PDA

View Full Version : New Feature

Otto the Otter
08-07-2010, 04:40 AM
Starting a new feature here in JoeDios land...

Details will be forthcoming...

Please send me a list, via PRIVATE MESSAGE, of your favorite photographers on this site. Please use the photographer's screen name, not their real name.

Doesn't matter how long they've been here or who they are. Send as many names as you want, even yourself if you'd like.

Otto the Otter
08-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Seriously?
30 people have checked this out and only one has sent in a list?
It better be because you're all compiling your lists, or I'm sending in goons...

Prince Adam
08-07-2010, 03:58 PM
Perhaps details first, list second? I, like others, shudder to think this is some kind of ranking system...

dancontrino
08-07-2010, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Otto the Otter]Seriously?
It better be because you're all compiling your lists, or I'm sending in goons...[/QUOTE]
pm'd you...please don't send yourself! LOL! get it, Kent???

Prince Adam
08-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Oh, and are we allowed to count Craig cause I'm gonna. :cool:

sithviper
08-07-2010, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=Otto the Otter]Seriously?
It better be because you're all compiling your lists, or I'm sending in goons...[/QUOTE]

Umm...yeah...tha...that's it yeah :rolleyes:
:D

Otto the Otter
08-07-2010, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Prince Adam]Perhaps details first, list second? I, like others, shudder to think this is some kind of ranking system...[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.

I'm still getting all the details together, so right now I'm just getting the list together. It's not really a "Ranking" per se, but it is, in a way, a popularity contest, in a good way. That's why I want the lists submitted via PM instead of on an open forum. No one else but myself and Hammer will know who is on the list.

I'll reveal full details shortly.

Prince Adam
08-07-2010, 06:30 PM
A good popularity contest? Fascinating.
There's a lot of folks I'm not familiar with so I'll check out a good portion of the main section before I submit. I take it order is not important?

Roland da Thompson Gunner
08-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Why don't we just post 'em in public! :D

Also I'd like to know how are we supposed to determine "favorite" is it a "vote for your friends" or "vote for people who take good pictures". I just want to be sure so I follow the rulez!

Otto the Otter
08-07-2010, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Last time we had that, a war ensued. But uh, yeah. Hell, I don't even remember WHO did it but IT was an interesting psychology lesson that he was doing on people.[/QUOTE]
Nothing that sinister, I assure you. If a war breaks out over this, I will accept full responsibility.

Prince Adam, no you don't need to submit your list in any kind of order.

Death_at_Midnight
08-07-2010, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Last time we had that, a war ensued. But uh, yeah. Hell, I don't even remember WHO did it but IT was an interesting psychology lesson that he was doing on people.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember that issue.... I will sit out on this one.

Otto the Otter
08-07-2010, 08:54 PM
In regards to RTG's comments; you can vote for your friends, but ultimately vote for whomever your favorite photographers are, judging them by the pictures they post.

After the next time I talk with Hammerfel I'll explain what is going on here. Five or six people have submitted lists to me so far, so I've got a pretty good base going here.

dancontrino
08-08-2010, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Otto the Otter]In regards to RTG's comments; you can vote for your friends, but ultimately vote for whomever your favorite photographers are, judging them by the pictures they post.

After the next time I talk with Hammerfel I'll explain what is going on here. Five or six people have submitted lists to me so far, so I've got a pretty good base going here.[/QUOTE]
the names i submitted were Agent Viper and his 42 aliases :p

Please do not bring new hostility. The site is aware of the reference of your joke. Let us, as a group, let it go.

rnrhero
08-08-2010, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=dancontrino]the names i submitted were Agent Viper and his 42 aliases :p[/QUOTE]
He only has 42? Or is that all that we have been able to prove?

dancontrino
08-08-2010, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=rnrhero]He only has 42? Or is that all that we have been able to prove?[/QUOTE]
LOL! :D

Sonneilon
08-08-2010, 05:57 PM
LMAO! That was really funny!

[QUOTE=dancontrino]the names i submitted were Agent Viper and his 42 aliases :p[/QUOTE]

Prince Adam
08-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Names submitted and a good many at that. And, no I didn't choose "me". Just about everyone but Beta Ray Bill, Copper Kid, Jesus, and Snarf. Wavered on Kowl but I figured what the hell.

Dreadnok Dread
08-08-2010, 09:23 PM
What would be cool! is if it were a monthly thing and you can't choose the same three people from the last three previous months! Then said people would have to do a little bio about themselves maybe and a behind the scenes shot of your setup area and collection. Just to get a sneak peak into the lives of our favorite camera clickers! :D
As well the people chosen would be contacted before the whole announcement was made and they give the okay to use them being that choosing and honoring these people
would mean they would have to do said work themselves! :) except for Big O since unfortunately he is not on this dimension anymore! just my crappy two cents! I was part of a artist/comic/sequential group that did something like this and it went well with said parameters! peace DD

Hammerfel
08-08-2010, 11:28 PM
No mystery here. we're going to do a (hopefully monthly) featured Dio Author. This is a call for submissions. The featured author will have a little interview and we'll post it. Start again next month. Cool, eh? :)

Strider1147
08-09-2010, 08:33 AM
I am sorta liking this idea now!!! :D

Rambo
08-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Feature Dio Author is different than a Popularity contest.
I would ask the Dio Author to post/show some Behind The Scenes shots. :)

rnrhero
08-09-2010, 01:45 PM
There are a few forums i have found from friends of mine of flicker that do this everymonth. They have some generic questions they ask everymonth and then a few that are more directed towards work they have done in the past. Amongst other things, I always like to see the gear they use and things like that.

Sonneilon
08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=Rambo]Feature Dio Author is different than a Popularity contest.
:)[/QUOTE]

yeah, totally. Why not just pull names out of a hat?

Otto the Otter
08-10-2010, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]yeah, totally. Why not just pull names out of a hat?[/QUOTE]
That's one option we're looking at for choosing the names. We just wanted to make sure there were current users being chosen. If we took all the names in the member database and chose at random, we don't want to end up with the name of a guy who hasn't posted in years.

So far all the names we've been given are all current, active members. So we may just choose at random from that list.

Flatline
08-11-2010, 07:55 PM
This is sounding pretty cool :cool: