PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth and Slayer

Cobra Freak
09-01-2010, 06:26 PM
So did anyone check these two awesome bands out this summer? Testament also played and they were pretty bad ass! Me and my friend went by our selves to the joe louis arena and it was one of the best shows I ever seen. Dave Mustaine is a god they sounded exellent! Our other friend was there with her mom and a few other kids and they had front row tics and they snuck me and my buddy in to the front row for Slayer!! :D

Dang my neck was killing me and I lost my voice but it was all worth it :)

snakeeater
09-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I saw the opening show of the tour a few weeks ago. I love Testament, so I was sure to get there on time. They were good, but the sound could have been a little better. Megadeth was the best band of the night with a really sharp sound and a perfect setlist (though you can't go wrong playing RIP in its entirety).

Agent Viper
09-02-2010, 12:15 PM
Nice. I wanted to go but unfortunately that didn't happen. :(

Otto the Otter
09-02-2010, 12:57 PM
I've seen these guys a few time over the years and they never dissapoint. Can't go wrong with the Big Four: Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and....I can't remember the other of the big four. Must not be a very memorable band, probably over rated anyway. Oh well, you can't go wrong with three out of the big four.

If you haven't checked out Iron Maiden's new album, it out and out will blow your mind. Very different sounding, yet familiar.

ThinkTank
09-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I got to meet Megadeth about 13 years ago. If you brought two cans of food for the local food bank when you got your tickets, you were admitted to a meet and greet after the show, which was quite good. I was impressed that they did something meaningful for the community and the fans. They were polite and chatted up my female friend, which we both thought was pretty cool.

Cobra Freak
09-02-2010, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=Otto the Otter]I've seen these guys a few time over the years and they never dissapoint. Can't go wrong with the Big Four: Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, and....I can't remember the other of the big four. Must not be a very memorable band, probably over rated anyway. Oh well, you can't go wrong with three out of the big four.

If you haven't checked out Iron Maiden's new album, it out and out will blow your mind. Very different sounding, yet familiar.[/QUOTE]

LMAO! I agree Metallica is overrated but i still like them :o anyways Metallica is like the gateway to metal kinda like pot is a gateway drug. I started listening to Metallica first and then I branched out to many other and more awesome bands.

Cobra Freak
09-02-2010, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=ThinkTank]I got to meet Megadeth about 13 years ago. If you brought two cans of food for the local food bank when you got your tickets, you were admitted to a meet and greet after the show, which was quite good. I was impressed that they did something meaningful for the community and the fans. They were polite and chatted up my female friend, which we both thought was pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

That is SO AWESOME!! I would kill to meet Dave!!

Sonneilon
09-03-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm having problems getting into the latest Maiden album.

And I've never been a Megadeth fan. Still not.

Testament, while I have some respect for them, I find kinda boring.

Anthrax, who I dealt with but never overly liked, I do find pretty boring.

Slayer, that's who I'd want to see. I love their latest album.

Cobra Freak
09-03-2010, 01:05 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I'm having problems getting into the latest Maiden album.

And I've never been a Megadeth fan. Still not.

Testament, while I have some respect for them, I find kinda boring.

Anthrax, who I dealt with but never overly liked, I do find pretty boring.

Slayer, that's who I'd want to see. I love their latest album.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Slayer was BADA** they rocked the place I was front row and I lost my voice screaming the lyrics to a few songs ;):D

But Megadeth was the best imo though. I would really love to see these bands all together again :cool:

Otto the Otter
09-03-2010, 05:43 AM
[QUOTE=ThinkTank]I got to meet Megadeth about 13 years ago. If you brought two cans of food for the local food bank when you got your tickets, you were admitted to a meet and greet after the show, which was quite good. I was impressed that they did something meaningful for the community and the fans. They were polite and chatted up my female friend, which we both thought was pretty cool.[/QUOTE]
I met them about fifteen years ago myself. I delivered some equipment to them when they were building htier new recording studio just outside of Phoenix. They were a good bunch of guys and I never got the a**hole vibe from any of them that some people (mostly those who are in the metalicrap camp) say they have. Dave and Dave were very cordial and took the time to talk music with me for a few minutes.

troopsofdoom
09-03-2010, 06:28 AM
I got to see them in July. My voice and ears weren't in very good shape the next day but it was worth it. Would have been perfect except Megadeth played A Tute Le Mond (or whater it's called). Never thought I'd get to see Testament, Megadeth and Slayer together, especially here at the edge of nowhere. They were the three bands I grew up with (and Guns N' Roses of course). Good to see some metalheads on here.