PDA

View Full Version : How to get more eyes on your images!

Hammerfel
07-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I was talking to Prince Adam about how frustrating it can be when a photo or Dio you worked on weeks (it takes me forever to do a dio chapter) gets bumped off the front page too quickly. It's even worse when the bumper is new and doesn't know about the 3 images at a time guideline. But I can't really take the attitude that the other guy shouldn't post, can I?

So what I do is add some of my favorite photos to my sig, plus a link to my Dio story (hopefully I'll start that up again soon), so that every post I make is a mini-showcase to my stuff. I think it works out rather well. I'm going to make the sig below my sig on all the forums that accept images in sigs.

What I also do is post the image on other Joe sites forums for Dios and link the image back to my thread on JoeDios. I'm very careful when I do this to pay my respects to the site I'm posting on and not over-advertise JD, so they don't think I'm trying to steal their users. What I'm after is more GI Joe fans and experts looking at my work and providing feedback.

I'm also going to start showing my best stuff on Flickr, because the community there is great, too, though I do dislike the small thumbnails, its worth it for the comments.

My point is, post everywhere you think you'll get valuable feedback and spread the fun of GI Joe DIos!

Hammerfel
07-14-2010, 06:09 PM
So here's an example. I entered the Terrordrome Outdoor Dio contest (thanks for the news item, GS!) and then replied to their thread and included a smaller version of my mini-gallery sig, which links back to my best photos here.

Have a look:

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=7839&p=100755#p100755

BTW, their admin says he could spend "hours" looking at JoeDios. :)

Tracker
07-14-2010, 06:38 PM
i have link to my joedios pic in my signatures over at Hiss-tank and at The Fighting 1:18th's Forum

NemesisEnforcerFan
07-14-2010, 07:02 PM
It's a given. The more you pimp your story out the greater chance of feedback. As you rightly said theres no harm in promoting your story or offering a link in your signature.

Any sight that encourages that is a good thing. I've also had alot of success using social network sites ala Facebook, Myspace and bebo etc to let all your friends know about it.