DrSyn
12-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Very, very nice.

Flatline
12-29-2010, 08:36 PM
some nice items kinda pricey though....

zedhatch
12-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice stuff, but agree some of the stuff is way overpriced ($5 for a blade, come on). Still $4 for a chair isn't too bad when you consider the work invovled.

Tracker
12-29-2010, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=zedhatch]Nice stuff, but agree some of the stuff is way overpriced ($5 for a blade, come on). Still $4 for a chair isn't too bad when you consider the work invovled.[/QUOTE]

yea agree about the prices , but also like you i think it's ok for the chairs

Dreadnok Dread
12-29-2010, 11:51 PM
something smaller is way harder to cast, but if you've been doing it a long time it should be cake. some of the stuff is way over priced though. isnt that the place that never ships or takes way to long. some nice stuff though. cant wait to get into casting myself.

tycondrius23
12-30-2010, 03:17 AM
I really really like the female viper/strato and crimson guard torso''s

SIC DETH
12-30-2010, 03:29 AM
I really like the Sci-fiction crates, but at $4.00!!! Wow!!!

roguetiger
12-30-2010, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Dreadnok Dread]something smaller is way harder to cast, but if you've been doing it a long time it should be cake. some of the stuff is way over priced though. isnt that the place that never ships or takes way to long. some nice stuff though. cant wait to get into casting myself.[/QUOTE]

basically all they are doing is taking orders TO cast when they do their casting for the month. It isn't done when its ordered like they USED to when they first started. They seem to think this way is LOTS better.

SIC DETH
12-30-2010, 11:35 AM
This is great for them but bad for the customer. You have to really be a fan of there product to indure such a wait.

Da Talent
12-30-2010, 11:46 AM
I ordered some crap in October and still haven't seen it.

Lt. Pinpoint
12-30-2010, 11:48 AM
I was looking at the body parts. I see a lot of potential for new characters, as well as some army building for Cobra. Great site

Dreadnok Dread
01-01-2011, 03:12 AM
[QUOTE=Da Talent]I ordered some crap in October and still haven't seen it.[/QUOTE]

thats all I her from peeps meng! why would i buy from em? Ill just be there competition in a couple of months when i start casting! :) yeh im an ahole! :D

seyms
01-02-2011, 07:38 AM
A lot of the dio items do look really cool, the chairs particularly.

Flatline
01-02-2011, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=Dreadnok Dread]thats all I her from peeps meng! why would i buy from em? Ill just be there competition in a couple of months when i start casting! :) yeh im an ahole! :D[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah I can't wait for that Ahole LOL!! :D

Hammerfel
01-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Here's some pics (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slayer-Design-Studios/135139163202321?v=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=1654354792790&set=o.135139163202321) of their upcoming dio pieces.

Prince Adam
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
That monitor is pretty sweet but I assume it'll cost abput ten bucks.

[QUOTE=Dreadnok Dread]thats all I her from peeps meng! why would i buy from em? Ill just be there competition in a couple of months when i start casting! :) yeh im an ahole! :D[/QUOTE]

We're gonna have to have a conversation about this, D, cause I'd love a good reason to throw together some dio bits to be casted. :cool:

SIC DETH
01-03-2011, 03:29 AM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]Here's some pics (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slayer-Design-Studios/135139163202321?v=wall#!/photo.php?fbid=1654354792790&set=o.135139163202321) of their upcoming dio pieces.[/QUOTE]
Looks great!!! Only if they would easy up on there shipping and timeline!!!
DD you being the artist you are, I cant wait to see what you have coming as well!!!

Push You Down
01-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Those consoles are going to be indemand. I hope they just go ahead and cast a few dozen from the get go.

Roland da Thompson Gunner
01-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Just what I need, books of the occult for my G.I. Joes!

Tri-Gate Dave
01-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Sorry the prices are to high for most. These are not mass produced, only produced by us, we do it all by hand, and it takes time.

We get back to anybody who has said there order didnt show, for over a year now we have been using delivery confirmation and not had many problems, if something got lost in the mail, thats not our fault.

The heads, blades, torsos, all custom sculpted, they are not repros, which would be easy and cheaper to produce. We really do strive to make the best stuff we can, at the best price. Molds do not last forever, and plastic is not cheap. Not every part you cast comes out perfect, there can be alot of waste, Been doing cast work now for more then 6 years.

We know alot wont like our system, our prices or just us in general, but for those that do, its what it really is all about for any company. We dont get 10 orders during our pre-order system, we get hundreds, and that takes alot of work to keep a store with over 1000 original parts going. We have over 2500 molds, you know what that is like sorting thru,it gets really tuff sometimes.

anywho sorry to hear some of ya not liking the prices and the stuff in general, we really thought we were bringing some much needed, better detailed parts to the community.

Tri-Gate Dave
01-07-2011, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE=Dreadnok Dread]something smaller is way harder to cast, but if you've been doing it a long time it should be cake. some of the stuff is way over priced though. isnt that the place that never ships or takes way to long. some nice stuff though. cant wait to get into casting myself.[/QUOTE]

small stuff for the most part is just as easy as the large stuff, its never about the size, its about the amount of time and plastic that comes in play.

Looking forward to seeing what you do, always room for more people to provide the community with more custom goodness. Really in the end thats what its really about, bring the best stuff we can to an awesome community, why wait and wish for the big company's,there are plenty of people right in the community that can do this.

Tri-Gate Dave
01-07-2011, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=roguetiger]basically all they are doing is taking orders TO cast when they do their casting for the month. It isn't done when its ordered like they USED to when they first started. They seem to think this way is LOTS better.[/QUOTE]

The pre-order really is better for us, folks were never happy when stuff would sell out right away under the old systems we tried. This way helps to manage our time and materials much better. We realize there is a longer wait then most want to have, but its the only way we can maintain doing this and keep our real jobs and family's happy.

We know we cant make everybody happy, we dont try to, we try and keep the ones happy that support us. Not saying we would not like more support, and more business, we would love to be able to just do this full time, and offer a quicker shipping turn around as well as cheaper prices, we can not go any cheaper, and still be able to do what we do. Over head sucks, but when you start doing hundreds of orders in a 6-8 week period, well its all you can do to keeep up, and still keep your real life bill paying jobs and family happy.

Dreadnok Dread
01-09-2011, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=Tri-Gate Dave]small stuff for the most part is just as easy as the large stuff, its never about the size, its about the amount of time and plastic that comes in play.

Looking forward to seeing what you do, always room for more people to provide the community with more custom goodness. Really in the end thats what its really about, bring the best stuff we can to an awesome community, why wait and wish for the big company's,there are plenty of people right in the community that can do this.[/QUOTE]

Im glad you have a positive attitude about stuff. honestly ive casted before but the materials were provided in school. so i dont even know how much stuff would or should cost in the end. do you guy reuse the plastic like for molds and such. if your making a big mold you can rework some of the scraps or shaving back into other molds to save money and not waste anything! :D id love to pick the brains of some of your artist to know what they use as material wise theres just so much stuff out there and everyone hypes about there own products! I think everything is a learning process especially in business you know! glad you guys figured out the shipping issues i will for sure order some stuff now! you right about waiting for big companies too, why wait. I mostly want to cast walls and backgrounds as well as mics and capes and diff helmets and shields! cheers bro thanks for the reply! DD

Tri-Gate Dave
01-09-2011, 09:08 PM
anything I can answer I will. Really we have no secrets, our deal is in our work, we really strive to make cool stuff, and put a shit load of detail into everything we do.

Everything we make is made in scale, and by hand.

Some of the sculptors use epoxy, while one uses a wax pen, while one other uses a mix of super scultpy.

As for using the waste plastic its a no go, its resin so it doesnt melt, now the rubber you can cut up old molds and add them to new ones to help in cutting down so much rubber used, not something I do. I just try and maxmize the amount of cast I get out of a mold.

Like i said anything we can help with to get ya started let us know.

Hammerfel
01-09-2011, 10:55 PM
I think your stuff looks awesome, especially the female Cobras. Cool stuff. I wish I was a better painter.

Tri-Gate Dave
01-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Hammer maybe we can get ya some stuff to practice your painting skills, we offer programs for admins of other sites that support our stuff. By support I dont mean just throwing a banner up, but checking out the product and using it.

We also would love some reviews done, already have a package of some stuff I am sending Zed, asked him over the tank to give me some honest crits, which I know he will.

We love all the feedback we can get it, helps us to know what we need to correct.

JoeDio's interested in maybe doing a custom contest hosted by SDS? If so we can do something like everybody who enters will get something, so some can try the product for free. Anywho I can get with Hammer and see if we can work something out. We love to be involved in the community as much as we can, we just dont have alot of time to be.

Tracker
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
thanks for stopping by your site has always been a good resource for custom and now dio items. hopefully we will start seeing more of your stuff here. I know I wouldn't mind picking of some chairs and consoles, but admittedly I will have to wait

Hammerfel
01-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Sounds awesome. I think I'll place an order.

dancontrino
01-14-2011, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=Roland da Thompson Gunner]Just what I need, books of the occult for my G.I. Joes![/QUOTE]
Hahahahahahahha! I would like a small issue of Coastal Living for Cover Girl to read while she's on the crapper.

Tracker
05-22-2011, 03:21 PM
there now more dios item with food stuf

http://slayerdesignstudio.3dcartstores.com/Food-items-118th-scale-Dio-Items_c_95.html

http://slayerdesignstudio.3dcartstores.com/Add-Ons-Accessories-Dio_c_86.html

SIC DETH
05-22-2011, 06:38 PM
yeah some cool new dio items!!!!

seyms
05-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Wow, some good stuff there.

sgcaper
05-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Great stuff. I haven't ordered under the new system, how's their turn around time???