PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro responds to "Slaughter Gate"

Tracker
07-30-2010, 11:22 PM
here some good new for folks still hoping to get a SDCC Slaughter from HTS

http://crimsonmonkey.com/news/hasbro-responds-to-slaughter-gate/

here's my shamless plug for anyone that can get lucky and can get more that one:

i have three MOC Eels form BigLots I would like to trade for 3 MOC Blue Resolute Trooper From Family Dollar or SDCC Sgt Slaughter Green Camo (Triple T) Variant . If anyone is interested in helping me out please PM me

General Scarlett
07-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Its smart that they are producing another run....they'd have lost a PANTLOAD of fans if they hadn't.

turner
07-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Awesome news! But tracker man, I would fall down shocked if you get a taker on the eel trades. I'm in the same boat as you, have eels, want res troopers (I have none) and the sarge.

SIC DETH
07-31-2010, 09:27 AM
outstanding news!!!

Death_at_Midnight
07-31-2010, 09:48 AM
Apparently I'm on file at Crimson Monkey, avatar and all.. wonder how that happened and when.

All I can say is that I got mine coming in the mail.

turner
07-31-2010, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]Apparently I'm on file at Crimson Monkey, avatar and all.. wonder how that happened and when.

All I can say is that I got mine coming in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Did you get in on the 15 minutes?

Goldbug
07-31-2010, 08:14 PM
I already have plenty of Eels too.
However I'm offering a clear Wraith + regular Wraith for a Triple T Slaughter.
Or I would trade my MIB Mass Device DVD set #5 (the one with Alpine) for that Sgt Slaughter.
Otherwise I'll just wait for the 2nd run of the Sarge.

Death_at_Midnight
08-01-2010, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=turner]Did you get in on the 15 minutes?[/QUOTE]

No clue. All I know is I got on and there I was. Death meets himself in the flesh.

Death_at_Midnight
08-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Sorry, i misunderstood. No, i wasn't aware of the 15 min availability issue. My slaughter is one of the SDCC ones.

General Scarlett
08-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Unfortunately the link is no longer in existence. This could mean that it was BS to begin with.

Sorry to burst bubbles, but maybe it could be a question asked for the next round of Q & A. Just a thought.

Goldbug
08-04-2010, 02:13 AM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Unfortunately the link is no longer in existence. This could mean that it was BS to begin with.

Sorry to burst bubbles, but maybe it could be a question asked for the next round of Q & A. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

How much do you want to bet everyone will ask that question? :D

pbarny1701
08-04-2010, 08:14 AM
[QUOTE=Goldbug]How much do you want to bet everyone will ask that question? :D[/QUOTE]

What's left of my 403b and or my kid's barely existant college fund?

JediKnutt
08-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Every time we call Hasbro we get different answers. More are on the way, and then no we sold out. We're making more, we aren't making more. Very frustrating. The whole deal with so many showing up in Malaysia is suspicious too. When I asked about that Hasbro said "we have no control over who buys what at Comic Con". Obviously. But do they expect us to believe some guy went to SDCC from Malaysia and took back enough Slaughters to STOCK A TOY STORE? Come on.

Death_at_Midnight
08-05-2010, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=JediKnutt]...do they expect us to believe some guy went to SDCC from Malaysia and took back enough Slaughters to STOCK A TOY STORE? Come on.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that isn't difficult for me to believe. I've seen ppl go to an open warehouse at Squadron (model kit distributer/seller) and just take all the company's inventory of particular models (20 + kits of one type at $30 a kit). Also, you'll be disappointed at how expensive some of those places in Asia can be with Joes. Example, in Thailand this past December the ROC Joes were about $15, and BnB Sgt Slaughter were a bit more than $24. What's going on is the stores have to pay an import fee and that's passed on to the customers. Every American type toy, like our Joes, were expensive. I know, Joes have the "made in China" thing, but they still have to pay an import fee. On the flipside, there were a lot of Japanese toys, especially Zoids, Gundam, etc, for like.. dirt cheap! Gundam models for like $6 to $12. I asked about these and no import tax. So the Japanese stuff is more common--lots of them--and ppl buying them like crazy. I even saw quite a few Americans and others (European/Australian) buying a lot of the toys too, multiple ones. I have a feeling a lot of them probably sell on ebay what they picked up at the stores.

So anyway, yes, I can believe ppl buying up lots of toys and sending them to Malaysia. Probably cheaper to do that here than pay some import tax which inflates the price to double.