PDA

View Full Version : Question for those of you who have the new HISS

Otto the Otter
07-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I just picked one up today and have ordered another (with Cyko) from TRU. My question is about the custom painting you've done. Did you guys paint it right out of the box or have you guys put it together and taken it apart to paint it?

I ask for two reasons: A) I definately want to paint mine and 2) I'm on vacation right now and am flying home soon. While I'd love to get a few pictures of it while I'm here, I'll prolly have to take it apart to fit it in my luggage.

Is it something that once it's together, it's together, or can it be broken down into its four main parts with out tearing out pegs and whatnot?

vespapilot79
07-18-2010, 08:58 PM
I saw somewhere that they have been painting it before putting it together and the parts come apart pretty easy..Im going to pick up a few and do a few desert and arctic versions myself with some of the pack sets from build a rama..
http://www.build-a-rama.com/1_18/modstowage_18/modstowage_18.shtml

Death_at_Midnight
07-18-2010, 09:34 PM
I have done both.

Have two of the new HISS tanks.

The first one I assembled it, brought it home, disassembled it, painted it, re-assembled it.

The second HISS I waited to paint it first then assembled.

They are easy to disassemble. The track portion you just have to pull it out straight. Might have to muscle it, but not by much.

The new HISS's are fun, actually. They are two times as wide as version 1. But they are fun.

Death_at_Midnight
07-18-2010, 09:36 PM
By the way, the new HISS driver the lower legs seem new, but the rest is the Iron Grenadier body.

And looks really good in black!

samsallspark
07-18-2010, 10:25 PM
the legs are from batle armor cobra commander. (I only have one, but I plan on getting more). I'll just wait for hasbro to issue another color later on, as I like the desert color scheme.

vader9900
07-18-2010, 10:52 PM
I put mine together for a pic of it stock, it comes apart pretty easy. I completely disassembled the cab to paint it.

Flatline
07-19-2010, 07:51 PM
So Disasseble Is The Way To Go?

Death_at_Midnight
07-19-2010, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Flatline]So Disasseble Is The Way To Go?[/QUOTE]

I would, unless you want to also get the part that connects the tracks and turrent together.. the part that raises the turrent. That is normally black. If it's also painted then I think the HISS will look like it's been manually painted, but if it's left black, to me it looks like the whole HISS was factory painted in the colors you painted it.