PDA

View Full Version : Remember your first?

TwoOneEight
01-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Someone posted this on FB, and I was curious...

What is/was the first Joe figure you ever got. It can be from any line, any year.

Mine was FLASH - Laser Rifle Trooper 1982 Straight Arm.

GoCards
01-17-2012, 04:54 PM
VERY MISLEADING TITLE!!!
Straight-arm Breaker.

TwoOneEight
01-17-2012, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=GoCards]VERY MISLEADING TITLE!!!
Straight-arm Breaker.[/QUOTE]
:D :D :D

Marty
01-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Minw was actually Sonic Fighters Dodger. I thought he was the coolest. I still hold a very special place in my heart for that character.

roguetiger
01-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Mine was V1 Rock n Roll (straight arm) and the FLAK (for some weird reason).

M1General
01-18-2012, 03:30 AM
Laser Viper, reminded me of Boba Fett and bad guys are cool.

Rambo
01-18-2012, 04:22 AM
It was in 1986: Zandar, BAT and later Wet-suit.

lehsreh
01-18-2012, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=Rambo]It was in 1986: Zandar, BAT and later Wet-suit.[/QUOTE]

Those were two great ones to start with. Still two of my all time favorites.
My first Joes was V1 Rock N Roll. I was a kid, about 3 years old and while at my cousins house i found him and start playing with him. I mmm forgot to put him down and took him home with me.

sithviper
01-18-2012, 12:25 PM
If my memory is any good it was guy (although my original is long since lost :( )

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn239/sithviper/MyCustomVAMPIMG_3839C.jpg

neapolitan joe
01-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Destro version 1 and then Dodger.

TwoOneEight
01-19-2012, 01:06 AM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]Destro version 1 and then Dodger.[/QUOTE]

:D

Hey NJ, you think they should make figures of Capt de Falco and Capt Schettino?
Like a Comic 2-pk, the coward and the hero?
With the catch-phrase - Vada a bordo, cazzo!

:)

neapolitan joe
01-19-2012, 01:38 AM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight]:D

Hey NJ, you think they should make figures of Capt de Falco and Capt Schettino?
Like a Comic 2-pk, the coward and the hero?
With the catch-phrase - Vada a bordo, cazzo!

:)[/QUOTE]

Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
You're off topic!
Ah! Ah! Ah! I'm going to explode!
And they two are from Naples too!
It was the most incredible phone call in the history of my counrty...
The tragedy of the Costa Concordia was evitable:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/01/17/go-on-board-transcript-shows-cruise-captain-resisted-returning-to-ship/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdkadJ1AGFY

TwoOneEight
01-19-2012, 12:37 PM
.........................................................................................................................

Ok the question was:

What is/was the first Joe figure you ever got. It can be from any line, any year.

And so far we have:

TwoOneEight Flash 1982 Straight Arm
GoCards Breaker Straight Arm
Marty Sonic Fighters Dodger
rougetiger Rock n Roll V1 and the FLAK
M1General Laser Viper
Rambo Zandar, BAT and Wet Suit 1986
lehsreh Rock n Roll V1
sithviper Clutch and VAMP
neapolitan joe Destro V1 and Dodger

Let's keep it up gentlemen, this is great! Love the little backstories that you had with your firsts, too. (lehsreh, you're a wild man! just kidding)

Good times, good times!

.....................................................................................................

pbarny1701
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Throw me in for Straight Arm Flash in 82 as well.

A few weeks later I got a RAM, Rock N Roll and I believe it was Grunt next.

turner
01-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Short fuse 1982, he had more accessories than the others, I still dig him!

lehsreh
01-20-2012, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=TwoOneEight].........................................................................................................................

Let's keep it up gentlemen, this is great! Love the little backstories that you had with your firsts, too. (lehsreh, you're a wild man! just kidding)

Good times, good times![/QUOTE]

LOL. In my defense I was only about 3. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong, but I don't regret it lol.

TwoOneEight
01-20-2012, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE=lehsreh]LOL. In my defense I was only about 3. I didn't know I was doing anything wrong, but I don't regret it lol.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, man! That's cool, no judgements, no shame. In my opinion, Rock n Roll chose you, my friend. :)

Let's keep this going, gentlemen. I only wish I had a cool story to go with "my first". :D

dantedmc37
01-29-2012, 03:34 PM
I got Clutch with the VAMP and Steeler with the MOBAT for my birthday. My older cousin Larry gave me some of his hand me down Joes that day too, 82' Snake Eyes w/ broken glued on arm, Snow Job, and Doc. Pretty great Birthday!

Cobra Freak
01-30-2012, 02:59 AM
Well I was born in 92 so I was to late for the good stuff. :(
But my first Gi Joe I got was Sgt. Savage :D everyone hates that line but me xD aha.
My dad also got the 1987 Gi Joe movie on VHS for me (which I still have the case.)
I remember he wanted me to start playing with army toys insted of cars lol. But yeah I loved the movie I thought cobra was so cool with all their Vipers and CG's but I hated the Cobra Troopers. I thought they were crappy looking ninja's aha.

But my first time playing with an old ARAH Joe figure would be Chuckles I knew who he was from the movie. Then I inherited all my uncles old toys and that got me into collecting. Then I found Yo Joe and saw that there were figures of all my favourite Cobra troops. Oh boy those were the days discovering all the old Gi Joe toys :cool: :D

80s Child
01-30-2012, 06:23 AM
Christmas 1984 - my Uncle got me the M.O.B.A.T. with swivel-arm Steeler. I actually have photographic proof to help my memory with those two. I am 99% sure that I got the Machine Gun Defense Unit that morning too, but I'm only about 80% sure that I also got Short-Fuze, Rock & Roll, Grunt, Breaker, and Helmeted CoCo that day as well. Regardless - it was a great Christmas!! :D

Pit Viper v2
02-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Sneak Peak and Falcon.

On my 7th birthday my uncle gave me one of those plastic Army trucks that said "US Convoy" on the side. You used to be able to buy them at pretty much any store that sold toys. They were designed so that they could fit Joes but I didn't own any.

Sometime soon after my dad took my brother and I to I believe it was called "Children's Palace" to buy some. It was basically a poor man's Toys R Us. We were told we could pick two figures or items of equal value. This was 1987.

My brother picked Fast Draw and the Anti-Aircraft Action Pack since the artwork showed Fast Draw using it.

I initially picked Sneak Peak and Psyche Out but as I left the isle I discovered an end cap with more Joes. I quickly spotted a Falcon and put Psyche Out back on the shelf. I was only barely familiar with G.I. Joe and knew that there was a main character on the show who wore a beret so I basically assumed Falcon was Flint. It wasn't until we had left the store that I realized that someone had tore Falcon's package open and was thus missing all of his accessories.

Oddly enough Sneak Peak and Falcon would be packaged together later as part of Night Force.

80s Child
02-10-2012, 06:38 AM
[QUOTE=Pit Viper v2]Sneak Peak and Falcon.

On my 7th birthday my uncle gave me one of those plastic Army trucks that said "US Convoy" on the side. You used to be able to buy them at pretty much any store that sold toys. They were designed so that they could fit Joes but I didn't own any.

Sometime soon after my dad took my brother and I to I believe it was called "Children's Palace" to buy some. It was basically a poor man's Toys R Us. We were told we could pick two figures or items of equal value. This was 1987.

My brother picked Fast Draw and the Anti-Aircraft Action Pack since the artwork showed Fast Draw using it.

I initially picked Sneak Peak and Psyche Out but as I left the isle I discovered an end cap with more Joes. I quickly spotted a Falcon and put Psyche Out back on the shelf. I was only barely familiar with G.I. Joe and knew that there was a main character on the show who wore a beret so I basically assumed Falcon was Flint. It wasn't until we had left the store that I realized that someone had tore Falcon's package open and was thus missing all of his accessories.

Oddly enough Sneak Peak and Falcon would be packaged together later as part of Night Force.[/QUOTE]

That's cool (all except the part about Falcons accessories being stolen:(). I always like hearing these recounts- good memory. You made the right choice F was cooler than that PO IMO, I had 87 PO and in hindsight I shoulda waited a year and got the NF version of him.

rnrhero
02-11-2012, 10:26 PM
The first joe I remember having is a Straight Arm Rock n Roll. Not 100% that it was my first but it is the one I remember playing with first.

savage21
02-14-2012, 04:33 PM
depends which size Joe u are talking about......
My Navy Admerial 12in was my first Joe in fact I still have him missing some accessories and one hand lol

my first GI Joe vs Cobra figure was Heavy duty with the Brawler

snipesfg17
02-15-2012, 02:56 PM
I got gung ho and zap as a little kid, but really started collecting with wet-suit in 86.