PDA

View Full Version : The open wound

LordRaven
07-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Sometimes when I log in, all three of the random images are Craig's. It still hurts....it's always gonna hurt....I don't think I want it to not hurt. We should always remember our fallen comrade.

Anyone else feel this way?

Nekoman
07-30-2010, 09:36 PM
It makes you think of him, but I always think in a good way. He and his skills will never be forgotten.

Da Talent
07-30-2010, 09:41 PM
I felt that way when he was in the logo. It made me sad and miss him more but it kept him alive for me as well. It's a candle burning at both ends sometimes I guess.......

Hammerfel
07-30-2010, 09:47 PM
I get that way when I see Major Bludd in the tribute sigs and avatars. Sometimes I think I stumbled across an old post of his and have to look twice.

Otto the Otter
07-30-2010, 10:02 PM
This is what got me the other day...Outrider (http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_specific_item.php?kind=figure&alpha=O&id=639)

I enjoy when his pics come up. It gives me a chance to see more of his stuff that I haven't seen before.

Roland da Thompson Gunner
07-30-2010, 10:26 PM
[QUOTE=Nekoman]It makes you think of him, but I always think in a good way. He and his skills will never be forgotten.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I miss Craig a lot, as he was a great friend and was a great lightning rod for inspiration and good discussion. I guess I feel I shouldn't dwell on the loss and would much rather celebrate the time he and I were friends.

Sonneilon
07-30-2010, 10:39 PM
I feel the same way. Every time I see Major Bludd now, it reminds me of Craig.

[QUOTE=Hammerfel]I get that way when I see Major Bludd in the tribute sigs and avatars. Sometimes I think I stumbled across an old post of his and have to look twice.[/QUOTE]

Flatline
07-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah I think those of us who actually hjad the opportunity to talk to him feel the same way Shane. I always flip through his photostream and when his shots pop up in the random section I have to click em. He was a great talent and remains a great insperation for me :( .

Dreadnok Dread
07-31-2010, 01:00 AM
I miss him as well, always! I have hiss pictures ready for the book on flickr but i feel like once I do that its a concrete block of he's really gone! I don't know! its sad and hard, I almost had a heart attack on the sight I won't mention when i saw pictures of him deanne posted and pics of hiss collection! WOW! I always think while I set up my shots about him, when I stare at the moon or when I build a set! He always told me if he had half the talent i have for building sets, what he would have done, I wish I new I would build it all! Id give up all my skills in everything to have him back with us! and then reality hits! I believe we all have a little Craig inside of us! in our shots, in our poses, we all learned a great deal from him! May he be playing with all Moc stuff as weathered as he wants them up stairs! bendiciones craig!

Agent Viper
07-31-2010, 01:31 PM
I sometimes find myself looking through his shots. Being inspired more and more.

Death_at_Midnight
07-31-2010, 02:09 PM
I get like that when I see Major Bludd. It does hurt.

rds13601
07-31-2010, 03:13 PM
It is going to hurt! It hurts alot. I'd rather see Craig's work though being used so others;especially newcomers to the site , can see the genius behind the man. That way they can also tell how he became a legend here and why he is so truly missed.

ToneGunsRevisited
07-31-2010, 07:19 PM
I had many feelings about the disease after I heard of his first surgery. I was very close to him and don't really know why. At the begining maybe 'cuz we were the only guys here at JDs, from the South Hemisphere, we shared a lot of the same problems on getting Joes. Things went that way and talking we saw that we shared a lot more things and along 5 great years we were together chatting at MSN or via PMs and e-mails. I did not believe we would loose him until I read Deanne's PM.

Two weeks before he passed away we were on telephone talking to each other, Deanne was out at the Super I think, his voice was weak, but still I was believing he would come out of that. I knew what doctors said and so one, however I could not believe that he would live us. I hung up the telephone and believed we would meet as we agreed. He said me that once Deanne told him he would get a big surprise at the door at that would be me. Things don't go as we plan sometimes and I was told it in a very bad way.

I can't look at my Joes and not think about him. At the first days I was pretty bad, even my wife could not believe that. She saw how we were close but could not imagine how bad that bad news would hit me. I considered the possibility of leaving the hobby. After I put myself to think how I should react about that and the right thing to do, as many said it to me and specially Deanne, was get back taking pictures 'cuz Craig would like it.

Right now I just get good memories when looking at his pictures or thinking about him. He was the best person here and I'll try to honor his memory the best way I can.

Thanks for starting it Shane, gave me courage and the moment to write some feelings.