PDA

View Full Version : So Which Sunbow Side-Kick?

80s Child
12-09-2011, 07:03 PM
I just got done re-watching the first four miniseries this week:
Tuesday - The MASS Device
Wednesday - The Weather Dominator
Thursday - The Pyramid Of Darkness
Today - Arise Serpentor Arise

And I got wondering who people like the best as the "single-serving-sidekick"?

1.) Selena the slave girl
2.) Selena's HUGE slave guy friend
3.) The blind Eskimo/woodsman
4.) Honda-Lu West the trucker
5.) Satin the singer
6.) Colonel Slash
7.) Dr. Lazlo Vandermeer
8.) Somebody else

:)

Lava Boss
12-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Satin, for being a Madonna/80's pop singer stereotype.

Honda Lu was probably the most unneeded, like Cobra can't just have its own trucks? If Roadblock needed someone to talk to, then they could've used another Joe.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
12-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Actually there were alot of cool one shot characters I kinda wished we had seen come back at some point.

Satin was one, she had kinda a cool backstory and I wouldn't mind have seeing a second Satin story.

A few other characters throughout the series too...the guy whose house is burned down when Lady Jaye's javalin takes down the Rattler.

Quick Kick's girlfriend.

Cadet Demmings

And the scientist from the episode where Dusty and Footloose have to jump from the plane.

But I'm kinda a sucker for some secondary characters some of my favorites from the comics are Dr. Cassandra Knox, and Heartwrencher.

80s Child
12-10-2011, 05:39 AM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]Honda Lu was probably the most unneeded, like Cobra can't just have its own trucks? If Roadblock needed someone to talk to, then they could've used another Joe.[/QUOTE]

I know LavaBoss - I always sort of chuckle when I hear Roadblock say (in newfound amazment) "You're a girl.....!". They should have paired him with Thunder or someone else from 84 who didn't get many/any lines otherwise. Plus Thunder is a DRIVER.

You're also right about the trucks - and it's probably no coincidence that Honda-Lu's trucks and the rig in the opening sequene of "The Revenge Of Cobra" carying the laser core all look just like G1 Optimus Prime - both 1984 releases too...... :cool:

80s Child
12-10-2011, 05:43 AM
[QUOTE=Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.]Actually there were alot of cool one shot characters I kinda wished we had seen come back at some point.

Satin was one, she had kinda a cool backstory and I wouldn't mind have seeing a second Satin story.

A few other characters throughout the series too...the guy whose house is burned down when Lady Jaye's javalin takes down the Rattler.

Quick Kick's girlfriend.

Cadet Demmings

And the scientist from the episode where Dusty and Footloose have to jump from the plane.

But I'm kinda a sucker for some secondary characters some of my favorites from the comics are Dr. Cassandra Knox, and Heartwrencher.[/QUOTE]

That's true! I think QK's girlfriend was named Amber - she would have been a good recruit!

I also remember Shipwreck having a good story with Mara (?) an ex-Cobra operative or a mermaid or something

And speaking of comics - Dr. Adele Burkhart in issue #1 was cool too! Candy Apple was classic too!

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]Satin, for being a Madonna/80's pop singer stereotype.

Honda Lu was probably the most unneeded, like Cobra can't just have its own trucks? If Roadblock needed someone to talk to, then they could've used another Joe.[/QUOTE]

That's a great point about the trucks...I mean its a truck....how damn hard is it to obtain a truck? lol

And if your gonna steal them why take Honda Lou? lol

It reminds me of a converstation I had about the epidsode, 'Bazooka Saw a Sea Serpent'...its actually one of my favorites because I loved the interplay between Bazooka, Alpine and Quick Kick, but it got me thinking...ok the guy designs that thing...and Cobra steals it...what in the hell was that thing designed for in the first place?

I MIGHT have said it was for an amusement park, but its MASSIVE...I mean bigger than boats...and why the hell would it be SO big that it could hold large amounts of gold and people hostage?

Who sat and came up with that? I mean if Disney suddenly announced the production of a massive sea fairing metal creature larger than a battleship....somebody should have been more concerned Wayyyyyyy before the Joes got involved.

acmillerjr
12-20-2011, 01:51 PM
I like the guy who was seeking revenge. He was a retired soldier if I recall. He mentions going to "Boot Camp" or something of the like in the episode.