PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Intelligence Base question

Death_at_Midnight
09-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Greetings,

Question: if you were to bile a set to be used as a secret cobra intelligence base, who would lead it, man it, what sort of defense, and how many numbers of personnel?

Let's say the purpose of the base is not on the front lines... but more like an information center, gathering information from outposts around the world, or just around a region.

ToneGunsRevisited
09-01-2010, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]Greetings,

Question: if you were to bile a set to be used as a secret cobra intelligence base, who would lead it, man it, what sort of defense, and how many numbers of personnel?

Let's say the purpose of the base is not on the front lines... but more like an information center, gathering information from outposts around the world, or just around a region.[/QUOTE]
Leading it I would have Baroness and under her would have Tele-Vipers, Techno Vipers and Cyber Vipers. The security would be in charge of the CGs. But there would not be many doing security since it is a secret base. The defense system would be all sort of techgadgets. Lets say not more than 50 guys/gals working there so they could stay low profile.

Rambo
09-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Agree with Luis. His description is almost perfect. Maybe Overlord could have a role there since he is a former CG.

Urban Saboteur
09-05-2010, 04:43 AM
Hi
I think the guys are spot on here. Cyber-Vipers and Shadow-Vipers definately. Baroness would also get my vote. She's always been one of cobra's top personnel.

It would probably be like completely secret, maybe even a local business as a 'fake' business. If it was inner-city intelligence gathering but if we're talking somewhere remote, then probably underground or in the side of a mountain.

They'd probably use ATVs around the region have small scouts on the lookout to make sure that the perimeter stays secure, maybe even restrict the area as a 'covered research area' when really its a secret intelligence center for cobra.

In friendship

ender098
09-05-2010, 05:07 AM
Baroness definitely as the leader. Maybe Xamot or Tomax. As for troops, depends on the size. Since we're probably talking a ton of communications gear, definitely wanna have tele vipers and techno Vipers. A few Medi-vipers wouldn't hurt. For Security, again depends on terrain. Jungle = Jungle Vipers, snow= Snow Serpents, etc. I'd say for every 1 Tech/ Intel Person, have at LEAST 3-5 Troopers.

sgcaper
09-05-2010, 08:58 AM
I have a dio I'm working on with a Cobra Listening Post somewhere along the Amazon. It's manned by; 1 Cobra Officer, 3 Vipers, 1 Sniper, 1 Pilot, 1 Televiper, 1 Technoviper, and 1 Jungle BAT. They have 2 HISS tanks, 1 Trouble Bubble, 1 dirt bike, 1 Jeep, and 1 Cobra boat (a custom Devilfish).

I figure that lead characters like Baroness and such are used on a job to job basis. I don't have them in the field but on special missions.

Death_at_Midnight
09-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Very good suggestions.

A segment of my diostory, to introduce the tone of the whole story, has a number of segments. This segment involves the Steel Brigade raiding the Cobra intel site. The outside site will be desert, 100% CGI done. The inside will be a simple set of hexagon corridors leading to a central command room. Cobra troops are fighting to the death, and there's a lot of bodies. Cobra intelligence officers are in the command room, security doors the last defense. They are actively destroying documents. They will take suicide pills. One will be allowed to escape through the ventilation shaft where you will once again see my Tumbleweed custom. The Steel Brigade will make it into the room expecting another fire fight, but they just find destroyed computer terminals, burned documents, destroyed CD's and other equipment. Everyone is dead. The mission is a possible failure. It'll be up to NSA data forensic teams to see if they can recover data from damaged hard drives, crack encryptions, etc.

This will be a completely scratch built set with a lot of original props. I'll post later what I've been doing that will enable me to do my new sets.

Rambo
09-06-2010, 03:26 PM
It sounds 10000% cool Death. Can't wait for pictures.
How will you make 1/18 CDs, DVDs?