PDA

View Full Version : Bruder Toys

large64
08-30-2010, 06:04 PM
http://activetoys.com/trucfor310ye.html

Just wondering if anyone here has any experiences with this toyline? Best I can tell they are all 1:16 scale (could be wrong though).

dancontrino
08-30-2010, 06:13 PM
Awesome find! The municipal vehicles are sweet, but the container truck with forklift looks awesome! the scale looks about right, but i'm not sure either :confused:

Otto the Otter
08-30-2010, 06:30 PM
My people make some very cool stuff, but too spendy. I love the additional implimnets you can buy for the farm equipment. I love Eurpoean tractor trailers and those are some of the coolest. Funny that their devlivery trucks are DSL, here in the States they'd be FedEx or UPS.

The Jeep Wrangler towing a Cat Skidsteer is a bit much though. A few years ago U-Haul would no longer allow you to tow a mid size or larger trailer with a Wrangler because of the roll-over and ustability potential. I think a Skidsteer would cause a few probelms for a Wrangler.

dancontrino
08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=Otto the Otter]My people make some very cool stuff, but too spendy. I love the additional implimnets you can buy for the farm equipment. I love Eurpoean tractor trailers and those are some of the coolest. Funny that their devlivery trucks are DSL, here in the States they'd be FedEx or UPS.

The Jeep Wrangler towing a Cat Skidsteer is a bit much though. A few years ago U-Haul would no longer allow you to tow a mid size or larger trailer with a Wrangler because of the roll-over and ustability potential. I think a Skidsteer would cause a few probelms for a Wrangler.[/QUOTE]

The Germans obviously don't care about highway safety...they created the Autobahn :p

Death_at_Midnight
08-30-2010, 06:58 PM
I might have seen some of these in Thailand. They do have a lot more choices for 1/15, 1/18, 1/20, and 1/24 scale vehicles of all types. There was some like these at TRU there. Not sure who makes them. 1/18 construction vehicles remote controlled too.

DHL is popular in Thailand also. Large huge trucks there. When I get legal papers sent to me, they arrive in DHL.

Goldbug
08-30-2010, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=dancontrino]The Germans obviously don't care about highway safety...they created the Autobahn :p[/QUOTE]
They also created the safest car ... Mercedes. :p
DHL is the German equivalent of FedEx. They used to ship in the U.S. a lot. Unfortunately they had to cut back to international only.
I've seen Bruder vehicles at TJ Maxx/Marshalls.

dekkard
08-31-2010, 11:30 PM
They look great - it's a shame the doors never open.

Be seeing you

Dekkard