PDA

View Full Version : Gijoe movie , lets talk about the main cast who actor is going to be roadblock , duke

nando
12-25-2006, 03:55 PM
hey people i think that Terry Crews( everybody hates Chris ) is Roadblock , maybe his last name is Hinton , lol

Sonneilon
12-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Sorry, I wouldn't have Duke in my movie. I already had Terry Crews as Roadblock months ago...

nando
12-25-2006, 05:30 PM
Dominic Purcell ( Lincoln Burrows in Prision Break ) as Salvo ..... ,Eamonn Walker ( Zee from tears of the sun ) as Stalker., Cole Hauser as Grunt.

bluestalker88
12-25-2006, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=nando]Dominic Purcell ( Lincoln Burrows in Prision Break ) as Salvo ..... ,Eamonn Walker ( Zee from tears of the sun ) as Stalker., Cole Hauser as Grunt.[/QUOTE]
great idea!

how about Matthew Fox(jack on lost) or Colin Ferguson(Jack Carter on eureka) or Peter Krause(Joe Miller on the lost room) for duke

and

Roger Bart(The Weasel on the lost room) for tunnal rat.

for scarlett
Ashley Scott( Emily Sullivan on jericho)

I can't think of any others right now

Nick

nando
12-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Chuck Liddell ( UFC ) as Ripper , Catherine Zeta Jones as Baroness....

lehsreh
12-25-2006, 08:39 PM
[COLOR=Red]for hawk id pick Richard Dean Anderson from stargate and maybe the guy who plays tielk (or however thats spelt) as roadblock. catherine zeta jones would be a great baroness. either her or the lead singer from the pussycat dolls. my g/f just said angelin jolie as the baroness too. jackie chan for quick kick, i think thats who they actually had in mind. any fan of tekken might know that long was molded after chan. johnny nitro as hannibal. maybe john cena as duke. seeing as how i dont like either cena or duke. tony ja as storm shadow. as for cobra commander, it doesnt matter as long as they get the guy who did the old voice to to the talking[/COLOR]

nando
12-25-2006, 08:45 PM
maybe Sonny Landham (Billy from predator 1 ) as spirit

lehsreh
12-25-2006, 08:48 PM
[COLOR=Red]mmm. he would be way way to old now. he was kinda old in that and thats an old movie. i think your thinking kinda like me though,lol.[/COLOR]

nando
12-25-2006, 09:05 PM
mm you are right too old , maybe Adam Beach ( Windtalkers) as spirit ..

lehsreh
12-25-2006, 09:21 PM
[COLOR=Red]i cant think of anyone better at the moment[/COLOR]

nando
12-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Matt Schulze ( Vince in The fast and the furious ) as torch , Jordana Brewster ( Mia Toretto from The fast and the furious ) as Zarana , she is so hot.......

lehsreh
12-25-2006, 09:32 PM
[COLOR=Red]oh yes she is. but id like pink. i love her hard body. she has everything for zarana i think.[/COLOR]

ender098
12-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Ok, Before I weigh in on this, who all are we casting for? Who are the "core" Characters?

NemesisEnforcerFan
12-26-2006, 12:21 AM
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]I think the core characters need to be listed first and then suggestions should be posted next to them. I've actually posted below people's thoughts & Suggestions so far.. the best thing would be for people to either copy and paste the current list adding their own suggestions in or just to recreate their own list based on their own version of events. I'm going to have a think about my movie first.. and repost again later. I've chosen first suggestion as default.. for instance Duke had 3 suggestions but I picked the first one as an example only.[/COLOR][/FONT]

G.I.Joe Movie
G.I'SCOBRA'S
Flint=Joe FlaniganCobra Commander=Chris Latta (voice/o) Willem Dafoe
Lt.Falcon=Josh HartnettDestro=Daniel Craig
Scarlett=Ashley ScottStorm Shadow=Tony Jaa
Roadblock=Terry CrewsBaroness=Catherine Zeta Jones
Snake Eyes=Ray ParkFirefly=Kane Kosugi
Duke=Matthew FoxZartan=
Salvo=Dominic PurcellRipper=Chuck Liddell
Stalker=Eamonn WalkerBuzzer=
Grunt=Cole HauserTorch=Matt Schulze
Hawk=Richard Dean AndersonZarana=Mia Toretto
Quick Kick=Jackie Chan

Tunnel Rat=Roger Bart

Spirit=Adam Beach

Clutch=Jason Statham

Shipwreck=Bruce Campbell

Stormer
12-26-2006, 04:56 AM
Um, just thought I should point out Chris Latta can't do the voice of CC, as much as I'm sure we'd all wish he could, as he died in 1994.

I've seen a lot of these casting calls, I'm gonna have a think before I throw out any suggestions of my own. I do like Nem's idea of discussing which characters should be included, as it's VERY unlikely anyone would make a Joe movie with the entire Joe team and recognizable actors in all the roles! Maybe if they made it into a TV series instead...

Jay
12-26-2006, 09:59 AM
O.o

You guys are aware that Tunnel Rat is Chinese, right?

Nemesis Enforcer Fan, I would switch your choices for Storm Shadow and Firefly around. Firefly is Vietnamese (or at least born in 'Nam), and I would expect him to be more familiar with that area of Asia's martial arts, while Storm Shadow is a Japanese ninjitsu expert... which is what Kane Kosugi is too (considering his daddy is Ninja movie legend Sho Kosugi).

NemesisEnforcerFan
12-27-2006, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE=Jay]O.o

You guys are aware that Tunnel Rat is Chinese, right?

Nemesis Enforcer Fan, I would switch your choices for Storm Shadow and Firefly around. Firefly is Vietnamese (or at least born in 'Nam), and I would expect him to be more familiar with that area of Asia's martial arts, while Storm Shadow is a Japanese ninjitsu expert... which is what Kane Kosugi is too (considering his daddy is Ninja movie legend Sho Kosugi).[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]Hey jay thanks.. but those werent my suggestions.. those were everyone elses :o
I actually mention this in my post.. that I was merely trying to get some base to the thread instead of people just throwing names around willy nilly... :rolleyes:

Moving onto the actual CC thing.. I didnt realise CC's voiceover had carcked it.. thats a shame as his voice was cool.. and he done Starscream too didnt he?
There was actually someone on youtube or somewhere like that doing an impression he was very good at the voice.. either way.. I don't think the masked characters need high profile celebrities especially if they dont talk.. ala Snake Eyes.
The storm shadow and firefly thing I don't think were suggested here but discussed on the mailing list. If they are best the opposite way round then feel free to C & P them and edit them how you wish.

The base of the story line should be as usual.. cobra have a nefarious plot.. etc.. GIJOE are called to stop them from ruling the world.
What actually the plot or plan is?, thats down to the writer and obviously the knock on effect would be who would be involved.. and who would then play the main parts.
[/COLOR] [/FONT]

ender098
12-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Ok, here's my list so far...still missing the perfect people for a few roles.....

Hawk Kurt Russell

Duke

Stalker Eamonn Walker

Flint Christian Bale

Roadblock

Scarlett Sienna Miller

Snake Eyes Kevin McKidd

Lt. Falcon Mark Walberg

Tunnel Rat

Shipwreck Ryan Renyolds

Beachhead Eric Bana

Cover Girl Jessica Beil

Gung Ho Josh Duhamel

Cobra Commander Kim Coates

Destro Jason Isaacs

Xamot/Tomax Jude Law

Zartan Dominic Purcell

Zarana Sienna Guillory

Baroness Rachel Weisz

StormShadow

Firefly

Serpentor Clive Owen

Ripper Richard Tyson

Torch Matt Schulze

Buzzer Sean Pertwee

Ellen Page as Zanya

stormshadowisdeadly
01-24-2007, 01:18 PM
i'd pick brad pitt as duke. jackie chan as snake eyes and jet li as storm shadow. that big dude off the longest yard [cheese burger eddie] as heavy duty and pierce bronsan as general hawk, maybe someone some one quiet and pretty muscular for firefly like The Rock.

Sonneilon
01-24-2007, 01:52 PM
GI Joe casting

Hawk – Gary Busey
Duke – Val Kilmer

Jungle Strike Force
Falcon – James Marsden
Beach Head – Karl Urban
Gung Ho – Bill Goldberg
Roadblock – Terry Crews
Scarlet – Sandra Hess
Snake Eyes – Ray Park
Recondo – Elias Koteas
Sgt. Obsidian – Jake Busey
DialTone – John Leguizamo
Tunnel Rat – John Cho

Flint – Michael Biehn
Spirit – Adam Beach
Cover Girl – Talisa Soto
Stalker – Colin Salmon
Heavy Duty – Tony Todd
Grunt – Adam Baldwin
Barrel Roll –
Wild Bill –
Lift Ticket –
Mainframe –
Hard Drive –
Hi-Tech -

Greenshirts -

Cobra casting.

Cobra Commander – Gary Oldman
Destro – Jason Statham
Major Bludd – Ian Bliss (Bane of Matrix Reloaded)
Baroness – Monica Belluci
Storm Shadow – Colin Chou (Seraph of Matrix Reloaded)
Slice – J.J. Perry
Slash – Chris Casamassa

stormshadowisdeadly
01-24-2007, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]GI Joe casting

Hawk – Gary Busey
Duke – Val Kilmer

Jungle Strike Force
Falcon – James Marsden
Beach Head – Karl Urban
Gung Ho – Bill Goldberg
Roadblock – Terry Crews
Scarlet – Sandra Hess
Snake Eyes – Ray Park
Recondo – Elias Koteas
Tunnel Rat – John Cho

Flint – Michael Biehn
Spirit – Adam Beach
Cover Girl – Talisa Soto
Stalker – Colin Salmon
Heavy Duty – Tony Todd
Grunt – Adam Baldwin
Barrel Roll –
Wild Bill –
Lift Ticket –
Mainframe –
Hard Drive –
Hi-Tech -

Greenshirts -

Cobra casting.

Destro – Jason Statham
Slice – J.J. Perry
Slash – Chris Casamassa[/QUOTE]
pretty awesome list but ya need firefly for cobra or else the movie will suck

Jay
01-24-2007, 02:40 PM

Hawk – Gary Busey
Duke – Val Kilmer

Jungle Strike Force
Falcon – James Marsden
Beach Head – Karl Urban
Gung Ho – Bill Goldberg
Roadblock – Terry Crews
Scarlet – Sandra Hess
Snake Eyes – Ray Park
Recondo – Elias Koteas
Tunnel Rat – John Cho

Flint – Michael Biehn
Spirit – Adam Beach
Cover Girl – Talisa Soto
Stalker – Colin Salmon
Heavy Duty – Tony Todd
Grunt – Adam Baldwin
Barrel Roll –
Wild Bill –
Lift Ticket –
Mainframe –
Hard Drive –
Hi-Tech -

Greenshirts -

Cobra casting.

Destro – Jason Statham
Slice – J.J. Perry
Who the fudge is Sgt. Obsidian?

Sonneilon
01-24-2007, 02:59 PM
I was basing the movie off a fanfic I was writing over a year ago. Sgt Obsidian was a custom character. I was thinking, how do you get the audience to care about the movie? You need a character that people can remotely identify with. Most people can't identify with GI Joe so to bring in a newbie that has an open slate AND do the movie somewhat from his perspective, it'd work better than established chars that only the fans care about.

I'd like to use the 1st X-Men movie as an example. The writers couldn't just throw the team together and have the casual viewer be interested. So they wrapped the story around Wolverine and Rogue and gave them a relationship. Look at Doom or Aliens. Numerous chars but in the end, it has to center around someone. I don't believe GI Joe has the luxury of just throwing chars on screen and hoping the crowd will like it. They did that w/ VvV and you saw how far Link got with people. ;)

And I don't need Firefly. The 2nd half of the Joe list are 2ndary chars.

silentdusty
01-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Heavy Duty - Micheal Clark Duncan, Ryan Reynolds - Shipwreck, as for Duke or Roadblock, no one comes to mind right off. Ben Kingsley - Dr. Mindbender or Destro.
Gotta say Angelina for Baroness. It's hard to pick, so may Joes, so many actors to play them.

ender098
01-25-2007, 10:10 AM

Hawk – Gary Busey
Duke – Val Kilmer

Jungle Strike Force
Falcon – James Marsden
Beach Head – Karl Urban
Gung Ho – Bill Goldberg
Roadblock – Terry Crews
Scarlet – Sandra Hess
Snake Eyes – Ray Park
Recondo – Elias Koteas
Tunnel Rat – John Cho

Flint – Michael Biehn
Spirit – Adam Beach
Cover Girl – Talisa Soto
Stalker – Colin Salmon
Heavy Duty – Tony Todd
Grunt – Adam Baldwin
Barrel Roll –
Wild Bill –
Lift Ticket –
Mainframe –
Hard Drive –
Hi-Tech -

Greenshirts -

Cobra casting.

Destro – Jason Statham
Slice – J.J. Perry

Awesome Lineup. But I'd switch Duke and Flint! Maybe Bruce Willis as HAwk. ;)

Sonneilon
01-25-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm looking at a decent budget. To bring in real AAA actors, it'd drive the cost way up. Plus, I was thinking of Gary Busey's character in Soldier as the way Hawk would be. In the end, neither Duke or Hawk have much role in my story.

rds13601
01-25-2007, 01:42 PM
You guys came up with some great choices. For Duke, I would go with Michael Biehn from Navy Seals and Terminator. The others I will have to think about. Who has the live action movie rights? Does anyone know what the plot is about?

Dragonrider1227
02-04-2007, 02:48 PM
They should go the way of Superman and get virtual unknowns for the main characters.

lehsreh
02-04-2007, 02:55 PM
[COLOR=Red]i agree with that. i think thats what worked for star wars. it seems that lucas or spiberg, whoever does it, has always gotten unknown or not so popular cast, and its worked great.[/COLOR]