PDA

View Full Version : New Year, New Themes?

TwoOneEight
01-04-2012, 05:58 PM

What do you guys say? I'm new here, but from what I see from the random pics, y'alls used to have Themes and stuff. Nowadays, not so much. I propose we bring 'em back just for the fun of it. What have you got to lose?

What do you say we kick it off with Martin Luther King weekend?

Mid-Month Military Mayhem

Jan 13-16, 2012 The Orphans, The Forgotten, and The Bad Figures
The more obscure, the better. Let's dig 'em out, dust them off and make them look GOOD!

Feb 17-20, 2012 Family
Let the old lady, wife or significant other take a shot. Let the kids do a shot.

Mar 16-18, 2012 Then and Now
Vintage figures (or even Anniversary versions) alongside their RoC/PoC/Resolute updates.

Maybe we can also bring back Wacky Wednesdays, Crossover Weekends, etc?
But I digress, baby steps, baby steps. Let's at least just consider this. Whaddaya say?

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes by doing this...

........................................................................................

temedoro15
01-04-2012, 10:43 PM
I hope I can participate with at least 2 photos. I really need some cool sets or backgrounds

TwoOneEight
01-04-2012, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE=temedoro15]I hope I can participate with at least 2 photos. I really need some cool sets or backgrounds[/QUOTE]

it doesn't have to be elaborate. sometimes simple is better.
here's a suggestion...http://www.joedios.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4537
anything is better than nothing, you know?
hope this idea catches on, man.

.............................................................................................................................

Trench-Viper
01-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Its a great idea. The themes are good. For me it is difficult to post pictures on a sqeduele but I can try.

Nekoman
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Good themes, nice to see stuff get brought back! I'll try to participate in these.

I don't think we ever did themes for Wacky Wednesday though, just funny stuff on Wednesday. Which I guess means it can come back as soon as next Wednesday. I've had a weird-ass idea for a shot so I might just do it then.

TwoOneEight
01-05-2012, 12:51 PM
.......................................................................................................

You know what? You guys are right! Every weekend is too much. What say we do this once a month, instead? Less pressure. More fun.

Mid-Month Military Mayhem

Jan 13-16, 2012..........The Orphans, The Forgotten, and The Bad Figures
The more obscure, the better. Let's dig 'em out, dust them off and make them look GOOD!

Feb 17-20, 2012..........Family
Let the old lady, wife or significant other take a shot. Let the kids do a shot.

Mar 16-18, 2012 ..........Then and Now
Vintage figures (or even Anniversary versions) alongside their RoC/PoC/Resolute updates.

..........................................................................................................

pallidmask
01-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I like this idea a lot. The themes are what got me posting here initially...I like the challenge of putting your own spin on a proposed theme. I've been pretty busy, but I'll try to keep up with these!