PDA

View Full Version : joe dios and great memories

lehsreh
08-18-2010, 11:46 AM
just though we all should share a few good memories that came about due to joedios. without going into a lot of details, because i know i have a lot here are a few.

joedios was a great influence on my happiness for the last few years. i found a place with people who still loved joe as much as i did even if we loved different ones and different aspects like cartoon and comics. it has been years of bliss for me and i think its mainly due to joedios. i had a g/f, a few jobs that although didnt pay well kept me up with my joe wants and needs. i remember working the whole week and looking forward to me days off so i could do dios. even at work i would write my stories for my days off. i remember my first, a country boy can survive". it was great to work on my dreams and see them come to life. i still have a picture of me and my ex during my first ever shoot. she was in misery because of the hot weather but i was a kid again and as happy as i could be.
my every waking moment was filled with thoughts of joes. making a list of what was coming out to buy would get me excited like a 12 y/o at christmas. watching the old cartoons over and over and over again. when i wasnt working and working on my dios i would spend the entire day reading the comics because i had never read them before. i remember sitting at the desk reading as the sun came through the window. i would read and see the time was getting close for my g/f to be getting off from school, i would pray that she would go help her grandmother so she wouldnt call so i could read more,lol. what kind of guy does that... a happy one.
i have fund memories of my christmas dios as well. i remember shooting the first with beach head. i was doing it inside because it was winter and i could use props, in the background i could hear tim mcgraths darkplace playing on adult swim. to this day when i do something for christmas and dios i go to youtube and play it. i dont like the show, but it was part of a happy memory.
i remember every dio i did as a fund memory and always will. ive since slacked greatly, but hopefully i can get back into the swing of things and make many more great memories. hopefully people like matt and others from his generation will stick around and pick up to give us something to pass on. thinking of these recently is what has gotten me to ask this, what are your memories either with pictures or dio stories. i wish we could ask outrider what his was, im sure he would have plenty. but though we may never know what his were, we know that he was apart of our fun memories. for i know each and every time i started a dio i would think how great they would be if i had his talent.

Otto the Otter
08-18-2010, 12:54 PM
I've been unemployed for just over a year now and I can say that shooting these pictures has helped with my sanity. I've always been an artistic person and sometimes need to let my creativity flow, and this is a great outlet.

I've got stories in my head that I've tried to write out, but doing these stories has added that extra little something to make them come to fruition.

Granted, lately I haven't taken many pictures because it is just too bloody hot outside and when it get real hot like this, my frustration level begins to rise and makes it not be fun anymore.

My favorite memories of my current involvement with Joes is when I find some of the stuff I always wanted as a kid but could never afford and noiw I can have it in my hands.

The community is great as well. I haven't bumped heads with anyone and am glad that I've found a group of people who share my interest without getting all bent out of shape over a differeing opinion (one of the main reasons I haven't been on a Star Wars site in a long, long time).

I'm glad to have met a few of my fellow enthusiests in person and found them to be the same good people that they appear to be on line. Some folks I haven't met yet, but really hope I get to some time (hope to be starting a new over the road truck driving job, maybe I'll find my way to Camp Pendleton or Plymouth, MA).

I'm glad I found this site. I've defiantely spent a lot of money I don't have on Joe stuff, but it's worth it to me to be a member of this community.

Lowjacked
08-18-2010, 01:59 PM
I would say some of my fondest memories of the site was before I ever joined back in 2008. I was bored in class one day and shopping on Ebay when I decides to search GI Joe. Lo and behold I saw all these figures and vehicles that popped up up that I either had as a kid or wanted and never got. A further search on Google would bring up a lot of Joe collector and fan sites. JoeDios was one of a few I found myself coming often and would look at the pictures in amazement. I remember being afraid to sign up because I knew there was no way I could do some of the things I saw being done with these little plastic toys. One of my favorites was Self-Modifiers GI Joe and Transformer crossover as I am an equal fan of both. It would be two years of me coming to this site before I would muster enough guts to try doing my own dio shots.

dancontrino
08-18-2010, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=Otto the Otter]I've been unemployed for just over a year now and I can say that shooting these pictures has helped with my sanity. I've always been an artistic person and sometimes need to let my creativity flow, and this is a great outlet.

I've got stories in my head that I've tried to write out, but doing these stories has added that extra little something to make them come to fruition.

Granted, lately I haven't taken many pictures because it is just too bloody hot outside and when it get real hot like this, my frustration level begins to rise and makes it not be fun anymore.

My favorite memories of my current involvement with Joes is when I find some of the stuff I always wanted as a kid but could never afford and noiw I can have it in my hands.

The community is great as well. I haven't bumped heads with anyone and am glad that I've found a group of people who share my interest without getting all bent out of shape over a differeing opinion (one of the main reasons I haven't been on a Star Wars site in a long, long time).

I'm glad to have met a few of my fellow enthusiests in person and found them to be the same good people that they appear to be on line. Some folks I haven't met yet, but really hope I get to some time (hope to be starting a new over the road truck driving job, maybe I'll find my way to Camp Pendleton or Plymouth, MA).

I'm glad I found this site. I've defiantely spent a lot of money I don't have on Joe stuff, but it's worth it to me to be a member of this community.[/QUOTE]
I can get you a job with the local Teamsters:)

Self-Modifier
08-18-2010, 06:58 PM
[QUOTE=Lowjacked]One of my favorites was Self-Modifiers GI Joe and Transformer crossover as I am an equal fan of both.[/QUOTE]Wow, I really appreciate the compliment, Lowjacked!

I don't post here as much as I used to, but I still drop by pretty much every day to look at pictures. Some of my own fond memories of this site include:

Finding the site because I had ripped a bunch of background music from the Joe cartoon DVD's, and the free hosting service I posted it to couldn't handle the demand. Hammerfel offered to host the music, so I joined up as one of the very first members here.

Posting my Joe/Transformers work and getting feedback on it was always fun. The whole thing started as a few random "what if" pages, but the response I got here prompted me to turn it into a real story (the fact that I went back to "fill in the blanks" is why the first section of the dio is kind of choppy). I also enjoyed posting in some of the earliest theme weeks.

But what I've really enjoyed over my five-plus (!) years here has been seeing the work of everybody else! I've never thought I was a great photographer (though at the risk of tooting my own horn, I do think I can stage a scene well, and write pretty good dialogue), and so many people here put my work to shame! The lighting the sets, the customs -- so many JoeDios photogs have such talent, that it's really a pleasure to come look at the pictures every day. I'd name names, but I know I'd forget someone and feel bad about it.

Anyway, that's what I've got.