PDA

View Full Version : free computer editor

brasseagle6
12-17-2010, 04:14 PM
looking for a free computer editing program. Right now I am using Gimp. Just wondering if there is an easier editing program for free.

Gimp is ok but it has trouble with green screen. Using white poster board maybe different color would work better.

thanks

Prince Adam
12-17-2010, 04:20 PM
You can download a trial version of Photoshop from Adobe but its only good for 30 days or so.

GoCards
12-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Try www.paint.net

The BATman
12-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Because I never heard about this Paint.NET, I googled around a bit, and wow, I had no idea there were so many free image manipulation tools out there.

Judging by a limited sample of reviews, Paint.NET seems to be ahead of the curve for portrait touch-ups. RealWorld Paint.COM has filter-layers, a nifty PhotoShop-feature that didn't make it into GIMP yet (and which is the only feature I'm really missing in GIMP). ArtWeaver has great brushes, something I'm sure going to try out. And there are still others.

But all in all, for the kind of photo manipulation we do here, I still think GIMP is the best there is. If you want an easier program, you're also going to have fewer features. And if you want better greenscreening, you're going to have to pay for some PhotoShop magic.

brasseagle6
12-20-2010, 04:27 PM
What free programs are out there that will let you make the comic strips?