PDA

View Full Version : My PTE Concern

Tracker
08-19-2010, 06:54 PM
I really like the PTE stuff but i read something on the package today that has me a little concerned now granted i don't plan to eat them but....

Not to bring up the lead scare again, but has anyone noticed the lead disclaimer on the packages that says:

Warning: Conatins Lead
Maybe harmful if eaten or chewed
May generate dust containing lead

I see it on the swat package and the FAV package I haven't checked the others yet. Also it doesn't specify if it the ink on the package, or the toys, or the twist-ties inside the package.

Has anyone done a lead test on the toys?

I assume there safe as these are on the self after the new lead law was passed.

Tracker
08-19-2010, 07:25 PM
Ok just found this on Hiss Tank make me feel a little better hat it just California state paranoia not is disrespect and Californians here .....just your laws

[QUOTE=Siegie1129;1899671]I kinda jumped the gun on the lead paint issue. I emailed Big Lots corporate about the Lead paint issue and got the following response:
Thank you for contacting Big Lots. This particular label you are referring to is only intended for use on product in the state of California. This is required to comply with their disclosure laws (Prop. 65). The label was not intended to be used on products outside of CA and should have been removed. Any lead contained within this product is well within acceptable levels according to Federal Law and it also passes the stringent Consumer Product Safety Commission guidelines. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Big Lots Customer Care

So it doesn't look like this is a big deal, just a CA legislative thing.
Thought I'd let you all know[/QUOTE]

Death_at_Midnight
08-19-2010, 09:55 PM
It still does sound like a concern to me. Does it have lead? Yes? No? If yes, then the label. If no, then why the label?

If no, then the law for the label becomes an issue of crying wolf.

Lava Boss
08-20-2010, 05:09 AM
You' should probably be more concerned about what's in your hamburger.

Wash the stuff in mild detergent, don't eat or chew on it or grind it up and sniff it.

Someone suggested it might be the paint.

zedhatch
08-20-2010, 06:06 AM
You probably shouldn't eat or chew it.

battlewagon
08-20-2010, 09:19 AM
that sucks, I wouldn't want brain damage. maybe it's a good thing I don't have these toys.

Death_at_Midnight
08-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Hehe! Wear protective hazmat suits before handling these toys. ;-)

Oh, and maybe write out a last Will.

Dreadnok Dread
08-20-2010, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=Tracker]I really like the PTE stuff but i read something on the package today that has me a little concerned now granted i don't plan to eat them but....

Not to bring up the lead scare again, but has anyone noticed the lead disclaimer on the packages that says:

Warning: Conatins Lead
Maybe harmful if eaten or chewed
May generate dust containing lead

I see it on the swat package and the FAV package I haven't checked the others yet. Also it doesn't specify if it the ink on the package, or the toys, or the twist-ties inside the package.

Has anyone done a lead test on the toys?

I assume there safe as these are on the self after the new lead law was passed.[/QUOTE]

If its sold in the states its good! trust me i have to go through loop holes with my screen printing business! they make sure everything is 1/100,000,000 parts! it should be good! all the stuff i use says it would kill you in california! maybe i shouldn't sell t-shirts to cali! they will magically turn toxic and well you know! lol

rds13601
08-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Well it can't worsen the brain damage I already have.

SIC DETH
08-20-2010, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]You' should probably be more concerned about what's in your hamburger.

Wash the stuff in mild detergent, don't eat or chew on it or grind it up and sniff it.

Someone suggested it might be the paint.[/QUOTE]
So True

Rambo
08-20-2010, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=rds13601]Well it can't worsen the brain damage I already have.[/QUOTE]

LoL!

footloose
08-20-2010, 06:02 PM
whats PTE

rds13601
08-20-2010, 06:11 PM
PTE is an acronym for Power Team Elite. It is a line of military, police and firefighter figures and vehicles. They are available at Big Lots. They make M-! tanks, Humvees, Seal jeeps, Chinese tanks, APCS, Helicopters and sets. They are cheaper than BBI or 21st Century figures and vehicles yet they are very good at making realistic Vehicles and figs. Check out the reviews section to see their stuff.

Flatline
08-20-2010, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss] don't eat or chew on it or grind it up and sniff it..[/QUOTE]

:( Uh Oh to late......

Otto the Otter
08-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Putting that warning on there as pre-emptive warning is sorta like how Wal*Mart puts explicit lyrics warning lables on everything rap or Heavy Metal. Iron Maiden has one song on a studio album that contain profanity (out of fifteen studio albums) and Wal*Mart put explicit warning lables on everyone of their CDs.
But that's California for you; telling you how dangerous everthing is for you in California yet the rest of the states have the same items an seem to not have any more health issues.

Tracker
08-20-2010, 08:47 PM
yea i once had a pack of gum form Ca. that said" this product has a chemical has been shown to cause caner in lab mice".

i wasn't worried then.. and know that i know that the lead waring label is just a Ca thing in not concerned much.

roguetiger
08-20-2010, 09:13 PM
[QUOTE=battlewagon]that sucks, I wouldn't want brain damage. maybe it's a good thing I don't have these toys.[/QUOTE]

Your missing a GREAT addition for military vehicles for your Joe's and Cobra's.