PDA

View Full Version : building making tutorial......

roguetiger
11-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Someone on Joecustoms posted....http://www.009.cd2.com/members/how_to/nouaillier_a.htm shows how to build buildings out of foamcore for Dios.

sgcaper
11-12-2010, 01:48 PM
That is hands down the most amazing stuff I have ever seen made out of foam core. I will be trying some of these techniques, though I know they'll be no where near as amazing as his.

SIC DETH
11-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Thats insane!!! I wish I had that much time to put into a set!!! The scale looks to be 1:32 which is alot easier to do then 1:18. You can make a city street dio on a "12x6 inch piece of foamcore at that scale. This is amazing man thats for the info!!!

troopsofdoom
11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Amazing sets. I wish I had sets like that to work with.

The BATman
11-13-2010, 05:42 AM
[QUOTE=SIC DETH]The scale looks to be 1:32[/QUOTE]
The article speaks about 1:48 and 1:72. Indeed the results are amazing, but most of the techniques described in the article are not directly applicable for 1:18 modelling. Still great stuff though, of course.

Agent Viper
11-13-2010, 07:04 AM
The foamcore, does it have the layers of paper?

J_Man
11-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I guess I missed it on JoeCustoms. I was just browsing around over here to see what was new and happened to see this post.

That's really nice. It would be cool to figure out a way to gets stuff like this up to production level. Well as much as "by hand" could go, but it's obvious this is a huge undertaking and wouldn't be easy to take orders on. But if it could, this guy would have some nice stuff to offer up! There's some people that just wouldn't want to take the time for doing this.

roguetiger
11-13-2010, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=The BATman]The article speaks about 1:48 and 1:72. Indeed the results are amazing, but most of the techniques described in the article are not directly applicable for 1:18 modelling. Still great stuff though, of course.[/QUOTE]

There's a free hobby calculator that I've seen online that can do the math so you can make it 1:18th with a little work.

The BATman
11-23-2010, 04:51 AM
[QUOTE=roguetiger]There's a free hobby calculator that I've seen online that can do the math so you can make it 1:18th with a little work.[/QUOTE]
Well, there's a little more to it than just scaling up the dimensions. His micro painting, brick templates from old brushes, pigmenting... that's all not going to scale up to 1:18. You'll need different tools, different techniques, perhaps even different materials.

roguetiger
11-23-2010, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=The BATman]Well, there's a little more to it than just scaling up the dimensions. His micro painting, brick templates from old brushes, pigmenting... that's all not going to scale up to 1:18. You'll need different tools, different techniques, perhaps even different materials.[/QUOTE]
This is true but at least it gives people ideas on how to do it. Thats mostly why I posted it. I know it wasn't 1:18 but its still a helpful guide/idea. ;)

SIC DETH
11-23-2010, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=roguetiger]This is true but at least it gives people ideas on how to do it. Thats mostly why I posted it. I know it wasn't 1:18 but its still a helpful guide/idea. ;)[/QUOTE]
Thank you for posting because it has given me some ideas!!!!

The BATman
11-24-2010, 02:30 AM
[QUOTE=roguetiger]I know it wasn't 1:18 but its still a helpful guide/idea. ;)[/QUOTE]
True, true. As I said earlier, still great stuff.