PDA

View Full Version : How many times?

ender098
12-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Has this happened to you? You're all set to work on your dio story and the weather doesn't want to cooperate? After weeks of awesome weather (sunny, not too hot, not too cold, not too windy, I get this;

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/ender098/Imgp0292.jpg

Wind gusts in excess of 40 MPH, temperature 42 degrees and partly cloudy! WTF? I swear God hates me! The ONLY week I can get off wok to start on my Dio Story and I have this shit to contend with! That's it, I'm moving to Fiji!!!!!

Outrider
12-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Mmmm....cold weather. I dream of cold weather! Just once in my life I'd like to see snow fall. I'd also like to be able to walk outside at the moment without being instantly fried to a crisp by an urelenting b*stard sun. I guess it's a case of the grass always being greener on the other side etc...but I know what you mean Frank. Plenty of times a great pic idea has been postponed because of uncooperative weather. The wind is the most virulent enemy though, when it makes it impossible to get a figure to stand up for more than 0.5 seconds. :mad:

NemesisEnforcerFan
12-28-2006, 10:00 PM
[FONT=Lucida Console][COLOR=Indigo]Yeah Lol. When you spend 10 minutes posing and standing the figure.. sit up and position your self comfy with the camera... your finding your range.. and the figure falls over :mad:
That's happened to me plenty.. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Blowtorch
12-28-2006, 10:42 PM
This is funny because the dio story my son and I working on it was started when it was cloudy. For the past several weeks we've been getting sunny skies now that it's cloudy again we have snow on the ground. The weather never wants to cooperate.

Stormer
12-29-2006, 01:40 AM
I was waiting a few weekends to set up my dozens of figures for my "Ninja War" pics and when I finally got out there, the clouds rolled in and it started raining when I was about 4/5 finished (after a couple of domino-moments already). I had to throw everything back in the box and run inside, then wait another week and do it all over again!

G.I.*Jock
12-29-2006, 02:59 AM
I hate bad weather... But I hate it when it's too warm! So I'm quite fussy! The weather is very frusrating for me. Living in Scotland it's almost always pretty bad! Right now it just rains constantly, but I'm hoping for some snow for some pictures like last year! I really enjoyed taking those pics, I also quite like snow for some reason...

I remember one time taking photo's, I had a whole Joe armoured division packed with me to a quary. It then started to rain... It was a bit of a washout for sure... I was worried the rain would ruin my MOBAT's! :D

I got soaked pretty badly that night!

Outrider
12-29-2006, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=G.I.*Jock]Living in Scotland it's almost always pretty bad! Right now it just rains constantly, but I'm hoping for some snow for some pictures like last year![/QUOTE]

I'll take some of that rain, Dave! We have had one rainy night in the past three months. :eek: