PDA

View Full Version : Question For You Dioramaers!

Agent Viper
08-16-2010, 04:50 PM
I am wanting to build a concrete bombed out building, just wondering WHAT to use for it.

I am thinking going with Styrofoam for it. But I'm kinda wanting to get a expert opinion before I start working.

samsallspark
08-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Foam Core, or a Cast mold for a wall are your 2 best bets, it all depends on what you want to spend.

Death_at_Midnight
08-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Agreed about the foam core. And also spackling paste--i.e. plaster of paris. The fine scale modeling magazines are great sources of how-to and what materials are out there for a convincing look.

Dreadnok Dread
08-18-2010, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Agent Viper]I am wanting to build a concrete bombed out building, just wondering WHAT to use for it.

I am thinking going with Styrofoam for it. But I'm kinda wanting to get a expert opinion before I start working.[/QUOTE]

I have a tutorial exactly on that on flickr u believe in here as well! Somewhere in the how to section.

SIC DETH
08-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I use styro foam but its not easy to work with. I have destroyed alot of peices before I learned to not over cut it. The smaller the foam balls the better (meaning tighter styrofoam). large foam balls will look to much like styro foam and will require alot of paint. Never spray paint styro foam it only melts it.