PDA

View Full Version : Who has the largest Cobra Army?

Apparition
12-23-2006, 07:40 PM
I was looking at the Cobra Brazil detactchment that ToneGunsRevisited posted and it made me wonder if that is the biggest Cobra army of everyone on joedios. I only have about 30 in my Cobra army, but that will grow soon I hope. How big is your Cobra army?

ender098
12-23-2006, 10:29 PM
I'll get in on this one;

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/ender098/Army.jpg

How's that?

nando
12-23-2006, 11:05 PM
holy cow , thats a big army ...........................

Stormer
12-24-2006, 02:14 AM
Multiple Python Copperheads? Ooh, could be opening a can o'worms with that one...! ;)

I've got a decent (and growing) army, but no pics of the whole lot yet, and I don't think it'd be able to compete.

I'm interested (well, scared really...) to know how big Soundwave's entire Cobra army is...

The Leader
12-24-2006, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=ender098]I'll get in on this one; How's that?[/QUOTE]

... I've seen bigger. ;)

Sonneilon
12-24-2006, 10:28 AM
I've seen a few collections from the old days of the JBL where some of the single troopers were #'ing in the 100s. I believe Fred (LeoTDragon) has about 200 blue NeoVipers but as far as I know, that's his only army. There was a dude named Chad/Chaz who has 100s of VARIOUS army builders. I'd play, but I've downsized my armies this last year to 1 platoon of BlueShirts, Vipers and NeoVipers only.

I hope a small earthquake hits your collection, Frank!!! :P

ender098
12-24-2006, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=Stormer]Multiple Python Copperheads? Ooh, could be opening a can o'worms with that one...! ;)
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I use them as Cobra Marines (Naval Infantry)

Stormer
12-24-2006, 12:25 PM
I never had any Copperhead back in the day, so never saw the filecard. Thanks to the UK Action Force comic, which featured multiple Copperheads alongside the Lampreys and Eels, I thought they were army-builders until just a couple of years ago. I'd still love to see the UK filecard, to find out if that was changed and to explain why the comic creators did that!

I don't think I've army-built anyone who was an individual on their filecard, unless you count owning about 50 figures who are all Destro, Storm Shadow or Cobra Commander!

Outrider
12-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Frank, that is one HUGE army. :eek: What is the actual number? At last count my Cobra army numbered just shy of 900, plus 60 MARS personnel. There's no way I'm setting them all up for a pic!!! :D

ender098
12-24-2006, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]Frank, that is one HUGE army. :eek: What is the actual number? At last count my Cobra army numbered just shy of 900, plus 60 MARS personnel. There's no way I'm setting them all up for a pic!!! :D[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, but my TOTAL army just went over 1,800 figures. That's with Corps/BBI/customs and PTE. And, no, I'm not going to set them all up in one shot either! LOL! Here's some more shots;

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/ender098/Army21.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/ender098/Army22.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m251/ender098/Army2.jpg

ender098
12-24-2006, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=The Leader]... I've seen bigger. ;)[/QUOTE]

All the girls say that at first! :eek: :)

Honestly, I used to buy from a guy on ebay, his name on there was BlaylockZeus and he had at least 1,000 neo vipers! (He sold me 30! and asked if I wanted more!) And he sent me pics of his collection and honestly, It makes mine look like a drop in the pan!

I know I don't have the biggest collection, but I love everyone of the guys I own (ok, Except Link!) and I love collecting. Thank God my Mom didn't throw out my collection when I was a kid. In 2002 I had 578 figures, and since then I've been on a buying rampage! My wife is real supportive since it keeps me from spending my money chasing 18yo girls at the bar! LOL!! (*SMACK* ....Just kidding Dear, you know I love you!!)

And at least I'm not Greedy...I give out any extra Joes I have (not the Cobra Army builders, but ask Shane, I just sent him a V1 Salvo I had laying around!) Oh, and since I'm on the subject, I have a 2ft x 2ft box of extra vehicle parts I need to get rid of, so if anyone is missing something, let me know, If I got it, it's yours! Same with figure accessories! If you could just shoot a little change my way for shipping, that would be great, if not, that's cool, I just need to get rid of the stuff!

And...... to all you haters...you just jealous! :p :rolleyes: :cool: :eek:

Outrider
12-25-2006, 12:41 PM
All the girls say that at first.....Lol! Frank, you're killing me man. :D :D
And you are right about all the haters, they are only jealous. Like you I am a chronic army builder, mostly via eBay. Although my Cobra army is not as numerous as yours, it made me realise how much time and effort (and expense) some of us put into our collections. Every single one of my 950+ Cobras and 500+ Joes has been customised, even down to every screw and rivet being painted to match the surrounding plastic. That's a lot of man hours over the years....Just think of all the other stuff I could have done with that time! :confused: :eek:

Lightning LA
12-25-2006, 09:14 PM
One of the biggest Cobra collection's i've seen is off of the guy's web site Tattoos and Toy's .com,the guy's Collection they show on there is INSANE!!It's what i could only dream of having one day,but i'll need to hit the Lottery first!!My Cobra Army is in the first building stages at a couple hundred figures,but if i would just concentrate on Cobra Army Building it would go a lot faster.But i have a few different things i collect,Star Wars-Hot Wheels-Nascar Action Elite Dale Jr cars and plus a few other types of diecasts.So i don't have a huge amount of one thing,i have a bunch of a few different thing's. :D

Outrider
12-26-2006, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Lightning LA]But i have a few different things i collect,Star Wars-Hot Wheels-Nascar Action Elite Dale Jr cars and plus a few other types of diecasts.So i don't have a huge amount of one thing,i have a bunch of a few different thing's. :D[/QUOTE]

Good to see another Nascar diecast fan. I'm into that too, but I collect all the Chevy drivers. I stick to 1/64 scale because, thanks to my Joe collection, I don't have room for anything else!

Mobius_1
12-26-2006, 11:26 AM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r93/fighterjetsensei/ChristmasSpecial064.jpg

in my 'verse, cobra is recovering from a nuke attack, so their armies are very small. (it's the only excuse i got for having so little cobras....)

Ranger_22
12-26-2006, 04:12 PM
I like that idea! :D
So Destro and Mindbender are dead! :eek:

Lightning LA
12-26-2006, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]Good to see another Nascar diecast fan. I'm into that too, but I collect all the Chevy drivers. I stick to 1/64 scale because, thanks to my Joe collection, I don't have room for anything else![/QUOTE]
I have around 40 1/24 scale,mostly Dale Jr & Dale Sr,and a few Kevin Harvick-Mike Waltrip and Jeff Gordon's.I just like Jeff Gordon's cars,not really a big fan of him.Most of my car's are RCCA Elite's plus a few regular Action car's,i also have a few QVC Race Fan Only Diecast's.If you guy's think Joe's are big $$ to collect,Nascar Diecast's take a chunk out of your wallet!