PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Expendables?

Agent Viper
08-21-2010, 08:21 PM
I saw it last night, incredible!!!

Nice tribute to the 80's action films of the past.

What does my fellow forum members think?

Death_at_Midnight
08-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Are they gonna make any figures?

Da Talent
08-21-2010, 11:42 PM
You were born in '94...........

Agent Viper
08-22-2010, 04:38 AM
[QUOTE=Da Talent]You were born in '94...........[/QUOTE]

That I was. But I have parents, parents that were in the 80's, they were big fans of the Schwarzenegger films (Commando, Predator, Total Recall) and of course everyone has seen the Rocky and Rambo films.

So since I was born I've seen a lot of these movies.

Agent Viper
08-22-2010, 04:38 AM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]Are they gonna make any figures?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.

SIC DETH
08-22-2010, 07:25 AM
[QUOTE=Da Talent]You were born in '94...........[/QUOTE]
Thats the year I graduated high school!!!
Thats cool that you are into movies from the 80's.

Agent Viper
08-22-2010, 07:28 AM
[QUOTE=SIC DETH]Thats the year I graduated high school!!!
Thats cool that you are into movies from the 80's.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you old buzzard :p

Thanks man, movies from the 80's and 90's were incredible.

Look at my avatar for my FAVORITE 90's film.

ender098
08-22-2010, 12:46 PM
The Expendables was ok. Fairly predictable though. Looks like they spent most of the money on muscle and forgot about plot and story writing. Like you said good homage, but needed some kind of plot twist or something. I dunno. Kinda like Predators. Something was missing!

Agent Viper
08-22-2010, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]The Expendables was ok. Fairly predictable though. Looks like they spent most of the money on muscle and forgot about plot and story writing. Like you said good homage, but needed some kind of plot twist or something. I dunno. Kinda like Predators. Something was missing![/QUOTE]

Yea, Predators was not nearly as good as the original.

lehsreh
08-22-2010, 01:33 PM
i loved it and would love to see a few more of them. its true it wasnt story driven but none of the 80's action movies were. what i liked most was how very different each character was. no 2 alike and yet they interacted perfectly with one another.

SIC DETH
08-22-2010, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]. I dunno. Kinda like Predators. Something was missing![/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Agent Viper]Yea, Predators was not nearly as good as the original.[/QUOTE]
Predator 2 was great also.

Sonneilon
08-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Chalk me up for 1993 for getting out of HS.

I figured it'd be a pretty shallow flick. I heard that Terry Crews and the UFC don't get much love.

And Predators, I understood that you hardly even SEE the nasty-faced, dreadlocked bastards running around.

I'll still get 'em when they come out on dvd. If DVD is still around in 90 days. lol

Agent Viper
08-23-2010, 02:37 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Chalk me up for 1993 for getting out of HS.

I figured it'd be a pretty shallow flick. I heard that Terry Crews and the UFC don't get much love.

And Predators, I understood that you hardly even SEE the nasty-faced, dreadlocked bastards running around.

I'll still get 'em when they come out on dvd. If DVD is still around in 90 days. lol[/QUOTE]

Truthfully Terry was my favorite character in it.

Couture was decent in it. If anyone is a fan of the UFC Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria is in it!

Sonneilon
08-24-2010, 04:50 PM
You want some real UFC fun? Check out Universal Soldier 3. You got a few guys tho the main bad guy is that russian bear dude. Very cool. Thing is, they seem to like to pound each other to death by punching. Still, it's a cool, mindless flick.

ToneGunsRevisited
08-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Due to what Stallone said at the SDCC about Brazil (and still has a debt here around 3 million USD), some people over internet are trying to mobilize others to don't get to the theaters for the movie. Stallone came to public to say how much sorry he is, but even so people still want to keep that boycott.

rds13601
08-24-2010, 07:10 PM
The movie complex at our mall is closed till spring for remodeling. WTF?

SIC DETH
08-24-2010, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]You want some real UFC fun? Check out Universal Soldier 3. [/QUOTE]
You want some MMA fun, check out Blood n Bone!!!!

Black Knight
08-24-2010, 08:30 PM
I loved the Expendables... it was very well choreographed and the explosions were on the verge of "Micheal Bay Style". The plot could have used some work, but I expected little from it and was given more than I expected, so I'm pleased... besides, the AA-12 scene was awesome.

Agent Viper
08-25-2010, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=Black Knight]I loved the Expendables... it was very well choreographed and the explosions were on the verge of "Micheal Bay Style". The plot could have used some work, but I expected little from it and was given more than I expected, so I'm pleased... besides, the AA-12 scene was awesome.[/QUOTE]

"Put this on yo Christmas list"!

Death_at_Midnight
08-25-2010, 04:10 PM
It was most amusing.

Sonneilon
08-26-2010, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=SIC DETH]You want some MMA fun, check out Blood n Bone!!!![/QUOTE]

There's a difference tween MMA and UFC?

Lowjacked
08-26-2010, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]There's a difference tween MMA and UFC?[/QUOTE]

Thats's not what he's saying. "Universal Soldier 3" was okay at best, but "Blood-and-Bone" had some of the best fight scenes to come out in the past decade. It stars Micheal Jai White (who should've been in the expendables ) along with many recognizable MMA fighters such as Bob Sapp and Kimbo Slice. Every opponent that White fought was bigger and stronger except the last.

Expendables was exactly what I expected it to be, which was a film that had just enough plot in it to give Stallone and his cast a reason to kick @$$ and blow s#!% up. For that reason alone it was a good film.

SIC DETH
08-26-2010, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]There's a difference tween MMA and UFC?[/QUOTE]
No the UFC is just a mma league. They dont allow there fighters to fight in other organizations. So when I say MMA action, I was speaking of stars outside of the UFC. Alot of people think the UFC is MMA and there is nothing else. MMA is bigger than the UFC.

Arashikage 39
08-26-2010, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=SIC DETH]No the UFC is just a mma league. They dont allow there fighters to fight in other organizations. So when I say MMA action, I was speaking of stars outside of the UFC. Alot of people think the UFC is MMA and there is nothing else. MMA is bigger than the UFC.[/QUOTE]

Truth, haha. I miss Pride...

Agent Viper
08-26-2010, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=Arashikage 39]Truth, haha. I miss Pride...[/QUOTE]

Pride is still going, not nearly as known though

Arashikage 39
08-26-2010, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=Agent Viper]Pride is still going, not nearly as known though[/QUOTE]

Dream is the spiritual successor or whatever you want to call it to Pride, but Pride is definitely gone, sold to the UFC. And everyone from that organization has scattered plus the majority of them are getting up there in age so that eras fighters are fading away.

Sorry to deviate from the topic, this movie looks freaking awesome and I can't wait for it to come out on DVD... The reason for that is all the loud/snobby/irritating/annoying teenagers that frequent the theaters near me.

Rambo
09-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Finally had the chance to watch the movie. I would had loved to watch it at theaters but it wasn't showed here locally.

GREAT action movie. Never expected the end. 5 stars. #1 and the best. Elite.

neapolitan joe
09-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Awesome movie, bellissimo!

Strider1147
09-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I just saw it last night and it was AMAZING!!!!!! It def. made my top ten. Story line was pretty weak but the action was KILLER!!!!!!! :D