PDA

View Full Version : Body Help

Reverend Blood
12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
I'm looking for a figure body that has a "suit" style of appearance that will work with 25th style heads. The only thing that comes to mind are the Comic Con Cobra commander, and Destro... and I don't see myself finding those within my budget.

So i'm wondering if anyone knows anything that will work. Marvel Universe, A team, Star Wars... I'm not sure how the Avatar figures head construction is.

Any help?

Agent Viper
12-21-2010, 11:40 AM
I think the A Team "Faces" figure has a suit

Otto the Otter
12-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Face has a suit, but it's open collar, no tie.

Slayer Design Studio has a torso that has a suit as well. The tie is a seperate piece and hangs from the nec just fine, but the jacket is molded on the torso, rather than being a seperate piece, so while the guy looks OK stangin straight up, he looks a bit wierd if the torso is twisted, like trying to line up Bazooka's numbers.

Too bad action figures are just that; "action" figures, based off of military or Sci-Fi people, but I guess no kid wants to play "George from Accounting," or "The Adventures of Mike, the District Attourney." (And Hasbro thought female figures were a hard sell!)

I think there are some of the cheaper lines that have suited figures, but how well they'll work with a 25th head or for customizing I don't know.

That Roc Destro, the one from the store, not the SDCC, does have a decent suit on him, you can swap out the legs for something without boots, and he's easy to come across at a good price.

Reverend Blood
12-21-2010, 03:14 PM
thanks. looks like i'm not the only one with the idea. all of the A Team figures are clearanced out except for Face, averaging about $30 from web retailers. lol