PDA

View Full Version : Operation M.O.T.H. 3 figures.

ender098
01-03-2007, 11:14 PM
I just ordered mine. Anybody else ordered them or already have them? Does anyone have them or the new 2006 Version Renegades? (I ordered them, too!)

NemesisEnforcerFan
01-04-2007, 12:10 AM
[FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=Indigo]Hey,
I have the first set.. and plan to get the other 3, master collector has done a fantastic job on these figures.. dare I say it they've impressed me much more than hasbro's recent efforts.
I find sometimes like with the cobra mercenaries set the weapons selections are sometimes iffy but the figures are awesome.
I really like the look of the desert theater set and the latest release paficifc theater figures. They've retooled polly.. whats not to love about that?[/COLOR][/FONT]

rnrhero
01-04-2007, 05:13 AM
I have not ordered my Set III yet but have the other two. Talk about quality on set one and two.

NemesisEnforcerFan
01-04-2007, 07:06 AM
[QUOTE=rnrhero]Talk about quality on set one and two.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=Indigo]Theres so much to talk about I'm in agreeance with this statement whole heartedly! I recently took the Jungle Theater Set out into the wilderness and these figures have AMAZING! Potential. I already liked version 1's released in 1989 and but for Night Viper usually being so costly because of his monocle I would certainly have more.
The Jungle Frag-Viper Seen in my pic here:
http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=4290&c=7
I like the colour choices.. love the range-viper and big ben add ons.. I wish V1 would of come with that Grenade pouch. I do miss the original Frag-Viper machine gun.. though. Also the Night-Viper seen here:
http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=4291&c=7
The detailing to the monocle and the strap around his torso is fantastic.. its like they took both first versions and thought.. "tell you what hasbro.. we'll recolour and add the detail!" These two figures are works of art.. I can't wait to get the desert theater set![/COLOR][/FONT]

Outrider
01-04-2007, 11:24 AM
I have the first two sets and they are awesome indeed. The third set I will probably buy, mainly for Shipwreck (Chuckles doesn't do alot for me). Everyone is right when they say this M.O.T.H. series is better than most of Hasbro's releases.
As for the Renegades, I passed on those. I have the original Renegades and never use them, so why bother? :)

Stormer
01-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Everything I can see about the MOTH figures looks great, apart from the price... Maybe one day I'll have some but it'll require a fantastic deal or a drastic change in my financial situation before it's going to happen!

ender098
01-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I also have the first two M.O.T.H. sets, and I love 'em to death. The only complaint I have about them is that they are too expensive to Army Build with. I'd love to have 10 of each of the first two sets. I just use the figures as commanders of my legions!

I was just curious about the third set because Mastercollector has been advertising them for months for PREOrder, but only had only offered regular orders a few days ago. I found that out because they posted them on Magnum6Delta, saying that the preorder sets were arriving. I'd rather see set 4 from M.O.T.H. than I would to see Wave 4 DTC come out. (BTW, has anyone learned what M.O.T.H. is an acronym for?)

LordRaven
01-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Shipwreck is one of my favs....I wish I could afford it. He's too cool. This new version is very very cool, and Chuckles is good too, though he deserves a better head sculpt.

NemesisEnforcerFan
01-04-2007, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=ender098] (BTW, has anyone learned what M.O.T.H. is an acronym for?)[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=Indigo]I was actually discussing this on flickr on the group.. I can't work out what it stands for.. I've been back on Master Collector too.. and looked at the story paragraph to see if it mentions it there.. I was thinking the first two letters would stand for Military Orbital or Ordnance as for the T & H.. any ideas?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Southzen
01-04-2007, 05:22 PM
I don't know what MOTH means; I know it is based off a cartoon episode. I bought all three MOTH sets and plan on the forth. I love them. Attended part of the 2006 con (my wedding on same weekend), I love the Con set (get the con weapons sets off Marauder's to replace them for cooler weapons); I love the Sarg and Renegades (only complaint is the cutting corners with the same molds with different heads); I LOVE the Warthog; I love the Ferrets; and I LIKE the Armadillo. Sure the prices are a little steep, but I think they are worth it.

phu
01-05-2007, 08:16 AM
I'd think about it if MC would use new sculpt. There's absolutely no way in the world I'd pay those prices for those figures. They're very cool, don't get me wrong, but rivets are not my thing.

ender098
01-05-2007, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=phu]I'd think about it if MC would use new sculpt. There's absolutely no way in the world I'd pay those prices for those figures. They're very cool, don't get me wrong, but rivets are not my thing.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of New Sculpts, I'd kill if Hasbro would give a little bigger tip of the hat to DD. I mean, Gawd, how many fans have they attracted back to GI Joe? Yet how many figures have they introduced that were NEVER made into figures?

I'd love to see; FireWall, Wraith, Mayday, The Red Shadows crew, etc.

And General Rey! And Speaking of him, did anyone think he was linked to Serpentor? I remember that as soon as the jugglers found Serpentors body, shortly after Rey came on the scene and started kicking ass, and no one knew where he came from. Was that ever explained in the comics? I have all of DD on electronic fomat, but I don't have any of the America's Elite.

BTW, am I the only one who thought Reloaded Sucked?

Stormer
01-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I'd love to get some figures of the DDP characters too - Alexander McCullen, Mistress Armada, Zanya...!

Supposedly, the Rey/Serpentor thing is the "worst kept secret" of the DDP series, or they threw out red herrings and let the fans go with the Serpentor theory. It's been said (dunno how reliable the original source) that if the series hadn't been tied up, and the Red Shadows storyline hadn't been brought in to end it, Rey's "mysterious past" would have been addressed along those lines. But the body in the tank the Red Shadows smashed kinda puts some dampers on that theory now, whether this was the original intention when Rey was introduced or not.

However, Rey's shown up in America's Elite and it looks like the next issue or two might reveal some truths about him...

And Reloaded was, indeed, poo.

ender098
01-08-2007, 10:03 AM
[QUOTE=Stormer]I'd love to get some figures of the DDP characters too - Alexander McCullen, Mistress Armada, Zanya...!

Supposedly, the Rey/Serpentor thing is the "worst kept secret" of the DDP series, or they threw out red herrings and let the fans go with the Serpentor theory. It's been said (dunno how reliable the original source) that if the series hadn't been tied up, and the Red Shadows storyline hadn't been brought in to end it, Rey's "mysterious past" would have been addressed along those lines. But the body in the tank the Red Shadows smashed kinda puts some dampers on that theory now, whether this was the original intention when Rey was introduced or not.

However, Rey's shown up in America's Elite and it looks like the next issue or two might reveal some truths about him...

And Reloaded was, indeed, poo.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I'd love to see those figures and MORE!

As for General Rey, I'm thinking he's a serpentor clone, modified to behave in the interest of good. That would be awesome, to see General Rey and the GI Joe team take on a new "Coil" wth Serpentor. Two Genetically enhanced super-leaders going head to head! If he is a Serpentor cut-out, I wonder what would happen if the Joes figure it out? hmmmmmm.....

Let me know what goes on in America's Elite, I don't have access to the comics!

Southzen
01-08-2007, 04:35 PM
The way I feel about the club is: I want vintage Joes or remakes in the RAH style. No new sculpts unless it is the membership figure; that one I have problem being a new sculpt.. in fact I like that one as a new sculpt. But the rest, I want old style. I doubt the 12" collectors want the new style 12" stuff instead of the vintage stuff.

Sonneilon
01-08-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't know what MOTH stands for either other than Master of the Hemisphere.

ender098
01-08-2007, 05:36 PM
I got 'em! Man, are they tight! Nice color, the plastic they are molded in is perfect. Not too flexible, not too stiff....check them out;

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/ender098/MOTHIII.jpg

I also got the Renegades. They;re awesome too!

LordRaven
01-08-2007, 06:03 PM
GAH! I WANT! Frank! If you can, get me a set! I really want em! GAH! Shippy! New Shippy! SHIPPPPPYYYY!!!!

ender098
01-11-2007, 05:47 PM
I GOT IT!! I GOT IT!!!

I wrote MasterCollector and got the Answer what M.O.T.H. stands for;

Hi Franklin,

Thanks for your e-mail and question. The acronym is spelled out in the last
set, which is a vehicle in our Operation: Flaming M.O.T.H. story. However,
it was not meant as a secret:

M.O.T.H. (Military Objective Targeting Helix) Satellite

Regards,
Dave@Mastercollector.com

I'm gonna repost this as it's own thread!

Lightning LA
01-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I really want to get all 4 set's,but at $20 bucks a figure (at member prices that is) that's a pretty steep price.And the look on Chuckles face is a little odd,and on the box his face reminds me of the Joker.