PDA

View Full Version : Let's paint the town COBRA in NYC

Violentfix
03-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Hello, everyone.

Hopefully there are a number of you that remember me. I used to be very heavily involved in the online Joe community, but with work and family taking its toll, I bowed out for some time.

That time is over.

I live in NYC and love G.I. Joe to this day. I’m sure that there are many Joe collectors and enthusiasts in this town. So I had this thought to invite some old collectors to hang out in the near future… then when I really thought about it, I realized that what I really wanted was to get to know today’s Joe community.

What better way to do this than hit a local bar and TAKE OVER! If you live in New York, New Jersey… hell, anywhere that a car, train or bus can get you into NYC, then I propose that we hang out… ALL OF US!

The Place: Foley’s (located at 18 West 33rd Street) (http://foleysny.com/)
The Day: April 21st
The Time: 5:00 PM (Starting at 5PM and going till we can’t go any further)

I really hope that everyone will consider coming. I’m hoping to show NYC just how alive G.I. Joe is… and make some new friends at the same time.

If anyone is interested in who I am and how I used to contribute to the G.I. Joe community, just check out my website… Cobra: The Inner Sanctum (http://www.cobratheinnersanctum.com/)

roguetiger
03-08-2012, 06:50 PM
I know I can't make it but if you posted this over on JoeCustoms in the regionals section there's quite a few in NYC that might be able to make it there.

Violentfix
03-08-2012, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=roguetiger]I know I can't make it but if you posted this over on JoeCustoms in the regionals section there's quite a few in NYC that might be able to make it there.[/QUOTE]

I tried, but it seems like my account is not reacting to the password I remember. I'm waiting for a response from the admins. Thanks

C-GDSM 2487
03-09-2012, 08:15 AM
GLAD to see you still around violentix :)

GoCards
03-09-2012, 11:45 AM
You're back! Are we going to get see some more rockin' dio-stories?

Violentfix
03-09-2012, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=GoCards]You're back! Are we going to get see some more rockin' dio-stories?[/QUOTE]

You never know. As the kids grow up, more time becomes available. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I also wouldn't rule it out.

neapolitan joe
03-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Welcome back, Veteran.

Scarrviper
03-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Welcome back! Your customs and Diostories are some of the best out there.

Flatline
03-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Good To See You Still Around. You Were A Huge Influence In Getting Me Back Into Collecting Again. Wish I Didn't Live In Sunny Cali Or I'd Be All Over This.

yorktownjoe
03-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Good to see you back. I love your dio-stories. It is always good to see well-crafted stories and great sets, as combining these two criteria leads to successful dios.

Hope we will see more some day.

Violentfix
03-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks everybody. The responses I've received have certainly made me feel welcome. I'm seeing some pretty sick Joes on these message boards, I'm also hearing that the new figures are really hard to work with in stories. I need to get my hands on some new figure to see what I can do with them.

PS: My photography skills have improved since making Dios.

Kane429
03-09-2012, 08:14 PM
I absolutely can't wait for this! I'm there!

seyms
03-10-2012, 04:56 PM
If I could hop across the pond just for this I would. Sounds like a great idea.

Cobra: Inner Sanctum was what inspired me to start making dios. More please!

Rambo
03-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Your dios and sets are legendary. I hope the wait is over. :)

snipesfg17
03-12-2012, 10:30 AM
I am a huge fan of your dios. Your sets are amazing. If you start up again, let us all know.

StkhlmDK
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Glad to see you are back, just had another look through all your awesome DIOs and got really inspired by your Airfield setup, might attempt to make one myself later on :)

Primenybt
03-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Man I can't wait to be there.

A good night with friends and a good night to make new friends.

Violentfix
03-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Well, you guys will be happy to know that I spent the better part of last night taking pics of 25th anni figures. I was trying to get a feel for them and do a little study of how they react and throw shadows. I was pretty impressed. Now, I'm not saying that I'm starting back up the Dio machine, but I certainly had a good time last night.

Violentfix
04-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Hey guys, I just want to remind everyone that this is definitely happening. If you're interest, please plan for it and clear your schedule on the 21st. It will be a blast.

Kane429
04-13-2012, 06:26 AM
We're almost a week away, and I am really stoked for this! Hoping to meet some new collectors who I haven't had the pleasure of being introduced to yet, and looking forward to throwing a few back with some old friends as well.

Violentfix
04-19-2012, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=Kane429]We're almost a week away, and I am really stoked for this! Hoping to meet some new collectors who I haven't had the pleasure of being introduced to yet, and looking forward to throwing a few back with some old friends as well.[/QUOTE]

It's going to be a blast. It's been too long.

Primenybt
04-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Last night was a blast. YOu won't belive who who showed up. Larry Hama!

We hung out all night talking and drinking. A totally awesome night.