PDA

View Full Version : No GI Joe Toys For The UK (and Europe) This Summer.

neapolitan joe
01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
"Just in from UK Toy Fair 2012 comes word that there will be no GI Joe toys for the UK this summer. HISS Tank boards member DarkHorse was in attendance and brought us the bad news today. Support for GI Joe internationally has dwindled ever since the Rise Of Cobra line underperformed at overseas retail".

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-movie-2/no-gi-joe-toys-for-the-uk-this-summer-11010/

M1General
01-24-2012, 07:31 PM
That sucks, Hasbro should get on the movie studio for that not the fans. :mad:

Goldbug
01-24-2012, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=M1General]That sucks, Hasbro should get on the movie studio for that not the fans. :mad:[/QUOTE]
It's just as much Hasbro's fault for green lighting that travesty.

Those figures made it back here to the U.S. in Tuesday Morning discount stores.

roguetiger
01-24-2012, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=Goldbug]It's just as much Hasbro's fault for green lighting that travesty.

Those figures made it back here to the U.S. in Tuesday Morning discount stores.[/QUOTE]

and TJ Maxx's and Marshalls....

TwoOneEight
01-25-2012, 01:40 AM
........................................................................................................

ain't that a sumbitch? :mad:

well, to all our UK (and European) friends, this summer and for the rest of the year or so, if there's any GI Joe Toys we have available here, just let me know, i'll try and get it for you, and i will ship it to you guys. we'll do like a paypal thing, or trade, what-have-you. to the best of my abilities, of course.

there's just no explaining Hasbro logic. rat-bastards. :mad:

........................................................................................................

zedhatch
01-25-2012, 06:31 AM
I heard, that sucks, Still Hasbro should realize ROC underproformed because it sucked as a line, I mean there are STILL regular retail stores I see it in.

neapolitan joe
01-25-2012, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight]........................................................................................................

ain't that a sumbitch? :mad:

well, to all our UK (and European) friends, this summer and for the rest of the year or so, if there's any GI Joe Toys we have available here, just let me know, i'll try and get it for you, and i will ship it to you guys. we'll do like a paypal thing, or trade, what-have-you. to the best of my abilities, of course.

there's just no explaining Hasbro logic. rat-bastards. :mad:

........................................................................................................[/QUOTE]

Thank You!

Goldbug
01-25-2012, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=roguetiger]and TJ Maxx's and Marshalls....[/QUOTE]
I never saw the multilingual cards at those stores.

roguetiger
01-25-2012, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=Goldbug]I never saw the multilingual cards at those stores.[/QUOTE]

I actually should have said Ross'.... cause I got a Ice Viper at Ross' that was multilingual.

seyms
01-26-2012, 05:58 AM
As a fan from the UK, I say it is a damn shame, but not surprising, since the RoC Elite Viper / Crimson Neo-Viper assortment only hit UK TRUs a few months ago. :D

Cobra Freak
01-28-2012, 03:24 AM
[QUOTE=seyms]As a fan from the UK, I say it is a damn shame, but not surprising, since the RoC Elite Viper / Crimson Neo-Viper assortment only hit UK TRUs a few months ago. :D[/QUOTE]

Really!? it took that long to get there! osh ma gosh D:

tycondrius23
01-28-2012, 04:17 AM
this totally sucks. I get why the first movie figures sucked in relation to distribution we were stuck with wave one and only wave one for the entire duration of the life of the line