PDA

View Full Version : Another day in the life...

Reverend Blood
02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
After seeing the same thing at 3 stores I figured I'd share my frustration with you.
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr251/preacher1311/IMAG0713.jpg

This has been the story since the first wave of Renegades figures hit. (the only wave that's hit my town that I know of.

So if you hear me complaining you know why. Also if anyone can get their hands on a scarlett, tunnel rat, trooper, techno viper, lifeline, or law & order, please keep me in mind. ( I know that should be in the wants, but why not throw in a beg while sharing my "find" )

Crimson Pilot
02-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I know how you feel, either it is nothing or arctic destros for me. either way its the same.

TwoOneEight
02-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Walmart & Target in Puente Hills, CA today - nothing but Mr Freeze Destro. :mad:

roguetiger
02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
This is what worked for me......

Go to the website...www.walmart.com...
and go to the contact page....put the store # of the stores near you....They have a store finder that will give the #'s if you don't know them... send a email complaining about how the Dept Mgr for toys is NOT ORDERING Joes and make sure to leave a contact #... I did this and a Asst. Mgr. called the next day from the store and I told him what was going on... in my case it was 5 missile Duke's and thats it sitting there.. the dept mgr told me that they had 26 on hand according to the Gemini (the gun they order with) but yet she tells me there's none in the back for over a month... I told the asst mgr this and he went and ordered 2 cases......supposed to be in the store in 3 weeks.. it might work so might try it...
In a case like this if they HAVE the pegs for them but empty for a LONG while you'd just say it in the email about them being empty and how you WOULD buy them IF they had them on hand....

GoCards
02-13-2012, 08:06 PM
I feel you pain, bro. I found the last wave once and bought all but the Zombie Vipers. :mad:
P.S.,
A Toys R Us by me had some Avengers stuff out. Right next to the Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man 2 junk that's been sitting there since the movies came out. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Django
02-13-2012, 09:48 PM
thought it was just my area,problem with this is im buying everything else i wouldn't normally buy if joes were in stock.

M1General
02-14-2012, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE=Django]thought it was just my area,problem with this is im buying everything else i wouldn't normally buy if joes were in stock.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, especially online. My problem is the shipping costs add up and I would like to troop build but it's too expensive. :(

zedhatch
02-14-2012, 07:08 AM
I went the online route with 4, Wave 3 all I saw was Ripcord and that shocked me to say the least. Distro is a mess for Joe.

80s Child
02-14-2012, 10:17 AM
In my neck of the woods it's been pretty much this for the last 4-5 months:

Renegades Duke
Renegades Firefly
Renegades Cobra Commander
"Raptor" Zartan

No sign of any of the colorful 30th anny 1986/1987 re-booted Joes & Cobras.

Lava Boss
02-14-2012, 10:46 AM
As of last sunday, the local TRU had some of those for $9 each, though.

Reverend Blood
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]As of last sunday, the local TRU had some of those for $9 each, though.[/QUOTE]

I hit my TrU right after I posted this and they had 3 Renegades Ripcords... They'd had nothing the day before... so either I need to stalk them at opening everyday, or (breaks out the tin foil hat) "them danged employees be scalpin muh toyzzz"

roguetiger
02-14-2012, 08:52 PM
I found a Renegade Scarlett at King Soopers (Krogers company) the other day and grabbed it.. no other ones from the new waves..just Renegade Snake-eyes, Rene. Firefly, and Rene. Cobra Commander..They might sneak them in in later on though.

Reverend Blood
02-15-2012, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=roguetiger]I found a Renegade Scarlett at King Soopers (Krogers company) the other day and grabbed it.. no other ones from the new waves..just Renegade Snake-eyes, Rene. Firefly, and Rene. Cobra Commander..They might sneak them in in later on though.[/QUOTE]

No Kroger in the area, but I've been checking walgreens and CVS stores pretty regularly too.

TwoOneEight
02-15-2012, 10:16 AM
[QUOTE=roguetiger]I found a Renegade Scarlett at King Soopers (Krogers company) the other day and grabbed it.. no other ones from the new waves..just Renegade Snake-eyes, Rene. Firefly, and Rene. Cobra Commander..They might sneak them in in later on though.[/QUOTE]

one day at Krogers when i was living in Houston, I saw a Cobra Shock Trooper and the peg label had it for $10.99. I shrugged my shoulders and put 1 in my cart and continued shopping.

I went to self-checkout and started ringing up my stuff. I was doing it at a fast pace, I failed to see the screen say something like unable to find price, whatever. i was a litte confused, was it the Shock Trooper or the peanut butter? the kid at the counter just swiped his ID, pushed some buttons and got me on my way. It was the Shock Trooper. they haven't scanned it into their system and when the kid cleared me, I got it for free! :D

the ff day, I found myself at the self-checkout looking confused again :D
and again the day after :D
and the day after that :D

hence my squad of Cobra Shock Troopers gratis care of Krogers

Reverend Blood
02-15-2012, 11:29 AM
I took a different route to work and stopped into a Walgreen's that had a Tunnel Rat and Ripcord, so now I can cross T-Rat of my needs list. The hunt continues.

Django
02-15-2012, 12:50 PM
I went to CVS hoping to find a joe and i did $15.99 :eek:

I found law and two zombie vipers at TRU but i refuse to buy anything from there,unless its a reasonably priced neca but thats about it.

Reverend Blood
02-15-2012, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=Django]I went to CVS hoping to find a joe and i did $15.99 :eek:

I found law and two zombie vipers at TRU but i refuse to buy anything from there,unless its a reasonably priced neca but thats about it.[/QUOTE]

If they still have them next time you're in there I'll cover shipping. lol

TwoOneEight
02-15-2012, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=roguetiger]This is what worked for me......

Go to the website...www.walmart.com...
and go to the contact page....put the store # of the stores near you....They have a store finder that will give the #'s if you don't know them... send a email complaining about how the Dept Mgr for toys is NOT ORDERING Joes and make sure to leave a contact #... I did this and a Asst. Mgr. called the next day from the store and I told him what was going on... in my case it was 5 missile Duke's and thats it sitting there.. the dept mgr told me that they had 26 on hand according to the Gemini (the gun they order with) but yet she tells me there's none in the back for over a month... I told the asst mgr this and he went and ordered 2 cases......supposed to be in the store in 3 weeks.. it might work so might try it...
In a case like this if they HAVE the pegs for them but empty for a LONG while you'd just say it in the email about them being empty and how you WOULD buy them IF they had them on hand....[/QUOTE]

ok, just left them a nice note w/a contact number. let's see how long it'll take 'em to reply.

yorktownjoe
02-18-2012, 08:56 AM
The 2 Walmarts near me have one or two Renegades Cobra commanders. That's it.

TRU has Renegades Duke, Commander, Firefly and Iron Grenadier for $9 each.

I have an eerie feeling that there might be a plan to make these scarce and leave things empty until the movie figures come out.

If they kept rolling out waves they could keep collecting our money all year long... :(

They need to learn how to pace the waves to maximize the opportunity to pick up new figures w/o leaving old ones there for 6 to 18 months.

80s Child
02-18-2012, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=yorktownjoe]They need to learn how to pace the waves to maximize the opportunity to pick up new figures w/o leaving old ones there for 6 to 18 months.[/QUOTE]

What are they teaching these execs in business school? At least ebay sellers are happy with Hasbro's business model....

pbarny1701
02-19-2012, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=80s Child]What are they teaching these execs in business school? At least ebay sellers are happy with Hasbro's business model....[/QUOTE]

You made a funny. Average retail store manager went to business school...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ouch, my insides are hurting I'm laughing so hard.

yorktownjoe
02-19-2012, 11:40 AM
That would be a bummer to pay for and earn an MBA and end up in retail middle mgmt. There is nothing wrong with retail management, but folks can work their way up in most chains w/o the expense and time of graduate school.

As far as what they are teaching, most of it is psychology on helping your workers get through change and coming to grips with things that do not make common sense...

...They used to teach things like: satisfy customers, make money, have fun. But those days are gone...

...And so is common sense in most places. Go figure.