PDA

View Full Version : Florida Here I come!!!

Strider1147
07-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I am going to Florida Friday and I wanted to bring a figure. I was thinking maybe I should bring Major Bludd, that way when I am at the beach I could take a ''In memory of Outrider'' pic.... What do you guys think???

rds13601
07-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Sounds good.

Death_at_Midnight
07-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Make a clone of the Cobra Commander that's being passed around in the mail. CC on vacation. And use that.

Strider1147
07-28-2010, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]Make a clone of the Cobra Commander that's being passed around in the mail. CC on vacation. And use that.[/QUOTE]

I dont Have chuckles or the masked cobra commander.... I wish I did..... :(

Death_at_Midnight
07-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Okay, here's an idea for you. If you take someone like Major Bludd, maybe gear him up with a mission: to find Cobra Commander who is on vacation.. to hand deliver a message. You'll need maybe a briefcase, and whatever gear Bludd can carry for seeking out CC. Maybe a small map, compass, binoculars, radio/backpack. Something like a "Dr Livingstone, I presume" kinda thing. Bludd searches for the Commander and that takes him around the world too.

vader9900
07-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Where in Fla are you going?

Dreadnok Dread
07-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Acme is dope in orlando well winter falls fla or something
gainesville fla has the toy consortium
the flea markets are a good place for old stuff!
miami fla has atomic comics and franks comics!
great deals on craigslist! these are the best places in fla for joes!

Strider1147
07-29-2010, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]Okay, here's an idea for you. If you take someone like Major Bludd, maybe gear him up with a mission: to find Cobra Commander who is on vacation.. to hand deliver a message. You'll need maybe a briefcase, and whatever gear Bludd can carry for seeking out CC. Maybe a small map, compass, binoculars, radio/backpack. Something like a "Dr Livingstone, I presume" kinda thing. Bludd searches for the Commander and that takes him around the world too.[/QUOTE]

Great Idea!!! I already have a suitcase painted and a little drawstring back for a duffel bag!!! :D

Strider1147
07-29-2010, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=vader9900]Where in Fla are you going?[/QUOTE]

Not really sure, but when I get there I will post it on here. Thankfully the Condo has WiFi, so I can get on JD on my Ipod touch.

vader9900
07-29-2010, 08:42 AM
DD, Acme BLOWS!!! They have hardly no Joes except a ton of VvV 2 packs. What they do have is way over priced. This place used to be a gold mine, I guess someones else is in charge now. I was there in Feb, I was floor by the prices and asked the clerk what happened. He tells me they now go by "book value".

Dreadnok Dread
07-29-2010, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=vader9900]DD, Acme BLOWS!!! They have hardly no Joes except a ton of VvV 2 packs. What they do have is way over priced. This place used to be a gold mine, I guess someones else is in charge now. I was there in Feb, I was floor by the prices and asked the clerk what happened. He tells me they now go by "book value".[/QUOTE]

For real that sucks! I was there a year and a half ago! Picked up lots of stuff there figs have always been over priced but there vehicles were priced well! That sucks!

vader9900
07-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Last year was awesome, I walked out of there feeling like I ripped them off. Vintage MCC complete $75, MISB Thunderbolt $35, MOC Purple Viper with Flight Pod $15, Vintage SMS Complete & mint for under $100. Feb this year VvV 2 packs are $15 to 20, 1982 Cobra Commander maybe C6 (not Mickey Mouuse) $89, most the loose 25th stuff is over $10, Vintage inventory is almost non-existant.

Lowjacked
07-29-2010, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=vader9900]Last year was awesome, I walked out of there feeling like I ripped them off. Vintage MCC complete $75, MISB Thunderbolt $35, MOC Purple Viper with Flight Pod $15, Vintage SMS Complete & mint for under $100. Feb this year VvV 2 packs are $15 to 20, 1982 Cobra Commander maybe C6 (not Mickey Mouuse) $89, most the loose 25th stuff is over $10, Vintage inventory is almost non-existant.[/QUOTE]

I visit ACME comics regularly every month, and I will admit that if you shop hard enough on ebay you might be able to beat them, but that is anyone. I'm sorry Vader that your experience was bad, but I have been a customer of theirs for well over 5 years and have always had fair dealings, and have walked out with some really great bargains. It is on a rare occasion that I don't leave with Joes are vehicles when I visit. I am in fact heading there in a couple of days. Their stock is low on 25th items right now because they can't keep 'em in. They buy collections all the time, but no one is selling Joe stuff, and they admittedly are looking to buy large collections for resale. I have took my business to other comic stores, because of the distance it is from me, and found myself going back ACME because of how awesome it is. I am sorry your experience their was so awful, but I have never seen a 25th figure go for more than $6.99 out of package. If you were referring to in package items, they are aware of the value of the items they carry and most discontinued in package 25th single cards are ranged around the $10 price point. But it is hard to beat their prices for loose items.

These were some I picked up on my last visit!
http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad51/LowJacked_photos/Joes%20Misc/AcmeJoeFigurepricetags.jpg

vader9900
07-30-2010, 01:32 PM
When is the last time you were there?

Lowjacked
07-30-2010, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=vader9900]When is the last time you were there?[/QUOTE]

I just got back from there! Got an ROC DragonHawk complete with WildBill for $11 a 25th Scarlett for $5.99, Vintage Cobra Rage complete for $11 and a Triple T (Broken Control Stick) for $7! I was going light this visit cause I had to pay for my Subscriptions. You should give 'em another try!

footloose
07-30-2010, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=Lowjacked]I just got back from there! Got an ROC DragonHawk complete with WildBill for $11 a 25th Scarlett for $5.99, Vintage Cobra Rage complete for $11 and a Triple T (Broken Control Stick) for $7! I was going light this visit cause I had to pay for my Subscriptions. You should give 'em another try![/QUOTE]

where is this magical place you speak of

Strider1147
07-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Just made it to Jonesboro AR. Florida is tomorrow!!!!!!

Lowjacked
07-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Follow this link! (www.acme-superstore.com)