PDA

View Full Version : Recent banings

Hammerfel
07-11-2010, 06:47 PM
I just banned fireflyed and Roland for their posting on their jointly controlled site of real life photos of JoeDios members with out their permission.

That is a serious privacy violation and will get you banned from just about any site on the web. Although I appreciate the quality pictures they contributed, and I tried to cut them MUCH slack in appreciation of that participation, this is just way beyond the limits.

I want this site to celebrate Joe Dio artistry, not stir up personal, petty, and potentially dangerous attacks between members. Please keep to that spirit & vision of JoeDios.

ToneGunsRevisited
07-12-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm happy to loose all the bad things that happens here. It' s a shame bad things happens, but count on me to keep this a good place.

footloose
07-12-2010, 09:23 AM
so these dudes were stealing our work and posting it on other sites with out our permission? thats messed up. its also why i put my name on my work. which i think everyone posting pics on here should do.
why didnt they just invite the people sshooting the pics to post on their sites. i actually recieved 2 emails yesterday from people wanting me to post on their site. when i am invited to another site to post my work on their site i consider it an honor and am more then happy to do so.

were they at least giving credit to those that originally took the pic

Hammerfel
07-12-2010, 09:27 AM
No, they were posting real life photos of members they didn't like and posting them up on a blog. Not dio photos. Photos of the members themselves. That's a major breach of privacy.

zedhatch
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
OUCH talk about a low move.

So do the people they posted at least know of it now? (Yes my curiousity is brewing).

Agent Viper
07-12-2010, 11:51 AM
They have made posts on their blog of me, Gragam, and Shane. All of us I believe are aware.

Thanks Hammer for doing that.

-Matt

footloose
07-12-2010, 02:47 PM
why the hell would they do that? were they trash talking people?

footloose
07-12-2010, 04:06 PM
i see why now. it sad to see that there is a perez hilton in the gi joe community.

Prince Adam
07-12-2010, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=footloose]why the hell would they do that? were they trash talking people?[/QUOTE]

Two sides to every story and neither side is innocent here.

footloose
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
[QUOTE=Prince Adam]Two sides to every story and neither side is innocent here.[/QUOTE]

i dont know bout that. what was said bout me was pretty damn one sided

Scarrviper
07-12-2010, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=Prince Adam]Two sides to every story and neither side is innocent here.[/QUOTE]

Well said. There is a lot more to this.

Flatline
07-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Wow things here suck now !! :(

Prince Adam
07-12-2010, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=footloose]i dont know bout that. what was said bout me was pretty damn one sided[/QUOTE]

Perhaps not the "hillbilly" bit, but the fact that your shots keep getting low ratings is result of the other side simply not liking whatever they don't like at the time. Your non-Joe shots, while good, catch heat from those here who don't like it when someone upsets their order of things.

footloose
07-12-2010, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=Prince Adam]Perhaps not the "hillbilly" bit, but the fact that your shots keep getting low ratings is result of the other side simply not liking whatever they don't like at the time. Your non-Joe shots, while good, catch heat from those here who don't like it when someone upsets their order of things.[/QUOTE]

does that really deserve trash talking people behind their back. i think i recieved 3 low ratings. one of which i thought Falcon posted. turns out i didnt understand what he was saying. things were starightend out, i apologized.
now these 2 have so much going on for them in life they bash people theyve never spoken to in anyway on their site and do not even tell the full story. these 2 are drama queens. they get their kicks stirring up crap obviously to make themselves feel important. good writtens to them. im sure this place will be far better off with out them.
as for low ratings, if youre going to give a pick a low rating. say why. dont be a coward.

Scarrviper
07-12-2010, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=Flatline]Wow things here suck now !! :( [/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. At least we still have Flickr Marcos.

Hammerfel
07-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Let's count our blessings. The rating system is turned off for now, and the drama is bound to decrease. Let's get back to making cool art!

Hammerfel
07-12-2010, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=Scarrviper]My thoughts exactly. At least we still have Flickr Marcos.[/QUOTE]
Flickr is very cool. I use it and Picassa. But I have to keep my corner of the internet clean and safe for my members. If you guys think JD will suck now that we'll have fewer flame wars and spiteful things thrown back and forth, that's fine with me. I can live without the hate.

Scarrviper
07-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Trust me I hate flame wars. They are irritating. It's just sad that friends had to be taken off here.

footloose
07-12-2010, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]Let's count our blessings. The rating system is turned off for now, and the drama is bound to decrease. Let's get back to making cool art![/QUOTE]

/\this/\

Prince Adam
07-12-2010, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=footloose]does that really deserve trash talking people behind their back. i think i recieved 3 low ratings. one of which i thought Falcon posted. turns out i didnt understand what he was saying. things were starightend out, i apologized.
now these 2 have so much going on for them in life they bash people theyve never spoken to in anyway on their site and do not even tell the full story. these 2 are drama queens. they get their kicks stirring up crap obviously to make themselves feel important. good writtens to them. im sure this place will be far better off with out them.
as for low ratings, if youre going to give a pick a low rating. say why. dont be a coward.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry that you getting your toes stepped on was a casualty of the bitter goings-on between RTG, Fireflyed, and their silent enemies. My point is and stands that there is a much bigger picture going on here.

[QUOTE=Scarrviper]My thoughts exactly. At least we still have Flickr Marcos.[/QUOTE]

You know they don't like it when you use that word. ;)

Scarrviper
07-12-2010, 06:21 PM
oops :p

Hammerfel
07-12-2010, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=Scarrviper]Trust me I hate flame wars. They are irritating. It's just sad that friends had to be taken off here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can understand that, Scarrviper. Just know that if someone did the same thing to you, I'd be banning them as well.

Scarrviper
07-12-2010, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]Yeah, I can understand that, Scarrviper. Just know that if someone did the same thing to you, I'd be banning them as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I have nothing against this site because without it none of us would have ever met. I do feel that the site has slowly fallen apart over the last year or so with constant bickering over various things and people. I don't agree with every decision that is made here, but I can't hate this place. There are too many fond memories.

footloose
07-12-2010, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=Prince Adam]I'm sorry that you getting your toes stepped on was a casualty of the bitter goings-on between RTG, Fireflyed, and their silent enemies. My point is and stands that there is a much bigger picture going on here.

You know they don't like it when you use that word. ;)[/QUOTE]

i guess so. ive been here for maybe 6 months and havent had any issues till recently. all and all i like this site alot and the people here for the most part. havent been here long enough to see the changes really. i been a part of the hisstank community for almost 3 yrs now. this kind of crap goes on over there as well. though i cant think of a time ive been pulled into it.

Hammerfel
07-12-2010, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=Scarrviper]Thanks. I have nothing against this site because without it none of us would have ever met. I do feel that the site has slowly fallen apart over the last year or so with constant bickering over various things and people. I don't agree with every decision that is made here, but I can't hate this place. There are too many fond memories.[/QUOTE]
I'm glad to hear that. I'll try harder to pay more attention to the site and nip any flame wars in the bud.

People really need to worry about more significant things that a perceived insult on an internet forum. The creations you and I and the whole of JoeDios make are SO much more important than a 1 star rating or a misunderstood comment.

I put 100 times more value in a great image or dio than I put into any rating or insult. I encourage others to weigh their values the same way. Ignore the haters and they have no hate to feed on. Figure out whose feedback you trust and only listen to that.

NemesisEnforcerFan
07-12-2010, 07:20 PM
You just need more honest contributions to the site again. I felt that and still feel that if people were alot more like Nate in his approach to shooting toy photography instead of personality politics their wouldnt be this problem at all.

I only made certain comments in recent times as people that have spoken to me know I can't stand liars or backstabbers. I also can't stand dishonesty and i geniunely felt that certain veteran members here abused the trust shown in them and might still do to some extent. (hence why i stopped contributing at the site).

I've always had an open policy, you dont have to like that in any way. But i've always spoken truthfully and from the heart. I'd much rather spend time talking about toy photography but i'm not about to back down if someone wants a slanging match with me (this is why i dont always get on with everyone).

I did have friendships with Sonnelion and Lord Raven at some point, but that soon waned - differences of opinion and stubborn-ness i'd guess got in the way of that. That can be best kept away from the community and we dont share/talk or discuss things on MSN or fb anymore.

In spite of all this, i've always wanted Joe dios to be the best place online for gijoe photography. I've never wanted it any other way, and i'm not ego driven or afraid to admit that sometimes i've made some poor decisions. We are all human and all capable of making glaring mistakes.

At the end of the day it comes down to pretty much what Hammerfel just said. Everyone here has a responsibility and it really is up to all those left to 'kick on' and keep on creating and sharing.

I still wont be around as much, mainly because of what i listed up above and its probably for the best if those said people are still around. In any case i'm now more concentrated on lego than i ever have been - and i'll be looking to merge my two greatest likes - lego & gijoe together :)

Best of luck for the future guys :cool:
Kindest Regards

NEF

Flatline
07-12-2010, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Scarrviper]Thanks. I have nothing against this site because without it none of us would have ever met. I do feel that the site has slowly fallen apart over the last year or so with constant bickering over various things and people. I don't agree with every decision that is made here, but I can't hate this place. There are too many fond memories.[/QUOTE]
^THIS!^

rnrhero
07-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I agree with Hammerfel 100% on this. A betrayal of any of our privacy is unacceptable. I havn't followed the politics on the site and tried to just ignore any threads that got out of hand but the reason i left for a bit was because of this kind of stuff and all the bickering. Hammerfel says he is going to try to police the forums a bit better and that is greatly appreciated. That is why I don't go to hisstank. That is why I have been a loyal member of yojoe.com as it seems to be mostly free of this stuff. I have nothing personally against these two and have like there pictures and on that level wish that they did not have to go, but there actions speak louder then there photo's in this case. Lets stick to posting great photo's and move on. I know I have.

blackblast
07-12-2010, 09:34 PM
[size=2]I'm not the best photographer I dont have a superduper camera, or things like that, and for some time ago i dont upload images, but i born in Joedios, this place has been very important to me and [color=#000]without this place,.... its hard to explain. [/color]I think there are people who have been sabotaging this site for quite some time , making me more and more away. It's sad that things have gone this way. I hope that one day everything just become as when i entered here and all of you helped me get good pictures, shared good comments and things like that.[/size]

Hammerfel
07-12-2010, 10:27 PM
I'll help ya all I can, Backblast!

Tracker
07-12-2010, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=Flatline]Wow things here suck now !! :( [/QUOTE]

i say don't let this kinda stuff ruin what is a fun hobby and place to post said art. i tried my best to ignore it and leave it between just those involved..

but i will say it's that kind of stuff now matter what side your on will get you banned or worse on most sites on the internet ; whether your in the right or wrong.

I just hope that all folks involved can resolve there issue off site and get back to being friends.

Scuba Steve
07-14-2010, 02:13 PM
I have to admit my alter ID on other sites is guilty of the same crime, but not against anyone or anything Joedios. I havent been around here much so I havent noticed the places issues as much, I just noticed the fine work everyone posts! Its a shame to hear things are going bad I love this place!

Hammerfel
07-14-2010, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=Scuba Steve]Its a shame to hear things are going bad I love this place![/QUOTE]
Well they were going bad, but now they're a lot better.

I want to than all the members who sent me PM's in support of these moves, and also my increased presence on JD. I will try hard to participate more, and that means as the owner and as an artist. :)

Closing the thread.