PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Joe forums?

Hammerfel
07-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Years ago, TNI was the biggest and the best, but there are several larger, more Joe-focused sites these days. Which do you like? I'm updating the Links side bar on the left side of the front page.

vader9900
07-14-2010, 05:11 PM
http://generalsjoes.com/

Death_at_Midnight
07-14-2010, 05:19 PM
www.joedios.com ;-)

Hammerfel
07-14-2010, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=vader9900]http://generalsjoes.com/[/QUOTE]
Ah, he was my inspiration to do my own Dios, you know? If not for him, I would not have started this hobby, or this site!

SIC DETH
07-14-2010, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]www.joedios.com ;-)[/QUOTE]
Hisstank and Generalsjoes.

Flatline
07-14-2010, 05:24 PM
http://www.theterrordrome.com

Tracker
07-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Hiss-tank and joedios

Hammerfel
07-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Ok, so what are the big differences between Hisstank and Terrordrome?

vader9900
07-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Hisstank is where all the drama is!

Flatline
07-14-2010, 05:39 PM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]Ok, so what are the big differences between Hisstank and Terrordrome?[/QUOTE]
I guess it's all the extra coverage of events, reviews, links etc..... Not bashing jD's but it seems more put together. I admit it can be confusing from time to time trying to navigate the site but it has tons of inormation were JD's is more a PHOTO DIO oriented site.

Tracker
07-14-2010, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=Flatline]I guess it's all the extra coverage of events, reviews, links etc..... Not bashing jD's but it seems more put together. I admit it can be confusing from time to time trying to navigate the site but it has tons of inormation were JD's is more a PHOTO DIO oriented site.[/QUOTE]

yep what he said

pbarny1701
07-14-2010, 05:43 PM
www.joebattlelines.com for GI Joe related stuff.

If you want Star Wars customizing and photo novels (the quasi equivalent of gi joe dioramas) try yakface.com or jedidefender.com. For pure customizing goodness there's www.ffurg.com (were we often talk about dio sets and props in the misc, dioramas sections).

Hammerfel
07-14-2010, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=vader9900]Hisstank is where all the drama is![/QUOTE]
Had enough of that! Maybe I'll stay away! :)

Hammerfel
07-14-2010, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=Flatline]I guess it's all the extra coverage of events, reviews, links etc..... Not bashing jD's but it seems more put together. I admit it can be confusing from time to time trying to navigate the site but it has tons of inormation were JD's is more a PHOTO DIO oriented site.[/QUOTE]
We have our niche and we like it. :)

No, I was asking what are the big differences between Hisstank and Terrordrome.

Flatline
07-14-2010, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]Ok, so what are the big differences between Hisstank and Terrordrome?[/QUOTE]
OH yeah :rolleyes:sorry
I was there alot when JD's was down and I think hisstank was easier then the Dome. Hisstank tons of users all the time and constant updates unlike the Dome. Once JD's came back I never went back to HISS though :p

Hammerfel
07-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Haha. Cool. Thanks Flatline. :)

Rambo
07-14-2010, 06:59 PM
ARAH EXCLUSIVE CLUB (http://arah-old-school.forumsmotion.com/forum.htm) a.k.a. Old School Creations
For ARAH lovers only.

lehsreh
07-14-2010, 07:00 PM
honestly joedios first(we can do our own thread of news updates, i use to a lot on here) then i visit TNI and then hisstank. hisstank and TNI are almost the same, but TNI does reviews on all forms of figures where hisstank is all joe. i know were a joe base here, but we all use star wars, marvel universe and various others that TNI covers and hisstank does not. plus hisstank really does have clicks that even i notice and people who have lots more pull and a lot of drama so i only go, take a quick and get my a$$ back here,lol.

Prince Adam
07-14-2010, 07:16 PM
I posted at TNI years ago when it was American Dream and then for a while after the switch. What I liked about it was that there were different sections and at the time some pretty cool people. I always got along better with the people that were into different lines and posted in different sections than those that were just TF or just Joe, etc. Seems like people only really wanted to discuss what was in at the time though which is great but it gets old too. Eventually I moved on and I only return to the site once in a while when there's a scoop I wanna read. The place has become disgusting though as far as adds go. There's 5-8 on any given page. :rolleyes:

Was on Yo Joe for a while wheeling and dealing in the trade section which is where a good chunk of my ARAH stuff came from.

Posted at His Stank for a few months shortly after joining here. Was alright but it wasn't my main spot. In recent years I've heard most of the stories of the goings on there and I'm glad I don't bother with it any more. Some of the weirdest stuff I've heard about on forums that's all I'm gonna say.

Currently a member at the 'Drome though I don't post much if ever. It can be a little daunting to navigate and by looking at the front page the forums feel like an afterthought rather than the jist of what the spot's about.

Also a member at the ARAH club same as Rambo posted. It's a great spot if you're only into the classics and it's funny because I see several familiar faces from years past.

For the 1/6 stuff I generally use Flickr. There're a couple 12" Joe groups there and while they center around the oldskool 60s-70s Joe they aren't limited to it and you see lots of customs and kitbashes which is always fun!

Seems like I found JDs through TNI though I don't recall how at this point. Quickly after joining here it really became my only port of call because I was always into to dioramas just never had a spot to view them let alone post any. I'm imagine that's how a lot of folks came across it and the excitement they must've felt when they realized there were others into the same hobby.
I prefer the picture discussion route anymore. Always makes for more fun, imo, cause there's not really any debate and it's a fresh way to enjoy figures you known for years but through some one else eyes. It's easier to post a shot of Tripwire and then talk about how much you like or dislike the figure than to just start a thread about him. Maybe it's memories of old commericials and catalogs but Joes seems the perfect thing to diograph.

rnrhero
07-14-2010, 07:23 PM
www.Yojoe.com - there archive is amazing
www.joecustoms.com - customs and how to's like this site.
www.joebattlelines.com
http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/portal.php - 12inch but lots of customizing ideas.

sithviper
07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Well I'm only on yojoe and here so ummm... :D

zedhatch
07-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Joesightings is the only one I frequent that I didn't see.

Joedios (#1 BTW)
Joecustoms
Yo Joe
Terrordrome
Hisstank
Joebattlines

Those are pretty much the Joe sites I fequent

General Scarlett
07-15-2010, 08:28 AM
There's a ton of places.......JBL,JD, TSV, JC, TD, BFTB.........I used to go to HT-was even a MOD there, but then they got into all the *bs* and I didn't want to deal....now I only check it if Flint sees something and sends me a link :p

Hammerfel
07-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Ok, I got most of that "Alphabet Soup" , but what are TSV and BFTB?

So the 2nd reason I'm asking on this, is I want to know where to post my dio images with links back here. I think that's how a lot of you found JD. I sued to post my pics a lot to TNI and JC's Dios sub-forum, and that got us a lot of eyeballs. :)

vader9900
07-15-2010, 10:25 AM
BFTB: http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/

TSV sounds like something you need to go to the clinic for.

Sonneilon
07-15-2010, 10:38 AM
BFTB?

Big Fat Tub (of) Butter? Seriously, not sure what that stands for, but you know me, I just like making stuff up cuz it helps with my creativity. And this one time, at band camp...

When I got back into GI Joe in 2002, it was at Devils Due. That's where most people congregated because there were very few other sites at the time. Maybe yojoe.com and 1 other. The Brian Savage SomethingOrOther created Savage Soundoffs and that later became the JBL. So I hung my hat there and then here at the JD(because Luke Ellison, Fred and Justin told me to come here).

I ended up at JoeSightings.com and JoeDebriefed (a fanfic site by Cpt. Phil Kost in which, I have NO idea if it's still up).

These days, it is ONLY here. I don't visit the JBL unless GS tells me too. I visit OTHER sites only when Carlito tells me too. I only ban people when the rules tell me too. :P

tycondrius23
07-15-2010, 11:14 AM
well this one
Hisstank
and BFTB (tho I don't go there that much)
non joe ones is the Zoidspoison one.
those are pretty much the ones I like.

Otto the Otter
07-15-2010, 12:13 PM
JoeDios
JoeCustoms
YoJoe
General Joes

I've tried the 'dome and HISS Tank, but there is too much there and they're not easy to navigate. Plus HISS Tank seems to be full of snobby, know-it-all type geeks, not the helpful, normal kind of geek that Dios or Customs has

And not really forums, but great for refrences:

Halfbattle.com
The Joe Index
JBL

rds13601
07-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Joe Dios. Yo Joe, Joe Customs.

dancontrino
07-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Blood of the baron is easy to navigate and has those sweet comics.

Death_at_Midnight
07-15-2010, 04:18 PM
I usually just go to that Joe site, you know, the one with all the pics.

seyms
07-16-2010, 05:58 AM
I frequent JoeDios, Tri-State Vipers (TSV) and BFTB for the boards and to post dio stories, photos etc. GeneralsJoes for news. Occasionally JoeCustoms to look at what custom vehicles and playsets people are making. I cancelled my membership of Hiss Tank a few months ago.

neapolitan joe
07-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Joedios and Gijoeitalia.

Agent Viper
07-16-2010, 01:43 PM
The only one that I even use is joedios. I have accounts set up on both JBL and JC but neither get much attention.

snakeling
07-18-2010, 09:47 AM
thefighting1:18.com is cool and wasn't mentioned they have an interesting dio section.

Nekoman
07-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Flickr is where the cool cats play.

Xhairs
07-22-2010, 08:58 PM
hisstank is real bad now it is drama tank. i surf a bunch that where listed. if i could say leave one out of it . it would be hisstank. as that site is just a cesspool and how they run it is a joke.
sorry rant over .

temedoro15
07-23-2010, 03:41 PM
http://www.trigatecreations.com/forum/
Trigate's forum has a lot of custom 1:18 figures work on military, sci-fi and fantasy styles
Sorry if someone has already mentioned it, I just flash read the posts and seems nobody did

General Scarlett
07-23-2010, 04:04 PM
[QUOTE=Xhairs]hisstank is real bad now it is drama tank. i surf a bunch that where listed. if i could say leave one out of it . it would be hisstank. as that site is just a cesspool and how they run it is a joke.
sorry rant over .[/QUOTE]

Really?? I haven't heard anything lately-but I believe you, that place is a cesspool (take it as a pun or not, whatever works for ya!! :p )

ender098
07-23-2010, 04:08 PM
I like it RIGHT here! There are a lot of bigger sites with more members, but it seems like after a site gets so big, you have infighting and all kinds of nasty drama that is NOT needed.

That, and the Admins are like Uber Ego Maniacs! I literally heard one say "I've been gone a while and this place has fallen to shit, I'm back and there's a new Sherriff in town." What a punk! You can say that "due to recent developments, we, the admins have decided to be a little more stringent on enforcing the rules and policies that you agreed to when you became a member". I quit that forum and someone told me "Well, he's an ok guy, that's just the way he is!" Granted! But if you ran a burger joint and everytime you came to the counter, your clerk asked "WELL, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT @$$HOLE?" I'm pretty sure you'd agree he didn't need to be dealing with the public. Get a NEW Mod!

And the other thing is taking rules to the extreme! I understand Religion and Politics are hotbeds of controversy, but when the post was just a pic of Cobra Commander and it said "Cobra Commander for Preident" I DON'T agree that that is a POLITICAL statement! and I got banned for a week for that! Needless to say I have cancelled my account with the YoJoe Forums. I like it here! We all get along (pretty well) and the Admin is probably the most relaxd and understanding I have seen. He only steps in when it gets totally out of hand and we cannot solve the issue amonst ourself and he is MORE than fair. I'm down with this place! If JD ever shuts down, look for me on Photobucket or FLIKR! I'm NOT going elsewhere!

NOt to Mention Nate is a cool guy with a cute Family! LOL!