PDA

View Full Version : not been posting much

Tracker
11-25-2010, 06:26 PM
sorry I have been posting much i been working on bunch larp sword to make some extra cash but I'm done for now so i'm back

Black Knight
11-25-2010, 10:00 PM
You LARP? Wow... here I thought I was the only one who did that... I'm the "Arms Dealer" in my LARPing group... I make all the weapons.

Tracker
11-25-2010, 10:49 PM
cool what larp?

I play N.E.R.O Atlanta and have I sold a lot of reps over the years, at least since 98, so i guess that makes me a Larp "Arms Dealer" too :D

I've recently, just in last 4 years, started making reps like the ones below, otherwise I've made a bunch of the traditional round boffers.

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8489/clipboardr.jpg

oh BTW this is how much of a larp geek and joe geek i am

i made this a while back for my character

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8094/danielrsimminsfilecard.png

Black Knight
11-26-2010, 01:12 AM
We play a local LARP that a friend is creating... its called F.O.A.M. but I don't remember what it stands for... its like NERO and Amtgard put together. It has the combat system close to Amtgard with the RP aspect of Nero... its a lot of fun. The owner/creator is former Nero-Knoxville and Amtgard-Knoxville. The weapon guide-lines are stricter and thus a lot bulkier swords, so they don't look as cool as that, but its to be expected out of full combat.

Tracker
11-26-2010, 04:57 PM
ah ok will you be use the heavily added shield like Amtgard too

Nero-Knoxville you say? It's possible I've larp with you and your friend before if you did the regional event that was in Tennessee few year ago or played Nero ETN

Black Knight
11-27-2010, 12:11 AM
He's the Nero guy... I went to a "cave" event a couple years back, but thats about it.

The weapons are about 1.5 to 2 inches thick and about 2-3 inches wide... the shields are fairly well padded. I think its 3/4 inch of camp pad or something like that. (Haven't made any shields yet.)

Tracker
11-28-2010, 05:55 PM
ah ok well I never attend the cave events

f.o.a.m sound interesting. I've never made reps in that style.