PDA

View Full Version : jungle assault Storm Shadow

rds13601
07-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Was on ebay and saw a jungle assault Storm Shadow that came with 2 Mac10's at his side.To check him out go to Ebay and type GiJoe Jungle Assault Storm Shadow. He costs 12.95 which includes shipping and is out of China. He's probably in one of the Resolute waves.

seyms
07-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Hi, this figure is a cancelled figure. I got one from ws_toys. One of the eBay China sellers. Pretty good figure too, it comes with the flight pack that the resolute snake eyes comes with.

Sonneilon
07-19-2010, 09:52 AM
http://www.theterrordrome.com/tag/wave-14/

I found this off of Google (which sent me to TerrorDrome)... What's the deal? Was there a Wave14 of something or other? I see single carded NiteFalcon, BAT, Zap, and a REsolute StoRmy?

rds13601
07-19-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't know. I wish hasbro would not cancel figures.

Sonneilon
07-19-2010, 03:10 PM
No kidding, RDS. Not that I'd buy THOSE, but still, the options would be nice to have.

pbarny1701
07-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Actually I'd prefer if they're going to can something, can it before they tool it since that is the most expensive part in production. Don't go and make samples and produce it. Of course, the more figures with samples and tooling done that aren't releases do speak to the relative (lack of) strength in the line/disappointment with sales.

Death_at_Midnight
07-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Something I've noticed, not just with the new Joe vehicles, but with other toy lines, is the ability to interchange parts. One day I wonder if Hasbro will ever modularize a figure, so that one figure can easily have interchangeable parts. It's almost like that now. But I'm thinking more like.. a package with several heads, generic torso, several soft plastic gear, several hands--some opened, closed, etc--several legs, lower legs, etc. Right now the upper torso and lower body are not easy to separate, and the arms are pretty much stuck in the torso. So it's not fully interchangeable from the consumer's perspective.

I don't really see this far fetched. Microman figures, some of them, are highly interchangeable, some are not. They all tend to come with about 10 pairs of additional hands. And of course, Hasbro's all time profitable product, Mister Potatoe Head, is highly interchangeable.

rds13601
07-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Very true PB! I think these two figures would have sold immensely well on the market if given the chance. Storm Shadow is a popular figure and the figure that was cancelled was a variant of the one reviewed here. The one reviewed will sell well:at least I believe. As for the Night Force Falcon, the Arah version has grown in value since it's debut;and that is also in loose condition. It would have been a great convention figure or just a regular one. It fits well with the Walmart Tunnel Rat and Shockblast. Hasbro should let the public decide a figure's fate. I know it's about money;but I feel these would have done well. Hasbro also has a way of misjudging the public. They took forever in making the October Guard. That was a home run. Bravo team cancelled their 1:18th stryker vehicle and that would have sold well. I just wonder sometimes who is doing market research.

pbarny1701
07-19-2010, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=rds13601]Hasbro should let the public decide a figure's fate. I know it's about money;but I feel these would have done well. Hasbro also has a way of misjudging the public. They took forever in making the October Guard. That was a home run. Bravo team cancelled their 1:18th stryker vehicle and that would have sold well. I just wonder sometimes who is doing market research.[/QUOTE]

They already did. If clearance on items hanging in stores for over a year doesn't tell you the fate/outcome at retail, I don't know what will.

EasySimpleStuff
07-20-2010, 04:30 AM
[QUOTE=rds13601]Was on ebay and saw a jungle assault Storm Shadow that came with 2 Mac10's at his side.To check him out go to Ebay and type GiJoe Jungle Assault Storm Shadow. He costs 12.95 which includes shipping and is out of China. He's probably in one of the Resolute waves.[/QUOTE]

yeah this is a cancelled figure of the PoC line... they opted for a desert theme Stormy instead, who looks like something from the Prince of Persia movie... but the jungle assault Stormy is one of my favorites, too bad they cancelled it... He is even worth it for the legs and web gear. They are just awesome... exept the stupid "jungle" camo... well a little accetone will fix that =)