PDA

View Full Version : Customizing vintage set to adapt to 25th or newer

Lt. Pinpoint
11-18-2010, 08:36 AM
In it's heyday, Hasbro has released many outstanding sets for the GI Joe line. These vehicles and playsets were the backbone of the GI Joe and Cobra forces. But we may never see them for todays line. Now, some of these are desent enough for todays line, but many are just to small. Take for example, the Cobra ASP... a great anti-aircraft weapon from teh '80's. In that universe, it was a great weapon that fit perfect with the figures. But now, it is too small. Legs keep the cage from closing properly, the head sticks to far out the top. All in all, the toy is pretty useless for todays line. Or is it? I have taken to trying to adapt it to todays line. And you can follow it at my web site (http://cobrahq.freewebspace.com/projects.html). I am pretty close to finishing it, and it looks like it will work.

Da Talent
11-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Would have been a hell of a lot easier to cut that floorboard out with a dremel and probably a lot safer too. You might want to think about investing in one if you have plans to make similar modifications in the future.

tycondrius23
11-18-2010, 11:24 AM
TBH the asp was outa scale even to old joes lol .great idea to mod it tho

Lt. Pinpoint
11-18-2010, 01:15 PM
I had considered a drimel, however I was concerned about scratching the side wall of the ASP. In hindsight, I think it would have been a better option.

turner
11-20-2010, 06:21 AM
That's genius man! Simple and small alteration, I would love to see Hasbro release the asp.

Lt. Pinpoint
11-25-2010, 06:47 AM
If they did that, then my mod would be useless, lol