PDA

View Full Version : Best Bargains?

ender098
01-05-2007, 07:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270074706047&rd=1&rd=1

I know when I orgininally got Snow Wolf and Frostbite I paid $37.00 for them on Ebay. When I got Torch and Sgt Bazooka, I paid $47.00 using the buy it now because I had went $46.00 twice and got outbid at 1 min to auctions end! I got both two packs for $23.75 American. I only wish I had held off on the first sets I bought!

I'm interested in the following questions;

1.) What is the most you have paid for an Action Figure?

2.) What is the most you WOULD pay for a figure?

3. ) What is the best deal you've EVER got on a figure?

here's my answers:

1.) $47.00 for Movie version Shang Tsun

2.) I would pay $350.00, but only for Pimp Daddy Destro (any other figure, never more that $50.00!)

3.) I bought over 400 pieces of gear (weapons, armour, animals, helmets, stands,etc) it was about 5 pounds of stuff for about $25.00.

Figure bargains? I think you see it above!

Vehicle/playset bargain; I got a 95% Terror Drome for $9.99 plus a $5.00 processing fee!

Self-Modifier
01-05-2007, 08:03 PM
I just don't believe in spending more than $10-15.00 on anything Joe scale, no matter how rare it may be. So the most I've ever spent on a Joe was probably about $10.00. I think it was for a Destro v1.

The most I've ever spent on any domestically released action figure was probably $30.00 for Evil Lyn from Mattel's recent Masters of the Universe revival. And that's only because I couldn't find her in any stores, and she's one of my favorite characters.

I'm far more willing to shell out bucks for Japanese Transformers, such as $100.00 each for Masterpiece Optimus Prime and Starscream, and the upcoming Megatron, and $50.00 apiece for all the various Binaltech (Japanese Alternators) figures.

Personally, if I had $350.00 to spend, I'd rather put it towards a video game system, TV or something of the like.

The best bargain I ever got was probably at a little action figure shop that was open in my area for a few years. I went in one day and they had a complete Cobra Commander v1 among all their Joes. It was the only unpriced one and when I asked how much it was the guy minding the store guessed $5.00, so I snapped it up. When the owner came in as I was paying, he was miffed at his employee for giving the fig for me for so little (most of their Joes were $10 or more), but by then it was too late.

Southzen
01-05-2007, 09:07 PM
1.) I think the most I have paid was for the Club Sarg at the 2006 Con.

2.) I wouldn't pay more than $30 for a SS v1 or SE v2 mint and complete. Not really too many figures I would shell out more than $15 bucks.

3.) Figure: No real deals yet!
Vehicle/Playset: I snagged a complete and good shape Red Moray with complete Lamprey and file card off Ebay for $30.00 (just saw one go for nearly $150.00). I don't have the best of luck with great deals.

Fisher
01-07-2007, 10:25 PM
I think the most I have paid for one individual figure is $20 for an original Interrogator last year.

I don't think I would pay more than $20 for a single figure. I have managed to find a lot of great deals out there.

Best deal I have ever scored was a complete G.I. Joe HQ (PIT) and a complete Thunder Machine on ebay for $1.98 plus $6.00 shipping, I also managed to snag the Bazooka and Torch 2 pack for $4.00. Other than that, last summer I managed to snag a complete W.H.A.L.E. w/Cuttter, Moray w/Lamprey, Tomahawk w/Lift-Ticket, Rattler w/ Wild Weasel, 4 complete 1986 B.A.T.S. and 6 complete 1986 Vipers and their respective drivers complete (minues Lift-Ticket's helmet mike) for $150.