PDA

View Full Version : A Joedios convention...now that would be cool!

Outrider
12-28-2006, 11:39 AM
It will never happen due to our far flung locations and real life commitments, but just imagine how cool a Joedios convention would be. Swapping tips and tall stories, and actually meeting everyone in the flesh would be an awesome thing. :D

Sonneilon
12-28-2006, 11:51 AM
I think it'd be awesome. If there was enough time given, we could bring our own stuff in and show the world what's up with our own sets, pics, and battles. If only there was a way to pimp it at the JoeCon... A lil room with a big JOEDIOS.COM sign and all the members showing off the goods.

ender098
12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
I'll bring the spray paint, styrafoam, mini lights and the rum. Graham, you got the chips? Luis you bring some sandwiches and Craig can bring the cameras....;)

Ranger_22
12-28-2006, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I think it'd be awesome. If there was enough time given, we could bring our own stuff in and show the world what's up with our own sets, pics, and battles. If only there was a way to pimp it at the JoeCon... A lil room with a big JOEDIOS.COM sign and all the members showing off the goods.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I was thinkin! Have a name tag with your screen name on it!

Stormer
12-28-2006, 04:10 PM
I'd try to get my Cobra Commander costume (see user pic) from my ex if she's still got it somewhere...

Great idea - I just hope if & when it happens I can afford the time & cost to make it to the US! We'd probably have to club together to get Outrider up!

It'd be fantastic to get some practical demonstrations from the masters on here!

ender098
12-28-2006, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I think it'd be awesome. If there was enough time given, we could bring our own stuff in and show the world what's up with our own sets, pics, and battles. If only there was a way to pimp it at the JoeCon... A lil room with a big JOEDIOS.COM sign and all the members showing off the goods.[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting to go to the JoeCon, I just keep telling myself "next year, man! Next year!" That would be great if we all showed up and brought some of our Stuff (I need help packing up my Bridges!!!) But I dunno.....do you really want me and Shane in the same city? There are sooo many laws to break and only 3 days of convention! ("hey, when I looked at her through the bottom of my beer glass, she LOOKED 18!!!" ) LOL!

It would be a hoot! We could all get dressed up, have our own little room, hang out at night at Outback or Hooters and bullshit! Sounds like a great time!

Ranger_22
12-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Where is joecon?

Sonneilon
12-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Master Collector, the 'official' GI Joe fanclub, doesn't have a clue. Or at least, they aren't saying. The TF movie and convention take precedence so there's been a lot of talk about the JoeCon getting moved to a later date (end of summer instead of early summer). From their latest newsletter, they don't sound utterly excited by GI Joe in general.

ender098
12-28-2006, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]........they don't sound utterly excited by GI Joe in general.[/QUOTE]

Who does, except the fans?

Southzen
12-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Joecon is in Atlanta Sept 27th-30th with a 25th Anniversary Theme Con Set.

Fisher
12-28-2006, 08:22 PM
That's a pretty short drive for me, 4 hours, I think I shall plan on being there.

Sonneilon
12-29-2006, 08:33 AM
Wow Southzen, you're quick! I just read this morning that the JoeCon has been announced. If it were football season, I might just... Oh who am I kidding? I wouldn't go to a JoeCon unless it was in Seattle. lol. It's good that MC finally revealed it.