PDA

View Full Version : POC TRU Exclusive figures

ender098
08-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I just went to TRU and found the Spirit and Quick Kick POC figures. Is it me or Does Spirit look like Billie on Predator? I mean even his gun he comes with is the M-16/shotgun over/under Combo Billie had in Predator! And Quick Kick Looks like Dragon Han from the 1980's The Corps line!

rds13601
08-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Noticed that with others saying the same thing. Was shocked when I saw the over under combo and the machete. Sic Deth also pointed out that there's a figure that looks like Dutch from the new Jurrasic Park line. The new Recondo would look great with a gatling gun system. Paint Wave 1 Firefly in Predator monster colors with his helmet: add some ninja claws and you got some Predator figs!

Rambo
08-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Hasbro said once that their designs are influenced by the Pop culture.

Otto the Otter
08-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Yeah, a lot of people have been commenting on his resemblance to Billy. I think he has a more intense look on his face like Billy as well. I just got one via eBay and I can't wait to see him. I like the 25th version of Spirit, so PoC Spirit may become a new character, maybe Dart.
A lot of people have been making the comparison of QK with Bruce Lee. He has the "Enter the Dragon" look including the the scars on his chest. If you look at the designes on his jacket, one of them looks like the old "Now with Kung Fu Grip" logo.

Goldbug
08-14-2010, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=ender098]I just went to TRU and found the Spirit and Quick Kick POC figures. Is it me or Does Spirit look like Billie on Predator? I mean even his gun he comes with is the M-16/shotgun over/under Combo Billie had in Predator! And Quick Kick Looks like Dragon Han from the 1980's The Corps line![/QUOTE]

:eek: Where have you been!? :D
The other upcoming PoC resemble Predator characters too.

Agent Viper
08-15-2010, 01:03 PM
I believe awhile back Hasbro said their basing Spirit off Billy and Qui9ckkick off Bruce Lee.

Another Duke expected to be releaed I believe later this year bears a resemblence to Major Duth Schaeffer (Schwarznegger's character during Predator).

I'm praying for a Blain character (Recondo?)

samsallspark
08-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Next years Duke comes with the pulse rifle from Aliens! (The designers put plenty of easter eggs in the line).

Death_at_Midnight
08-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Why they base a Joe off Billy? I mean, the guy died. Not much of a hero if the figure is based on a dead character.

Agent Viper
08-16-2010, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]Why they base a Joe off Billy? I mean, the guy died. Not much of a hero if the figure is based on a dead character.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess he was the coolest looking Native American hardass they could think of.

General Scarlett
08-16-2010, 05:14 PM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]Why they base a Joe off Billy? I mean, the guy died. Not much of a hero if the figure is based on a dead character.[/QUOTE]
Because even 'dead', Billy is a HOT commodity in the Joe world. And if they appease the fan base with a 'pseudo' Spirit (who sports heavy 'Billy' features), it opens up the customizing world.

I just went and made my own back when the ME/25th/early 'Resolute' line came out:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/PrncsLeia/GI%20Joe%20Pictures/DSC05346_edited.jpg

ender098
08-16-2010, 05:23 PM

Yeah, but he went out with style! Blocking the log bridge and going blade to blade with a Predator....good stuff! Just wish they would have shown it!

I know one of the Customizer sites has heads that look like Dutch, Billy and Blain. Can't remember if it was Broken Arrow toys or trigate creations! I got the Dutch head and put it on a Major Barrage body! Looks pretty cool!

pinoyronin
08-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Slightly OT, but have you noticed ROC Bench Press and ROC Duke (Desert Ambush) look like Mack Gerhardt and Bob Brown, respectively, from the TV show, "The Unit"?

Roland da Thompson Gunner
08-18-2010, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Because even 'dead', Billy is a HOT commodity in the Joe world. And if they appease the fan base with a 'pseudo' Spirit (who sports heavy 'Billy' features), it opens up the customizing world.

I just went and made my own back when the ME/25th/early 'Resolute' line came out:

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/PrncsLeia/GI%20Joe%20Pictures/DSC05346_edited.jpg[/QUOTE]

Methinks you've never seen the movie Predator

rds13601
08-18-2010, 08:06 AM
The next wave of figs. Recondo. Dusty etc,; is set to hit the American public roughly around September 1st. That is according to Big Bad Toy Store. I pre orderd the next wave from them.

General Scarlett
08-18-2010, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=Roland da Thompson Gunner]Methinks you've never seen the movie Predator[/QUOTE]

Actually, several times....thanks ;)

PoC 'Spirit' is potentially 'G.I. Joe *Billy*' material....as has been discussed on other boards.

SIC DETH
08-18-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm confused here by your pic? Looks to be a picture of billy CC's son? The topic is of Billy from the pred movies. I think this is why Roland doesn't understand where you are coming from neither do I.[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Because even 'dead', Billy is a HOT commodity in the Joe world. And if they appease the fan base with a 'pseudo' Spirit (who sports heavy 'Billy' features), it opens up the customizing world.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o47/PrncsLeia/GI%20Joe%20Pictures/DSC05346_edited.jpg[/QUOTE]

Django
08-18-2010, 11:46 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/django60617/1120330742_1713762438_Biography-Biography-BillyBob-Thornton-Success-97191706001.jpg

Haven't seen Predator?

Sonneilon
08-18-2010, 12:02 PM
It was at one of the roundtables with Hasbro that they said that they were doing a Predator-based idea. Not a full theme, but just playing with some ideas. I don't have a link for it anymore but I'm guessing if you were to look around at the ToyFair or ComicCon, then you'd find it.

Otto the Otter
08-18-2010, 12:23 PM
I don't know that I can think of a better set of guys that would fit within the Joe mythos. If you think about it, those guys looked like Joe characters, you could tell they were military, but had their own interpretation of the uniform.

Agent Viper
08-18-2010, 03:06 PM
I've been shopping around the internet for Spirit, still no luck.

But some more Predator References:

Duke with the Alien rifle looking thingy, he resembles a blond Dutch.

Recondo might pass as Blain.

I'd really like a Mac looking character (possibly Roadblock).

Sonneilon
08-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah, hard to say how one would do a Mac and Dillion figure. And don't forget about the duder with glasses!

Personally, I always thought the crew from Doom would work well as Joes or vice versa. Course, I'm the guy who does sci-fi/horror diostories so...

SIC DETH
08-18-2010, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Yeah, hard to say how one would do a Mac and Dillion figure. And don't forget about the duder with glasses!

Personally, I always thought the crew from Doom would work well as Joes or vice versa. Course, I'm the guy who does sci-fi/horror diostories so...[/QUOTE]
You're ghostin' us, motherfucker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk312/Nutsnyomowf/008-1.jpg

ender098
08-18-2010, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=SIC DETH]You're ghostin' us, motherfucker. I don't care who you are back in the world, you give away our position one more time, I'll bleed ya, real quiet. Leave ya here. Got that?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk312/Nutsnyomowf/008-1.jpg[/QUOTE]

OMG! That is too Funny! Recondo V4 http://yojoe.com/action/04/recondo4.shtml kinda looks like Hawkins or Pancho.

Sonneilon
08-18-2010, 09:56 PM
That's right. His name was Hawkins. Poncho would be great for me.

As for Mac and Dillion, those are great! :D

Agent Viper
08-19-2010, 09:53 AM
I laughed so hard at that pic!

I think maybe Mainframe could be Hawkins and probably Hit and Run could pass for Poncho.