PDA

View Full Version : To everyone at joedios

footloose
09-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Tis I Footloose.
This past weekend i blew up.i heard some things about me and thought some things were going down, none of which are important now. things are cool now, things have been straightend out and i personally am at peace and have no hard feelings.
id like to apologize to the community for my post that was up very briefly saturday night. i barked out some things i shouldnt have said. i apologize to everyone and anyone that may have read that and been offended.
2nd id like to apologize for removing all my work from the site. yes i was ticked off enough i deleted 300 plus photos one by one. and yes i realize over some stupid bs, that couldve been handled differently. so i will repost them.. not all of them, but the ones i feel are worthy of reposting. i do not plan to do these all at once. there are alot of talented people here and i dont want to push everyone elses work aside, just so i can repost my old pics. not fair.

so im back.. away very briefly.. but back for good. looking forward to posting again. everyones feedback here means alot to me. this is a community i greatly enjoy being a part of and plan to be a part of for a long time. thank you all for having me and the inspiration you all give me

Agent Viper
09-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Why exactly did you delete your stuff? I enjoy going through your photos!

footloose
09-07-2010, 02:51 PM
i deleted them out of anger i guess you could say. i really never thought about how it would go over if i deleted them, and i apologize to you and everyone else for doing so. no worries. i do plan to get most of them back up over time.

SIC DETH
09-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Hey sorry to hear about your troubles. You take some awesome pics and I enjoying seeing them."BUT" you get carried away with your amount of post. Its not your fault,its the rules. I really think there should be a 3 pic limit with in 24 hours. Glad you are back just dont go glory crazy bro. Your work is great, not the flood.

footloose
09-07-2010, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=SIC DETH]Hey sorry to hear about your troubles. You take some awesome pics and I enjoying seeing them."BUT" you get carried away with your amount of post. Its not your fault,its the rules. I really think there should be a 3 pic limit with in 24 hours. Glad you are back just dont go glory crazy bro. Your work is great, not the flood.[/QUOTE]

i hear ya bud and i will take that into consideration for now on

rds13601
09-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Just want to say you are one of the best photogs here. There are many others too. Too numerous to name. This place would be at a loss without you John!! Keep the faith!! Russ

footloose
09-07-2010, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=rds13601]Just want to say you are one of the best photogs here. There are many others too. Too numerous to name. This place would be at a loss without you John!! Keep the faith!! Russ[/QUOTE]

thank you russ. i dont plan on goin anywhere. you can count on seeing plenty from me. im not going to flood you guys though.

btw.. im liking that avatar

Roland da Thompson Gunner
09-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Sorry if my "Hey man, overly dark photos that all look the same need to be posted!" comment caused you to get shook. It wasn't a shot at you personally, it was a shot at the fact that like 18 pictures got posted in about a day. They were probably all from the same session so they all looked alike.

Sic Deth hit the nail on the head.

p.s. I found your comment on my photo funny, you should learn to handle criticism better!

sithviper
09-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Wow...I go away for the weekend I miss all the "fun" :rolleyes: :)

footloose
09-07-2010, 03:55 PM
seems the biggest thing is just me overposting. seems like the biggest gripe so far. would it be better if i just start a thread whenever i post. since i generally post multiple pics from one shoot, maybe ill just post one in the photos section with a link to the thread the rest of the pics are in. that should keep me from overposting and keep the photos section from being flooded with alot of pics from one shoot.

footloose
09-07-2010, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=Roland da Thompson Gunner]Sorry if my "Hey man, overly dark photos that all look the same need to be posted!" comment caused you to get shook. It wasn't a shot at you personally, it was a shot at the fact that like 18 pictures got posted in about a day. They were probably all from the same session so they all looked alike.

Sic Deth hit the nail on the head.

p.s. I found your comment on my photo funny, you should learn to handle criticism better![/QUOTE]

look i can take it if youll actually post it on my work you are refering to. i aprreciate all the feedback i get. but when its just you dropping indirect comments in a thread or on your website, i dont take that as criticism. i take that as you blasting me behind my back cause you dont want to post on the work you are refering to. if you dont like a pic fine post your opinion on it. let me know what you thinks wrong with it. critique it if you want but say it to me and not to everyone else.

SIC DETH
09-07-2010, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=footloose]seems the biggest thing is just me overposting. seems like the biggest gripe so far. would it be better if i just start a thread whenever i post. since i generally post multiple pics from one shoot, maybe ill just post one in the photos section with a link to the thread the rest of the pics are in. that should keep me from overposting and keep the photos section from being flooded with alot of pics from one shoot.[/QUOTE]
You could just link them from another host site like photobucket. At least the ones that are similar, or just select the one you think are the best. Just add them in the replies.

footloose
09-07-2010, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=SIC DETH]You could just link them from another host site like photobucket. At least the ones that are similar, or just select the one you think are the best. Just add them in the replies.[/QUOTE]

i hadnt thought of that.. good idea... ill do that for now on

seriously guys.. i apologize.. i didnt know me posting that many pics was a problem. i was originally told by sonnellin i could post as much as i wanted in a day but no more then 3 at a time. so thats what i did. id post 3 wait for someone else to post and post 3 more. so for now on ill just do as stated above

rds13601
09-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Try not to be too thick skinned John. Ian is a good guy, I'd bet my life on it!! Hell I'll put my choppers on it!! Important thing is to understand you have a great gift and I too am envious. Be like Fonzie baby!! Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agent Viper
09-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Look at it this way John, we all have opinions, so we share them.

I'm far too jealous to make negative comments on your stuff because I like it that much.

So just relax a bit man, take a deep breath, and try not to blow our minds THAT much ;)

footloose
09-07-2010, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=Agent Viper]Look at it this way John, we all have opinions, so we share them.

I'm far too jealous to make negative comments on your stuff because I like it that much.

So just relax a bit man, take a deep breath, and try not to blow our minds THAT much ;)[/QUOTE]

daaaammmmnnn so sorry :). i just through some photobucket links on the pics i posted today.. theres more in the PTE photo as well as both the zombie pics.

Hammerfel
09-07-2010, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=footloose]seriously guys.. i apologize.. i didnt know me posting that many pics was a problem.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know it was a problem either. No one complained to me. Especially since your shots are so good!

Now if you were taking 73 pictures of JvC Snake Eyes standing on a coffee table with your camera phone, that would be a problem... :)

footloose
09-07-2010, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]I didn't know it was a problem either. No one complained to me. Especially since your shots are so good!

Now if you were taking 73 pictures of JvC Snake Eyes standing on a coffee table with your camera phone, that would be a problem... :)[/QUOTE]

you know i hope that would be a problem

footloose
09-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Sic Death, RTG, and Agent Viper i want to thank you guys for speakin up. i want us to get along. we all have talent and enjoy doing what we are doing. if im ever doing anything that bothers any of you. feel free to email me and lets talk it out.

pbarny1701
09-08-2010, 07:00 AM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]I didn't know it was a problem either. No one complained to me. Especially since your shots are so good!

Now if you were taking 73 pictures of JvC Snake Eyes standing on a coffee table with your camera phone, that would be a problem... :)[/QUOTE]

That sounds like it should be a contest! Who can take the worst clear picture!!!!

ToneGunsRevisited
09-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Mr. Fell needs to get some funds and get a psychologist working here at full time. Man I don't recognize this place anymore.

People should learn how to deal with anger and such things. Not only you 'footloose", but many here. Seems like a old chat over MSN could be used here. We chatted about a "me generation".

Hope things can settle back here or I need to come more to see at least some of them happening. I always log in after the things went bad.

neapolitan joe
09-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Welcome back, stay strong. Be Yourself and go on, over all.

footloose
09-08-2010, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE=neapolitan joe]Welcome back, stay strong. Be Yourself and go on, over all.[/QUOTE]

thank you NJ that means alot. ive been through alot of stress in my personal life in the last month in a half. sorry some of that got released here.

neapolitan joe
09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
There's no problem, this is a little community, a family.
If one of us has a problem, it's good thingh to talk about it between us.
When I have a problem or a stress, I use to read old Marvel Joes' comics.
Listen to me, take life easier!

Lowjacked
09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I have been monitoring the thread but haven't posted yet, so here it is. . .

First of all, you take really great pics, and your use of lighting is fantastic. You have your style you have mastered and that is great.

But when you come to the site, and 7 of the first 16 photos are by one person it grows tiring.

Think of it this way, I love a chargrilled steak with a teriyaki glaze, but If I ate it 5 out of 7 days a week I would grow tired of it fast. After that it would be a long time before I developed a craving for it again.

Give other posters a lil bit of time to get their shots up because what can happen is other persons photos can get lost in the flood.

To Hammer, I personally never said anything because their always seems to be so much drama going on around here, and I didn't want to add to your headaches.

Also, before I did that I would have owed footlose the courtesy of addressing it with him first.

I'm glad all is good now though, and I do look forward to seeing your pics mixed in with the other posters, just not in so much quantity at once. :)

footloose
09-08-2010, 04:05 PM
lowjacked.. i will only be posting 3 a day now... i generally post all 3 at one time, so if this is an issue for anyone please speak up and ill spread them out.

i never had any intentions of flooding peoples art work out. was mainly just excited bout getting my pics up and getting feedback. this site is great for that.

i do understand that to much is not a good thing, so like i said, i will not post more then 3 a day

btw.. thank you lowjacked for speaking up, it is much appreciated