PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Warriors: November/December

Nekoman
11-09-2010, 04:50 PM
I want to bring this back, Weekend Warriors. Joedios has been changing and I think everyone (including a lot of newer members) need to participate with more than just posting photos. We need to let loose and get creative again, and also take time to look around the site for shots to comment on. You don't have to say much to acknowledge a good shot!

With that aside, below are the weekends in November and the first weekend of December. I've decided this all on my own, so I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes:

November 12th - 14th: [SIZE=2]In-fights![/SIZE]
What happens when Cobras disagree with Cobras or when Joes disagree with Joes? Brawling amongst themselves of course. Show your ideas of fights within groups and armies.

November 19th - 21st: [SIZE=2]Training[/SIZE]
New recruits have got to train, so show them at it! Where are your figures put to the test, to see if they are worthy recruits?

November 26th - 28th: [SIZE=2]Stranded[/SIZE]
Time for your ideas of a pretty hopeless situation for a few guys lost in the middle of nowhere.

December 3rd - 5th: [SIZE=2]Behind the Scenes[/SIZE]
This weekend show the magic behind some of your shots, so that the rest of JD can observe and steal your cool secrets! I remember the last time we did this there were tons of interesting set-ups and tricks you normally don't get to see.

Hope those seem interesting to you guys. To anyone who posts or doesn't, really try to comment so it doesn't feel like a waste of effort to those who participate.

Hardball
11-10-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm glad you brought this up. I was just talking with Hammerfel the other day about bring back Weekend Warriors. And if you want to take the reigns and get this rolling again, I'm all for it. Great topic choices too! I really hope this takes off again.

ThinkTank
11-10-2010, 01:36 PM
I always try to get a weekend warriors shot up. It seems a little easier to get shot with a pre determined subject.

SIC DETH
11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Glad to see this back. I just hope Im able to partake.

Dreadnok Dread
11-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks this seems good! Ive been lost for a bit. The site is changing but it doesnt have to be for the worst. So I will participate and show the young bloods how we do it! :) thanks again! DD

Da Talent
11-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I've been missing this; I'm on board.

dancontrino
11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
I'll be there you lousy bacon thief! Now get me my hemorrhoid cream!

Crimson Pilot
11-11-2010, 05:31 PM
I should be able to do some of those. Lets do this! Hope you have some more themes.

pbarny1701
11-11-2010, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE=Nekoman]
November 26th - 28th: [SIZE=2]Stranded[/SIZE]
Time for your ideas of a pretty hopeless situation for a few guys lost in the middle of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

I assume pictures of me at work are not acceptable. :p

Black Knight
11-11-2010, 08:29 PM
This is great and after running Weekend Warriors for a few months in the past, its good to see it up and running again. I've been thinking about restarting it since it kinda fell when I gave it up (not saying my predecessors didn't do great at it, it just kinda lost its drive).

Anyways, its good to see it back and I'll be on board as much as I can.

The BATman
11-12-2010, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=ThinkTank]It seems a little easier to get shot with a pre determined subject.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I like so much about Weekend Warriors (and the short-lived alternative, Joe of the Week), it provides a focus, a starting point to find inspiration. It's good to see this back, I hope I'll be able to find the time to participate.

Scarrviper
11-13-2010, 04:24 PM
I loved weekend warriors, count me in. I just need to find the time to do it.

The BATman
11-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Only two pictures for the "Training" theme ? I can't believe nobody posted a scene with Sgt Slaughter or Big Boa !

cyko
11-22-2010, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=The BATman]Only two pictures for the "Training" theme ? I can't believe nobody posted a scene with Sgt Slaughter or Big Boa ![/QUOTE]
It was the first thing that popped into my head. But then I thought, "nah, everyone will be doing it." Couldn't come up with anything else.

sithviper
11-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Time was just not there for me to do anything for this past weekend

Scarrviper
11-22-2010, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=sithviper]Time was just not there for me to do anything for this past weekend[/QUOTE]
Same here.

Black Knight
11-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I work at Toys R Us... this is not a good time of year for me, but I'm trying to participate. Hopefully next weekend I can get a shot done since I have Thursday & Friday off school.