PDA

View Full Version : "NEWS" on 3.75" Wave4

Sonneilon
01-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Visit the JBL, yo (http://www.joebattlelines.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9235)

Wondering whether or not Wave4 is coming? LeoTDragon (fred) has the lowdown from Master Collector (who are in charge of the GI Joe fan club, officially). I've discussed this issue w/ TG and Shane; the fact that there has been NO in-package ebay auctions OR leaked pictures. For those of us in the game, that would indicate that the figures haven't even been mass produced yet. But as MC suggests, wait till Toyfair. We'll see. We'll see.

Outrider
01-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Not good news. It only adds to the growing feeling I've had for some time that Hasbro have cancelled wave four completely and it will never see light of day. :(

The Faceless Master
01-01-2007, 11:46 AM
hmm :cool:
when is Toyfair?

Lava Boss
01-01-2007, 01:57 PM
The figures, I suspect, will be made in some capacity, but not in the DTC format. They may wind up as a con exclusives or something other limited production run like that.

Toys R Us probably isn't interested in them. Not sure I could blame them, they did well with Star Wars exclusives. But post Xmas, significant DTC stock, much of it months old, still sits in some areas. If they want something from Hasbro, 3 3/4" GI JOE probably isn't it.

I could live without them, because I have for the past year. ;) I feel the same way about them I have the whole time. There's nothing outstanding about any of them. Falcon isn't worth $6 or $7...not sure he's worth $5 to me. The rest, marginally so...I sure would not troop build Night Viper at that price. There-in lies part of the failing of DTC, rewarmed and kitbashed figures at Star Wars prices (which are too high). When knock-offs have 4 or 5 figures for $5 or less and BBI's regular figures are only $5...only diehards are gonna buy DTC at retail.

Sonneilon
01-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I believe Toyfair is February or March but I could be totally wrong. Justin and Fred, I assume, will be going.