getting financed. So, my real American heroes went towards making my American dream a reality :)

The G.I. Joe collection wasn't the only thing I sold, either. I got rid of nearly all my Transformers, (Only Masterpiece Optimus Prime and Megatron remain.) and almost everything Star Wars related. It turns out I had a lot of stuff! But, like the Joes, those got sold to help me finance my business. A happy accident occurred when I sold all this stuff...My apartment seemed to get bigger! :D

With all that typed, I'm not sure I can claim to "be back," but I'm certainly thinking about it. I was actually looking up a lot of the toys I missed and wondering how cool it'd be to shoot some pics with POC Wave 3 Snake Eyes and Wave 4 Low-Light. If I DO get back into collecting, however, the collection will be substantially smaller. I may actually do this thing where I just collect what I like instead of the "get the whole collection" mentality :D

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know what I've been up to, and I why I haven't posted in...well...forever. I'll probably be taking a couple shots of Flint in the coming days, but I don't know about much beyond that.

I'll keep checking in and at least try to get more involved in some of the forum conversations. This is a great community of collectors, and I've been missing it.

Have fun!!!

sithviper
03-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Welcome back :)

lehsreh
03-19-2012, 09:57 AM
I was gone a long while myself. Nice to be back and hopefully nice to see you back. I still remember your photos and how great they were.

neapolitan joe
03-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Welcome back!

Nekoman
03-19-2012, 03:06 PM
I was wondering what happened to you! I always thought you were a cool dude and your photos were some of the best. Regardless of if you decide to collect again or not, it's always good to stay in touch. :)

I think selling your stuff to maintain a business/dream is admirable, and a very rational thing to do. If you want back in the game though, I say go for it! You can always just sell your stuff again to someone who's willing to pay too much for it. :D

Glad to have you back.

DaveCW2
03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks for makin' an old photog feel welcome, again; it's good to be back :D

The business has been one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it's also been a labor of love, so I can't complain too much.

Have fun!!!

Hasta.

Rambo
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Glad to have you back. Thank you very much for my new signature.