PDA

View Full Version : Help! Thailand.. What Joes?

Death_at_Midnight
08-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Greetings mortals!

Within days I'll be in Thailand. Specifically, besides Bangkok, I'll also be out in the remote country up in the mountains at about cloud level. During this time there won't be any way I could contact anyone--no cell phone signal, net access, or anything. Not even my new Droid phone with it's ability to generate a wireless hotspot will be useful. All I'll have is me, a camera, and my team of Joes.

But that's what I need your help in choosing. Which Joes to assign on my team? If you remember, Shipwreck and Chuckles have been on assignment in Thailand since December 2009. Hawk has just received word that they finally uncovered the location of Cobra in South Asia and also uncovered sensitive data on Cobra's secret operations there. This data will definately be useful to stopping Cobra's most recent diabolical plans. But which Joes do you think should go on this mission to retrieve Shipwreck and Chuckles? There is only room for two to three Joes for this mission.

Also, Cobra most certainly will attempt to stop us from reaching the rendezvous point in the Thailand mountains. But which Cobras would we encounter?

Your help/advice needed on which Joes to take and which Cobra's to take. I'll not take a lot with me, so two or three of each at the most.

Current candidates: POC Duke and Beachhead, POC Firefly. Any ninjas?

Deadline to give feedback will be Thursday night, 8/12/2010, midnight Central Standard Time. Afterwhich the mission will proceed. Any feedback after will be too late.

tycondrius23
08-10-2010, 11:04 PM
red cobra ninja if you got em or the ninja ku SS .
heres who I think
cobra's wraith and CC and firefly.
joe's poc Duke .flint .lady jaye

maybe a blue shirt or two

pinoyronin
08-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Whoah! You mean the mountains of Chiang Rai, eh? That Thai province at the border with Burma and Laos. Sounds like a tough mission. Just three Joes. Hhmmm...

How about:
25th Anniversary Hit and Run and Alpine. The former is light infantry and the latter's specialty is mountaineering. And since you're in Southeast Asia, how about either 25th Anniversary Quick Kick (DVD version) or the POC version? I know, he's of Chinese descent, but perhaps he can easily pass himself off as a Southeast Asian compared to the other two. He can be a Chinese-Thai tour guide to Hit and run and Alpine, who'll play the part of "farang" (Western) tourists. ;)

For the OpFor, since it's a mountainous hideout, the Range Vipers would fit nicely, whether the ver1 or the 25th Anniversary version (I have second thoughts on the DTC version--they look more at home in urban setting with their get-up). Try also the green Range Viper (the one that came with the Whirlwind).

If you go ARAH, how about a squad of Rock Vipers? They'd be Cobra's security forces in the mountains.

For the head honcho, hmmm, it might just be too small a project for Dr. Mindbender, so why not just an IT-oriented Crimson Guard, assisted by some Techno Vipers and Televipers?

Happy hunting! :)

vader9900
08-11-2010, 05:15 AM
You definitely need some hookers for Shippy & Chucks in Bangkok.

pinoyronin
08-11-2010, 06:07 AM
[QUOTE=vader9900]You definitely need some hookers for Shippy & Chucks in Bangkok.[/QUOTE]

LOL! You're right! How about those anime-style girls. There are some in 1:18 scale, no?

Death_at_Midnight
08-11-2010, 08:44 AM
I have used gashapon figures in the past. There are some nice ones with long evening gowns. I not sure if T R U in central world survived, but that's where i found them.

Good suggestions thus far. Unfortunately i do not have a new alpine. A R A H version i do have, but really do not want to take something like that with me...don't. Want to loose him.i

Ninjas i do have, but not any red ones.

Maybe some generic neo-vipers? Roc style?

Not sure of the environment there, hope it wont rain. Will have to look out for snakes. I know in this area there are some poisonous green ones in the trees.

vader9900
08-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Those would be Pit Vipers, very nasty! Don't forget King Cobras!

tycondrius23
08-11-2010, 11:08 AM
may be a good place to crack open some python patrol guys?

pinoyronin
08-11-2010, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]I have used gashapon figures in the past. There are some nice ones with long evening gowns. I not sure if T R U in central world survived, but that's where i found them.

Not sure of the environment there, hope it wont rain. Will have to look out for snakes. I know in this area there are some poisonous green ones in the trees.[/QUOTE]

No, the TRU branch didn't survive the fire. What a loss!

Be careful out there. We usually find nasty green vipers (not the Cobra/GIJoe kind ;) ) in our old apartment (it was located beside a big orchard)--and that's in the outskirts of Bangkok. And you're going to the mountains! :eek:

Anyway, I think the ROC Neo-Vipers would give your pics a modernized look.

Death_at_Midnight
08-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Python Patrol might be good to take instead of the Neo-Vipers. If there's time tonight I'll see about them. Else, whatever I pull out of the bin are going to come. I'm leaning towards three python patrol troopers, but I really don't like the yellow gloves. However, if I can make on the flight, some Vietnamese style conical hats (instead of traditional Thai style) I'll do so. Might look interesting to see Python Patrol troops using "local" hats, etc... kinda trying to grab a sense of Asia.

Death_at_Midnight
08-13-2010, 06:47 AM
I'm on the way to thailand. Just landed at dallas airport, and guess who i saw? Cobra Commander.

General Scarlett
08-13-2010, 06:53 AM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]I'm on the way to thailand. Just landed at dallas airport, and guess who i saw? Cobra Commander.[/QUOTE]

Did he ask you to help him with any hits he's got out on Serpentor??

Safe trip dude......can't wait to chat again........tell your wife 'sa-wat dee' from me!!!